Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

You could decarb before pressing? 45-60 minutes in a low low oven? Hot press doesn’t do enough I guess?

I need to get mine fired up again. I have this box of samples I didn’t like and found bits around the house. Been planning on pressing it all.

Nick

IMG_5089.jpeg

for cooking rosin use the 120 or 160 bags

u cook the hooks off nothing to do with bags..

4 oz silicone tubs are way to big for rosing ... 5 gram 3 gram or 25 gram to 50 gram tub all u need
Oh.
Thanks!
3gm tubs on the way.

the hooks are on the raw marijuana i dont know if there are in the rosin..

cooking raw marijuana gets rid of the hooks as well as the decarboxylation of the thc not more than 250f for 30 45 mins
or so .. in the oven speard out flat on big cookie sheets

Oh.
Thanks!
3gm tubs on the way.

maybe you be pressing 5 grams at a time 5 gram and 25 gram tubs..

u press the raw flower.. u cook the rosing to decarboxylate the thc in the silcone tub for eating or just smoke it..
but u cant..

the guy you want to talk to about this rosin in pills etc is @West Hippie he is the man check his stuff out..

maybe you be pressing 5 grams at a time 5 gram and 25 gram tubs..

u press the raw flower.. u cook the rosing to decarboxylate the thc in the silcone tub for eating or just smoke it..
but u cant..

the guy you want to talk to about this rosin in pills etc is @West Hippie he is the man check his stuff out..
Ok, got it! Thanks! :thumb:

I take much of mine raw and have never had any noticeable issues with "hooks."

I literally chop up raw flower and then add it to olive oil for my salads. No filtering, no screening, no nothing. Just pour it on my salad, herb bits and everything.

If you're going to be taking capsules, decarbing the flower first is fine (not a low low oven though: 240º for 60 minutes). But if you're going to be using the rosin for anything you will taste, be prepared for that toasted weed flavor to be all over it!
Toasted taste no thanks , if you have a press rosin takes 30 minutes at 240f . Pressing flower the taste was awesome back when I could taste it .
I’m putting together a pressing and making caps just waiting for the CCO , sunflower lecithin & rosin to cool below 80f to seal the deal .

I take much of mine raw and have never had any noticeable issues with "hooks."

I literally chop up raw flower and then add it to olive oil for my salads. No filtering, no screening, no nothing. Just pour it on my salad, herb bits and everything.
Yeah, I read some articles where they said the health benefits of eating it raw can be at least as great as the de-carbed version.
For that reason, I used to eat some raw, and then vape the rest, and wash the solids down with some warm water or tea (gulp!).
I have never heard of the hooks thing, but Delta is lining me out, so I am trying to hear and follow along.
I also need to love on my stomach, so if there is any irritation to the stomach lining it, would be great to know about it.
I can understand that most people can vape (and me not), so I can understand if it does not affect everyone the same.
I just need to love on my stomach and lungs (and wallet, haha!).

If you're going to be taking capsules, decarbing the flower first is fine (not a low low oven though: 240º for 60 minutes).
Hmmm... thanks, Shed!
I don't even really have an oven here until we get to the building phase (right now we use air fryers), so I bought an Ella Bella (Magical Butter) decarb machine.
I have no idea how it works!

I liked Delta's idea of pressing the rosin out, and then de-carbing in the little silicone tubs.
I am not sure how I will decarb yet, but with a decarb machine, I should be able to figure something out, Father willing.

How much THC is lost when de-carbing in an oven at 240F for 60 minutes?
And how much is lost if you press and then decarb second?
But if you're going to be using the rosin for anything you will taste, be prepared for that toasted weed flavor to be all over it!
Hahahaha! :cough:
I can pretty much talk myself into anything that works, but if I want to serve some to others, it would probably be good if it tasted as good as it can.
So, what tastes best? Press it out and then decarb?
(Or what is the advantage of de-carbing first?)

Grandpa left us all some recipes for making Moon Launch Honey on the first few pages, so I thought I would see if I can make some of that (and I have a few people in mind, haha! :D )

It takes packages maybe 2-3 weeks to get here, so I am trying to squeeze in videos and articles as I can.
(Probably I should start at the front of this thread, but 321 pages!! :oops: )

Toasted taste no thanks , if you have a press rosin takes 30 minutes at 240f .
Umm, you leave it on the heated press for 30 minutes at 240F?
Or do you press it out first, and then heat it to 240F for 30 minutes?

Pressing flower the taste was awesome back when I could taste it .
Roger that!!
I juuust got enough greenbud to get away from the nasty taste of concentrates (although these are extracts, not rosin).
I am hoping the rosin tastes good!

Having zero idea of what I am doing (really), one might imagine that if cooking is the thing to get rid of any alleged hooks or other offending matter (and to activate the Lunar Orbiter), then as a total noob question, would I want a low mesh size (15, or 37?), so as to get all of the goodies, to maintain the taste?
Because the de-carbing will take care of any hooks that might survive the pressing process??
(Or what all is wrong with that total noob idea?)

Toasted taste no thanks , if you have a press rosin takes 30 minutes at 240f . Pressing flower the taste was awesome back when I could taste it .
I’m putting together a pressing and making caps just waiting for the CCO , sunflower lecithin & rosin to cool below 80f to seal the deal .

whats cco ? thanks..

CCO is concentrated cannabis oil. It's another form/name for RSO.
How much THC is lost when de-carbing in an oven at 240F for 60 minutes?
None unless you go longer and then some THC begins to convert to CBN (the couchlock cannabinoid). You will lose some terpenes though but it's unavoidable.
And how much is lost if you press and then decarb second?
None. Same rule applies.
to get rid of any alleged hooks
Hey delta, got any research on these hooks that el g is worried about?

Not knocking it but the rosin edibles seem like such an expensive way to medicate
You could just decarb some weed and make CCO capsules - no need for rosin at all.
Rosin on it's own is awesome but I think using it for edibles isn't how I would go about it.

And as stated, smoking anything is probably not great for you -
but with concentrates, the potency is elevated so you can consume way less than you would just plain herb.
So in terms of lung health perhaps it's slightly better for you? Unsure tbh.

Not knocking it but the rosin edibles seem like such an expensive way to medicate
You could just decarb some weed and make CCO capsules - no need for rosin at all.
Rosin on it's own is awesome but I think using it for edibles isn't how I would go about it.

but with concentrates, the potency is elevated so you can consume way less than you would just plain herb.

only trouble with that thinking is the rosin is so dam tasty i cant stop smoking it .. i smoke way more..

CCO is concentrated cannabis oil. It's another form/name for RSO.

None unless you go longer and then some THC begins to convert to CBN (the couchlock cannabinoid). You will lose some terpenes though but it's unavoidable.
Ok, that is good to know. I had a guy warn me off against oven de-carbolation when I first got started, and I do not know if that was accurate, or not.
Only, it sounds like it tastes better if it is pressed-out first, and then decarbed in the little silicone tubs. Does that sound correct? (Or not correct?)
None. Same rule applies.
That's great!! Thanks! :yahoo:
Hey delta, got any research on these hooks that el g is worried about?
I can understand that raw and cooked are two different things, and that it might hypothetically be possible that one kind is better for one medical condition, while the other might possibly hypothetically be contraindicated.
I tend to trust Azi's method of raw ingestion, but not if there are issues...
Normally I cook hard vegetables (potatos, beets), sometimes I eat them either cooked or raw (carrots).
And some people can handle raw broccoli and some cannot.

I am told that there are some foods that will irritate bowels. Other spices will do so only in some people.
It makes total sense that lung inhalation is harder on the lungs.
It seems possible that cooked is good for some people, and not for others, and vice-versa.
I do not really know, but I did Google "+hooks marijuana cannabis stomach intestines pain" and got nothing, so yeah, it would be nice to know the source of the whole hooks thing.
(And I try not to rule out folk wisdom...)

Hey Regrowth, that is a good idea.
If it is going in a capsule, who cares how it tastes, is that the idea?
So then really what I would need is to read West Hippie's thread (swamped this week) and figure out where he gets his vcap trays. And then just decarb, and go?
I realized I do have an oven here, it just does not work (hahahaha! Details!) 🙂
We are still looking for a qualified repairman to fix my assistant's fridge (for a few months now, haha, oy... ☹️
Yeah, but how good to know that! I hate to say it, but my lungs feel way better already... ☹️
But I am sure my Chinese doctor will be happy. She asked if it was possible to change my manner of ingestion, and my first instinct was to recoil in horror 😱😱😱 so she gave up on it.
But she is super good, and fixed some stuff that has needed fixing for a while, so I figured, "This woman is good. If I want to live a long time and be healthy, then I had better take her advice..." 😭😭
Ok, now we got our boo-hoo's out! It is time to drop a chunk of change to bring in the new machine!
If capsules and extracts is my new thing, then let's hit it! Let's git 'er done! Let's production line her, 'cuz I got way too much stuff. And I will stop the world and make time to vape and pray ('cuz there is just something about it... I think you know what I am trying to say...
:volcano-smiley::bongrip::bong::roorrip::hookah:
And I was really salivating about that Daab!
But hey! Capsules it is! So, I am excited! Because if I can production line it, it should be quick.
And if I can find ways to make it taste good, I can serve it to special guests at special occasions.🙂
Hahahaha, yeah!! Right!! Hahahaha!!
That is why I hesitated so long about buying the press, is I know this stuff is delicious rocket fuel. (Like candy.)

If you're going to infuse flowers in EVOO or coconut oil you will lose a good percentage of the THC on the transfer process. You could try Sue's dust on the other hand.
Thanks, Shed!
I read the first post and signed up :thumb:
My week went sideways again--in a good way, but I am scrambling for time again. So I will try to catch up on her and West Hippie's threads if I ever get time (haha, the Rev is still around here somewhere.... :laughtwo:
I hope to catch up someday! (But right now I am back on a sprint.)
But thanks!! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom