Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

But any pointers on clarifying CCO appreciated!
Winterization. When in liquid form mixed with Alcohol, freeze for a couple days & double filter strain while frozen. Will remove plant wax's & lipids
Sunlight will remove chlorophyl when cold not sure if it will remove when warm

Winterization. When in liquid form mixed with Alcohol, freeze for a couple days & double filter strain while frozen. Will remove plant wax's & lipids
Sunlight will remove chlorophyl when cold not sure if it will remove when warm
That’s awesome, thanks Joe. I had an online search around but I think my results were inconveniently skewed to previous searches for other methods that looks lime its go t me on track. .

Will take another look.

Nick

Hiya Hashgirl!

A couple of questions based on the stuff wemve been experimenting with. Think you can probably help 🙏🏼 I read Sue’s write up.

I don't know how much help I'll be since I haven't managed to make any rosin, cco or even hash yet myself but I will try.

So we’ve made roisin off a hot 4T press and more RSO using Ethanol 99.6% (I’m not sure we actually do anything different to classic RSO to be honest, one more strain, more or less ai guess rice cooker (sorry this isn’t press stuff not meaning to derail) - so do both methods qualify as CCO?

Sue’s approach seemed like it was better utilised woth something harder to mix? The roisin just looks like refining further into a subsequent oil looks problematic?

With the solvent extract we mixed with cold press nice coconut oil. Coconut oil mixes really well because they sorta match consistency or whatever. Just a spoon and a ten second stir. Although that’s at 30 degrees celsius ambient!

I have about an oz of really dried so much slightly decarbed (just left in bags on the corner - stuff I didn't like over the month, freebies) all flower I’m going to press over the weekend and see what we get but then - try mixing it with the coconut oil the same. See how it works out in product effects!

But any pointers on clarifying CCO appreciated!

Nick:cheesygrinsmiley:

Lol.. oh i call it pot oil. and if you can get most of the green out you can call it hash oil mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Basically, there are 2 types of cannabis oil extractions:
  1. Solvent
  2. Solventless
Butane Hash Oil (BHO), Live Resin (essentially BHO but made with fresh bud), Tinctures, Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) and Concentrated Cannabis Oil (CCO) are all extracted using a solvent, e.g. carbon dioxide, butane, or ethanol.

My preferred extraction type is solventless and my method is to infuse some warmed oil, e.g. olive, sunflower, coconut with decarbed cannabis in a mini-crockpot for about 3 hours, stirring every half hour or so to make it.

I think distillate and CO₂ are also both solventless.

There's also honey oil, which I think is a purer hash oil but I'm just guessing as I've never researched it and trying to now has become difficult as the Pineapple Express oil I took 45 minutes ago has kicked in. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wowweee!

I’ve got a bunch of scraps of different stuff I’ve been givento try and my leftovers I haven’t labelled that I throw in. Getting close to an Oz now and its yellowed and decarbed nicely. That state gave me the best results in the press last time - what do you think?

Yours looks beautiful and honey yellow ❤️

Nick

I don't know how much help I'll be since I haven't managed to make any rosin, cco or even hash yet myself but I will try.

Basically, there are 2 types of cannabis oil extractions:
  1. Solvent
  2. Solventless
Butane Hash Oil (BHO), Live Resin (essentially BHO but made with fresh bud), Tinctures, Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) and Concentrated Cannabis Oil (CCO) are all extracted using a solvent, e.g. carbon dioxide, butane, or ethanol.

My preferred extraction type is solventless and my method is to infuse some warmed oil, e.g. olive, sunflower, coconut with decarbed cannabis in a mini-crockpot for about 3 hours, stirring every half hour or so to make it.

I think distillate and CO₂ are also both solventless.

There's also honey oil, which I think is a purer hash oil but I'm just guessing as I've never researched it and trying to now has become difficult as the Pineapple Express oil I took 45 minutes ago has kicked in. :cheesygrinsmiley:

you left out a few... how about the butter extraction ?

honey oil has the chlorophyll removed is all it is more than like derived from a hash oil or from top colas
pot oil is when you toss in all the fan leaves ... fan leaves turn white from the ethanol or methanol extraction ..

the secret to make the best oil is to wash the above soln in a special solvent to extract the goodness and leave
the bad tasting chlorophyll behind n others things.. nobody talks about it..

this oil is amazing

Smashed a lil Frosty Cherry O'S. A 1 min. warm up, 240 Degrees bagless, @ approximately 1.5 minutes. :nicethread:
:passitleft:
EDIT : Had a lil stoner moment, forgot to up load the fricken pics. :rofl:

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Nice rig deltadubie. I have both prefer the round fer sum reason, thinkin the rectangle required more pressure than the round and I thought that my return with the rectangle was lower. You got my curiosity and the next smash will be within a week or so, I will do a side by side and post results. I have never used bags, feel no real reason since I do not inhale use rosin fer edibles. Happy smashing.:thumb:

Nice rig deltadubie. I have both prefer the round fer sum reason, thinkin the rectangle required more pressure than the round and I thought that my return with the rectangle was lower. You got my curiosity and the next smash will be within a week or so, I will do a side by side and post results. I have never used bags, feel no real reason since I do not inhale use rosin fer edibles. Happy smashing.:thumb:

if you want some really tasty rosin to smoke you need bags.. 120 micron is a good size but 90 micron is tastier...

never tired a 75 or lower yet..

@deltadubie thank you fer yer concern, again I do not inhale or smoke all edibles fer me :rofl::rofl::peacetwo:
:thumb:

no problem .. others need to know as well..

just press up a new patch of dos si do, curing almost 2 months in 5 gallon buckets smell great very happy
with the big bucket curing vs mason jars and humidity packs still used in the buckets..
19.15% return is most excellent with a 120 micron filter 195 f for 3 mins..

Absolutely ! My attempt at throwing a lil humor and sunshine at the subject:)
Got me sum Do Si Dos going fer night Time meds, good stuff. My curing is when dry enuf, it's smashed lol. Learned most on smashing from this site here a lot good stuff.Been lurking fer a # of years , just recently registered.
Where is Grandpa Tokin ? Happy grown ,smashing and toking.

Absolutely ! My attempt at throwing a lil humor and sunshine at the subject:)
Got me sum Do Si Dos going fer night Time meds, good stuff. My curing is when dry enuf, it's smashed lol. Learned most on smashing from this site here a lot good stuff.Been lurking fer a # of years , just recently registered.
Where is Grandpa Tokin ? Happy grown ,smashing and toking.

finally coming out of the closet eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom