Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

:nicethread:
Thanks, Grandpa!

Hi Grandpa!
Thanks for the thread! Is it still alive?
My doctor wants me to go easier on my throat, so I am looking for my first rosin press. Prolly I will just buy one off the DabPress store on that Volga River.
Only, how much difference in the press is there really between, say, a 6 ton press, a 12 ton press, and a 20 ton press? Thanks.

Hi Grandpa!
Thanks for the thread! Is it still alive?
My doctor wants me to go easier on my throat, so I am looking for my first rosin press. Prolly I will just buy one off the DabPress store on that Volga River.
Only, how much difference in the press is there really between, say, a 6 ton press, a 12 ton press, and a 20 ton press? Thanks.

hey.. 12 ton press has the psi gauge if u have the cash worth over the 6 ton..

the 20 ton lets u press 2x more over the 12 ton..

i have the 12 i can press 3 grams of rosin in one go...

the 6 will work .. but u want to drive honda or Cadilac?

u might just want to eat the rosin or weed instead of smoking it .. smoking is bad period..

12 ton is like $50 more than the 6 ton. Thanks!
Yeah, but it costs like twice as much, also!

A Land Rover, haha! :cheesygrinsmiley:

u might just want to eat the rosin or weed instead of smoking it .. smoking is bad period..
Thanks, Delta.
So (if I unnerstan' correc'ly), you are saying when you take rosin vape hits, it is hard on your lungs?

Gracias.

12 ton is like $50 more than the 6 ton. Thanks!

Yeah, but it costs like twice as much, also!

A Land Rover, haha! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks, Delta.
So (if I unnerstan' correc'ly), you are saying when you take rosin vape hits, it is hard on your lungs?

Gracias.

not sure if smoking rosin is vaping .. the way i smoke it.. quartz bowl or electric nail on bong or rig respectively ..

vaping has a whole other set of lung things..

smoking is bad period ..

im not sure if your adding up all the parts think it is more than that ...

DABPRESS 10 Ton Driptech Rosin Press - 3x5 Plates, 500w, Pressing 14 Grams - No Pump

this is my press 10 tonn with a 12 tonn pump u have to add on extra $$$ .. then get a cold plate n tools.. etc

not sure if smoking rosin is vaping .. the way i smoke it.. quartz bowl or electric nail on bong or rig respectively ..

vaping has a whole other set of lung things..

smoking is bad period ..
Thanks, Delta.

Well, please correct me if this is wrong, but from my semi-noob point of view, vaping is basically a giant hot essential oils hit, so it is really no worse than running one of those home essential oils room stinker-uppers, except that it comes with a whole lot of very hot, dry air.
I am not sure the lungs were designed to absorb (or otherwise take in) essential oil vapor in quantity, but I know they were not designed to handle a lot of very hot air, so it makes sense what you are saying that "smoking" is bad.
Smoke is burnt particulate, and it is very bad for you. But are the essential oils on the lungs bad for you also?

About the stone in question, I was talking with @StoneOtter about a Daab (or a Wand). My thought was that rather than vape a lot of bowls (with a lot of hot air and lung roasting), if I did a little dab then I could achieve the same orbit with a whole lot less hot air on the lungs.
But you are saying that even vaping is still going to be bad (period), even though there is a lot less hot air, just because the point of absorption for the essential oils is the lungs?
Or do I misunderstand the whole equation? :(
im not sure if your adding up all the parts think it is more than that ...

DABPRESS 10 Ton Driptech Rosin Press - 3x5 Plates, 500w, Pressing 14 Grams - No Pump

this is my press 10 tonn with a 12 tonn pump u have to add on extra $$$ .. then get a cold plate n tools.. etc
:thanks:
Yeah, the Nile River has that one at that price, and also a 12 ton, no pump.
I was looking at the other parts and pieces.
I can probably afford the parts, I just want to make sure that taking cannabis essential oil on the lungs is not a mistake. Because if it feels good but I die, that is going to be a less-positive outcome, if you know what I mean :)

Please correct me if anything is wrong.

Thanks, Delta.

Well, please correct me if this is wrong, but from my semi-noob point of view, vaping is basically a giant hot essential oils hit, so it is really no worse than running one of those home essential oils room stinker-uppers, except that it comes with a whole lot of very hot, dry air.
I am not sure the lungs were designed to absorb (or otherwise take in) essential oil vapor in quantity, but I know they were not designed to handle a lot of very hot air, so it makes sense what you are saying that "smoking" is bad.
Smoke is burnt particulate, and it is very bad for you. But are the essential oils on the lungs bad for you also?

About the stone in question, I was talking with @StoneOtter about a Daab (or a Wand). My thought was that rather than vape a lot of bowls (with a lot of hot air and lung roasting), if I did a little dab then I could achieve the same orbit with a whole lot less hot air on the lungs.
But you are saying that even vaping is still going to be bad (period), even though there is a lot less hot air, just because the point of absorption for the essential oils is the lungs?
Or do I misunderstand the whole equation? :(

:thanks:
Yeah, the Nile River has that one at that price, and also a 12 ton, no pump.
I was looking at the other parts and pieces.
I can probably afford the parts, I just want to make sure that taking cannabis essential oil on the lungs is not a mistake. Because if it feels good but I die, that is going to be a less-positive outcome, if you know what I mean :)

Please correct me if anything is wrong.

@West Hippie makes rosin capsules for consumption... he got lots of info check him out.. he cant smoke it either ..

@West Hippie makes rosin capsules for consumption... he got lots of info check him out.. he cant smoke it either ..
Thanks DeltaDubie , I use oldSalt’s recipe for making capsules. I’m fixing to make more rosin capsules this week. In the mean time this was my last press to caps ,
Here

Hey @DeltaDubie , thanks so much for all of the tips! I appreciate it mucho. :thanks:
That really lined me out.

I thought and prayed about it.
If capsules are going to be my new thing, then I guess I do want to production line things.
I got the 12T press, the pump with pressure gauge, a cooling plate, a bench vise and 15" cheater rod, a 4x7 pre-press, some 00 capsules, some collecting and encapsulating tools, a cooling plate, and some bags. (And my wallet is lighter, too! Haha!)

I was not sure about the bags. What size microns do you need to get rid of the little hooks (to love on the stomach)?
I got some 120 microns, and some 90s (but now I wish I had ordered them both in 120, for comparison.
And I still don't know what size to use, to get rid of the hooks. Would the 220s be the best? Or what size microns do I need?

Press Club.png

Gutenberg.png

Also, what's that brown paper you use there, for collection?

1691436125701.png

Gracias from south of the border! I am running trying to make work go, but I am trying to squeeze in some DabPress videos on the side. Hopefully I can catch up with you guys eventually.

EDIT: Oh, here we go! It is called, "Parchment Paper"??
Is there better than this??
1691462989837.png

Gracias.

Hey @DeltaDubie , thanks so much for all of the tips! I appreciate it mucho. :thanks:
That really lined me out.

I thought and prayed about it.
If capsules are going to be my new thing, then I guess I do want to production line things.
I got the 12T press, the pump with pressure gauge, a cooling plate, a bench vise and 15" cheater rod, a 4x7 pre-press, some 00 capsules, some collecting and encapsulating tools, a cooling plate, and some bags. (And my wallet is lighter, too! Haha!)

I was not sure about the bags. What size microns do you need to get rid of the little hooks (to love on the stomach)?
I got some 120 microns, and some 90s (but now I wish I had ordered them both in 120, for comparison.
And I still don't know what size to use, to get rid of the hooks. Would the 220s be the best? Or what size microns do I need?

Press Club.png

Gutenberg.png

Also, what's that brown paper you use there, for collection?

1691436125701.png

Gracias from south of the border! I am running trying to make work go, but I am trying to squeeze in some DabPress videos on the side. Hopefully I can catch up with you guys eventually.

THINK your a bit off on your understanding ..

the filter bags you buy 120 or 90 micron is good 90 is better flavour .. less material..

the filter bag size you buy needs to match you pre mold... not your press plates..

im using the dab press bags on amazon dab store.. green pack in pic and the matching 4x2 mold..

raw parchment paper works.. takes more skill and time than super slick paper but cost way less money..

i get the 15 inch wide roll and cut in half.. make a couple sheets at a time..

Hey Delta.
THINK your a bit off on your understanding ..
Undoubtedly. That is why I appreciate your help so much.
the filter bags you buy 120 or 90 micron is good 90 is better flavour .. less material..
Ok, great to know! But maybe I misunderstood something?
I thought you were saying not to eat cannabis raw, because it has hooks on it, and it is bad for your stomach.
I tried to find out what micron mesh size I should buy to get rid of the hooks (and no smaller).
(50m? 75m? 90m? I still don't know.)
If you like 90 micron best, I should probably start with that--but does that get rid of the hooks? (Or not really get rid of the hooks?) Because I want to love on my stomach as well as my lungs.
the filter bag size you buy needs to match you pre mold... not your press plates..
Sorry, I am bit confused.
The 12t comes with 4x7 press plates. I bought a 4x7 pre-mold, and 4x7 bags, 'cuz if I can't sit there and enjoy the dank sweet flavor, then super-bummer deal, dude--but in that case, I just need to git 'er done, and git on back to the mill.
I am clueless about microns, I think you are saying 90 tastes best to you, but I am not sure.
im using the dab press bags on amazon dab store.. green pack in pic and the matching 4x2 mold..

raw parchment paper works.. takes more skill and time than super slick paper but cost way less money..
Yeah, maybe I better look for super slick paper to start with, and then once I get the hang of it I can go with the raw parchment paper.
Thanks.
i get the 15 inch wide roll and cut in half.. make a couple sheets at a time..
:thumb:

Hey Delta.

I thought you were saying not to eat cannabis raw, because it has hooks on it, and it is bad for your stomach.
I tried to find out what micron mesh size I should buy to get rid of the hooks (and no smaller).
If you like 90 micron best, I should probably start with that--but does that get rid of the hooks? (Or not really get rid of the hooks?) Because I want to love on my stomach as well as my lungs.

The 12t comes with 4x7 press plates. I bought a 4x7 pre-mold, and 4x7 bags, 'cuz if I can't sit there and enjoy the dank sweet flavor, then super-bummer deal, dude--but in that case, I just need to git 'er done, and git on back to the mill.
I am clueless about microns, I think you are saying 90 tastes best to you, but I am not sure.

Yeah, maybe I better look for super slick paper to start with, and then once I get the hang of it I can go with the raw parchment paper.
Thanks.

eating the rosin got nothing to do with micron size, you have to u have to heat in oven at 250F 40mins

for eating just get the 120 or maybe 160 micron bags..

the lower you go the better the taste ive only gone as low as 90

i bet 75 be nicer to smoke you get less rosin..

4x7 pre mold is massive im not sure you should start with a mold that big.. 2 x 4.5 pre mold

i can see problems with that size .. flow over all sides .. prehaps uneven flow.. i recommend
4x2 size to start ..

Hey Delta.

Thanks.

you need some silicone containers 3 gram is size i use can fill up on a good press.. i just do 1 press at a time
smoke it for a few days .. then press some more.. 15 min job or so ..

u can cook rosin in the silcone .....

eating the rosin got nothing to do with micron size, you have to u have to heat in oven at 250F 40mins
Ahhh, ok. So realistically, to protect my stomach, I am looking at cooking, rather than eating it raw?
In that case, is 75 better?
Or 50?
Or 37?
Or 25?
for eating just get the 120 or maybe 160 micron bags..
And at least 120 micron if I want to eat it raw and still love on my stomach??
the lower you go the better the taste ive only gone as low as 90
Hm...
And what does cooking do to the taste?
i bet 75 be nicer to smoke you get less rosin..
Yeah, but you said smoke is bad for the lungs, period, so I guess I am a rosin-press-and-capsules dude now.
4x7 pre mold is massive im not sure you should start with a mold that big.. 2 x 4.5 pre mold
Oh! :oops::(
Okay.
i can see problems with that size .. flow over all sides .. prehaps uneven flow.. i recommend
4x2 size to start ..
Okay. I will look for those now.
But what size microns 2x4?

If you want THC the rosin needs to be decarbed before you ingest it. If you don't it's THCa which is a non-psychoactive compound.
Right.
Thanks, Shed!
I guess the thing is that I never heard the thing before about the little hooks, but I guess it makes sense.
I am not sure if I want to eat part of it raw (as some think THC-A is even more healthy), and some of it cooked (or de-carbed in some fashion).
I'm just trying to get everything on the way, because there is a three-week lag time with shipping here at best.

I found a 2x4 press, and some bags (15, 50, and 75 micron, 'cuz I am gonna cook I guess).

Then I found some 4oz silicone baby-food tubs, and put them on the way also.

I kinda need my health, so I got a Rosineer mat and an EllaBella oil machine (like a Magical Butter) and my budget is shot until maybe April! Hahahaha! :rofl:
But I need my weed (serious business, or I cannot focus nearly so well).

1691512275870.png

So I am still not sure about the hooks, but I should be able to find some way to get both raw and cooked (decarbed).
(Haha, they still need an emoticon with a press!)

Right.
Thanks, Shed!
I guess the thing is that I never heard the thing before about the little hooks, but I guess it makes sense.
I am not sure if I want to eat part of it raw (as some think THC-A is even more healthy), and some of it cooked (or de-carbed in some fashion).
I'm just trying to get everything on the way, because there is a three-week lag time with shipping here at best.

I found a 2x4 press, and some bags (15, 50, and 75 micron, 'cuz I am gonna cook I guess).

Then I found some 4oz silicone baby-food tubs, and put them on the way also.

I kinda need my health, so I got a Rosineer mat and an EllaBella oil machine (like a Magical Butter) and my budget is shot until maybe April! Hahahaha! :rofl:
But I need my weed (serious business, or I cannot focus nearly so well).

1691512275870.png

So I am still not sure about the hooks, but I should be able to find some way to get both raw and cooked (decarbed).
(Haha, they still need an emoticon with a press!)

for cooking rosin use the 120 or 160 bags

u cook the hooks off nothing to do with bags..

4 oz silicone tubs are way to big for rosing ... 5 gram 3 gram or 25 gram to 50 gram tub all u need

Back
Top Bottom