Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

I'd top both and take off the lowest 3 nodes on Dawn. I end up removing them later anyway so earlier means more top colas!
Agreed!
Kyle Kushman has a really good Youtube video on his process. He leaves a few fan leaves but removes anything that will just amount to larf.

I hope you have a big backyard like he does! Those boxes are pretty large.

I have one of those nightime moth fryers hanging by the back of the shed and I have a lot fewer caterpillars these days.

BT spray is a lot easier than cages if your plants don't end up like BL's. :)
I used a nearby bug fryer 2 years ago - and I kinda thought it attracted them tbh.
BT will definitely be in the mix.

BT spray is a lot easier than cages if your plants don't end up as big as BL's. :)
So last year I had the one plant in the cage, and the other plant got BT spray once per week. Both methods worked really well, as I found no caterpillars during harvests. BT spray was indeed a little less effort, but the plant in the cage didn't get sprayed with any chemicals. Your choice. :goodluck:

OFFS
Yesterday I was marveling at how nice the OG girls look. Lots of new growth, great color, all going fantastic right?

Dawn is showing pistils.

Sheesh. They were not expected to go into flower for at least a few more weeks. My 3 plants last year did the same thing - went into flower early June, then kinda veg again, then really flower early August, then go all the frikkin way to October to harvest.

Grow outdoors, they said.
It will be fun, they said. . . .

If you did the same last year, I'm guessing that moving them into the shade is enough to trigger them.
Yup.
That’s what I figured.
But they have always been getting partial shade. Full sun in the morning then afternoon shade.

I guess I need to stop moving them around. Today I moved them to a new spot behind the patio. Partial shade.

No worries. Not gonna stress over it. What happens will happen. If I get a few ounces of stinky weed it’s all good.

I'm now thinking they are going into flower due to the weather. For about a week now we are into "June Gloom" pattern. Overcast and gloomy in the morning, then the clouds burn off and it is sunny and warm in the afternoon. Typical for this area. In 2020 I don't think we had this weather pattern and those plants went into flower first week of August.
Or not. Who knows?

The two Jack Herer girls are looking much better - I've removed some of the yellowing leaves. Their nice green color has returned. The flowers are getting bigger, so I think no going back to veg.

Wondering if the brown spots are caused by the septoria that @InTheShed is dealing with?
I've been very careful when removing those leaves - not spreading the fungus (if that's what it is). When I examine the removed leaves the underside is very dark almost gray. Looks like fungus damage to me. I'm trying not to spray neem in flower so we'll see how they do. Should I move them farther away from the OG girls?

I sprayed all with Safer yesterday then washed off about 30 mins later.

Back
Top Bottom