Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

Yes sir so heavily galvanized steel stinks to high heaven and welds like shit but we are almost done this portion of the order only 1,000 more parts to go sigh I miss my old job was so nice to sit and weld and not lean over a table but it’s money my man. And hey the wife gets to see some shiny nipples lmao or treat the burns

The worst was when I started at this company I was doing the finishing welds on these cages sitting on the ground with leather over my legs it somehow made a hole in the right cheek of my jeans bounced off my balls and out the other side. The saddest part was they all wanted me to go to the bathroom and put cream on it. I’m like yo it isn’t that bad just let me go for a smoke…they never did :(
Yikes!
I heard that welding galvanized gives off some nasty fumes. Like, wear a mask fumes. Yes?

I see them Damn choppers circle my back yard Every Summer!! I'm only in a Semi-legal state to grow. But I will still give Em a Double mid Finnger. And if they flying really Low, then I just drop the drawers, and Flip them my Willie too :p
Yeah they are checking me out for sure. I try not to piss them off anymore. Learned my lesson many years ago.

Yikes!
I heard that welding galvanized gives off some nasty fumes. Like, wear a mask fumes. Yes?
Yes sir have to be somewhat clean shaven, I'm normally not but also not running it all the time just got a big order. If you inhale to much you get heavy metal poisoning which mimics flu like symptoms so if your sick with the cold it feels like the flu etc all the way up to pneumonia. My understanding is the only way to help with symptoms is to drink a gallon of milk...im lactose intolerance. Luckily enough never had it normally just muscle threw it. Although I hear aluminon fumes are 10x worst.

Yes sir have to be somewhat clean shaven, I'm normally not but also not running it all the time just got a big order. If you inhale to much you get heavy metal poisoning which mimics flu like symptoms so if your sick with the cold it feels like the flu etc all the way up to pneumonia. My understanding is the only way to help with symptoms is to drink a gallon of milk...im lactose intolerance. Luckily enough never had it normally just muscle threw it. Although I hear aluminon fumes are 10x worst.
Do you use organic vapor masks or some other kind for that?

Do you use organic vapor masks or some other kind for that?
We use a 3M respirator cant remember the code for them although that reminds me I need to bring my backup tomorrow the strings on the one I have there are shit I was breathing that shit in all night like I said never gotten sick from it but don't want to risk it if I can avoid it

We use a 3M respirator cant remember the code for them although that reminds me I need to bring my backup tomorrow the strings on the one I have there are shit I was breathing that shit in all night like I said never gotten sick from it but don't want to risk it if I can avoid it
I'm thinking of getting an organic vapor one to work with ethanol so I was looking for expert advice.

I was just reading through that this minute! Thanks for confirming I'm in the right place.

Sorry you're not feeling well though. Get some sleep and I hope you're feeling better in the morning!
Thanks man, few more months then hopefully I can go back to a normal job. Sorry for hijacking your thread @GratefulBud

Was a little warm today - 96˚F and 40% RH.
Ladies are looking good but they sure felt it today. It's supposed to be 96-97 next few days. Will see how they do.
Took these pics this morning:

Those fan leaves on Lori are HUGE!

Was a little warm today - 96˚F and 40% RH.
Ladies are looking good but they sure felt it today. It's supposed to be 96-97 next few days. Will see how they do.
Took these pics this morning:

Those fan leaves on Lori are HUGE!
Yes Grateful Grade A on the photography plants look healthy your knocking it out of the ball park now go jump in the pool before you spontaneously combust

A bit warm but at least you're getting sun! June gloom all day here now. :(
Wow!
Hot as hell yesterday and again today.
The plants are showing slight stress but so far so good. Another day or two and they may be wilting.

So I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to keep the bugs away. Specifically those bastard caterpillars. Last time I used large tomato cages and manipulated the branches around to where I wanted colas. I then placed large bush netting over the plant / cage and secured at the bottom.

I think I'll do it similar this year.

Needs to be:
  • Portable - move with pot.
  • High enough (I'll add a wire loop to the top of the tomato cage) so the netting clears the top cola.
  • Easily removable for inspection, watering, etc.
  • Needs to let sunlight in as I will leave it on 24hrs.
  • Must allow air flow to avoid PM. Also it gets windy every afternoon.
  • I'd like to be able to water thru it. I remove or lift the netting when feeding nutes.

This is what I have so far:

Open to any suggestions you may have.
Wanted opinions before I purchase several more nets.

Thanks!

Bastards for sure. BTK should be safe to spray.
Hi Regrowth!

Yeah I will use BT about once per week during flower. Safer about once per week as well (different day).
I also placed a bunch of lady bugs under the netting and most hung around several weeks until harvest. Even with me removing the netting every few days. Very few bugs last time.

Open to any suggestions you may have.
For your plant sizes, the netting over the tomato cages is probably your best bet. It sounds like you had pretty good success last year. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom