Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

Hey GB :ciao: sorry about your issues, may I make a suggestion?
I've had digestive issues for years as well, with no diagnosis from doctors.
It was feken hell, then I started using RSO.
Lots at first, but I'm on a maintenance dose once a day now.
Changed my life completely.
I go like a normal human now, not 30 x a day.
Many health benefits to it.
I also take CBD daily so that might help you too.
Rick Simpson Oil, R.S.O. check it out I think it would help. :thumb:
Have a great weekend Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill!
I will look into the RSO.
I drink a little bottle of Yakult every day for the probiotics. It definitely helps.

Hiya Shed!

I would go with the turkey bags for burping and then drop them in an airtight bucket for curing.
I ordered some yesterday. Ten large bags.
I recommend you wash everything you harvest. Besides the spraying there are still bugs (dead and alive) along with all the remaining residue left from spraying. Not to mention all the dust and pollen.
I've been spraying Safer again and will do every 3-4 days until harvest. Washing off really well about 30 minutes later.
And I wet trim all my harvests. I want to go through each flower before they're hung dry to check for anything that might ruin the harvest while they hang, like pests or rot.
I've been washing in first bucket - with 3:1 hydrogen peroxide - then trimming, then washing in lemon juice / baking soda bucket, then rinsing in two more buckets with plain water.

Something in my process is causing loss of the nice terpene flavors. What MF said makes some sense to me - leave the sugar leaves on so there is more microbial action. So I'm going to experiment (lab coat and everything) this harvest. Last time I let a few buds just hang dry in the heat and they smelled and tasted better than my washed and fridge dried buds. Problem is I think you lose trichomes when you hang dry in temps over 70˚F.

Hey quick question - can I use citric acid instead of lemon juice to wash? I have some lemon juice in the fridge from last year that should be OK.

Thanks!

You can see the heat damage in the close-ups. The top pistils are brown and wilted. I don't think I'm close to harvest yet but I could be wrong. Both Sunny and Dawn seem to be drinking less. It was 108˚F here yesterday. Will continue to be over 100 for the next week.

If the buds are airy and the sugars trichy then just pull that fans off and make dry ice hash of what's left!
Yeah I'm thinking dry ice hash will be on the menu soon. These buds are way chunkier than previous grows!
I watched a video of some guy using a mini clothes washer to make hash with ice and water, using multiple micron bags. Looked like a hassle. The process using just one 80 micron bag and a bucket with dry ice looked a LOT easier.

Yeah I'm thinking dry ice hash will be on the menu soon. These buds are way chunkier than previous grows!
I watched a video of some guy using a mini clothes washer to make hash with ice and water, using multiple micron bags. Looked like a hassle. The process using just one 80 micron bag and a bucket with dry ice looked a LOT easier.
I did a post last month on my bubble hash run and highly recommend not doing it. Dry ice hash is sooooo much simpler.

Some of the best smoke I've had was from very loose bud GB. It's just different. They're looking smokin hot!
Hi Stone!
Yeah my Wedding Cake from last year was not near as chunky as these. But it produces a nice buzz!

I did a post last month on my bubble hash run and highly recommend not doing it. Dry ice hash is sooooo much simpler.
I saw that. Dry ice looks way easier.
Pro tip - dry ice goes on sale around Halloween.

Hey there Bud! Despite your bug/leaf issues, I think they all look pretty darn good this season. I had the same problem with "reveg" on my plants this year, but now that flowering is in full mode, they are looking fine as are yours. Looking at your latest pics, they still have a quite a way to go yet (in my opinion).
I am debating whether to buy more jars (gallon wide mouth), or Grove Bags (damn expensive), or just use simple oven turkey bags for my upcoming cure.
I follow pretty much the same philosophy as Shed. Turkey bags for the initial burping, then air-tight containers for the cure. I use mason jars and Boveda packets. The turkey bags are good for accommodating a larger quantity of buds into one bag - usually can fit the entire plant worth of buds. This gets all the buds equalized into the same humidity state. While hang drying, some buds will dry faster than others. Unfortunately, turkey bags are not that great at keeping an air-tight seal. I usually move the buds into mason jars once the turkey bag gets close to 62%.

Hey there Bud! Despite your bug/leaf issues, I think they all look pretty darn good this season. I had the same problem with "reveg" on my plants this year, but now that flowering is in full mode, they are looking fine as are yours. Looking at your latest pics, they still have a quite a way to go yet (in my opinion).

I follow pretty much the same philosophy as Shed. Turkey bags for the initial burping, then air-tight containers for the cure. I use mason jars and Boveda packets. The turkey bags are good for accommodating a larger quantity of buds into one bag - usually can fit the entire plant worth of buds. This gets all the buds equalized into the same humidity state. While hang drying, some buds will dry faster than others. Unfortunately, turkey bags are not that great at keeping an air-tight seal. I usually move the buds into mason jars once the turkey bag gets close to 62%.
Hiya Beez!

Yeah I'm thinking at least another 2 - 3 weeks for my ladies.
I like that turkey bag strategy. Most of my crop will be given away to friends and family so I don't need long term storage just cure.

At what humidity do you place in the turkey bags?
How do you seal the turkey bags - twist tie?

My plan:
Place washed lightly trimmed buds (~120 grams per bag) into paper bags in the fridge for about two weeks or so. Then when the outer frost leaves get crunchy I'll move some to a jar for several hours to check RH. If over 68% they go back into the paper bags. If under 68% they go into the turkey bags for twice daily burp. After 2 days go to once daily burp, then once every 3-4 days. After 3-4 weeks move to gallon mason jars.

What do you think?

I usually hang dry about 4-5 days (approx 70F, 50% rh) and place into turkey bags at about 70% rh. I do use twist ties... as tight as I can make them.
My plan:
Place washed lightly trimmed buds (~120 grams per bag) into paper bags in the fridge for about two weeks or so. Then when the outer frost leaves get crunchy I'll move some to a jar for several hours to check RH. If over 68% they go back into the paper bags. If under 68% they go into the turkey bags for twice daily burp. After 2 days go to once daily burp, then once every 3-4 days. After 3-4 weeks move to gallon mason jars.

What do you think?
Your plan seems pretty good to me. I would suggest maybe letting the buds dry out a little bit before going into the fridge though. In my environment I usually let them hang dry for 24 hrs, then into the fridge when doing the "low and slow" method. In your environment, maybe 8 hrs would be enough. If they are too wet, you run the risk of mold.

I failed to catch this on the first pass:
After 3-4 weeks move to gallon mason jars.
I only keep the buds in turkey bags until the rh gets down to 62%. For me that's only a few days. 3-4 weeks seems too long.

Hiya Beez!

Yeah I'm thinking at least another 2 - 3 weeks for my ladies.
I like that turkey bag strategy. Most of my crop will be given away to friends and family so I don't need long term storage just cure.

My plan:

What do you think?
Like the bags the turkeys come in?

Your plan seems pretty good to me. I would suggest maybe letting the buds dry out a little bit before going into the fridge though. In my environment I usually let them hang dry for 24 hrs, then into the fridge when doing the "low and slow" method. In your environment, maybe 8 hrs would be enough. If they are too wet, you run the risk of mold.
Yes after I wash I'll hang for about 3 hours. Should be dry enough to go into paper bags and then into the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom