Greenislands grow journal 09' #2

To answer your question setting sun about the ballast and their consumption. Yes, or no...the ballasts pull 600 watts no matter what the dimmer setting is on...yes it kinda sucks but its still good for hardening even if you are paying for more light. Im possitve the Lumateks are that way too, Ive never actually heard anyone say that the quantums are this way but Im almost certain they are.

I only have about another 10 days before I start the 2 week flush. The buds are really starting to dense up now, especially with the CO2 crankin. Heres a picture, sorry its so washed out from the HPS lights, Ill try and get a better picture next time, my bad. Here ya go!

100_1437_-_Copy.jpg

I think we were all hoping that about the dimming feature Setting Sun, lol. Or stleast I was! Maybe someday. The nextgen makes a E-ballast that can operate both 600 and 400 without always using 600watts but you also have to switch bulbs.

Closer shots like this?

100_1417_-_Copy.jpg

Or are you talking about macro shots of the trichs cigo? Either way let me know and I will post whateever kind of pic it is you wanted next time I post pics which will probably be later today or tomarrow. Thanks for stopping by!

Bullz eye!!!:D
i would tell in this photo i can see more,more more more detailed view and plant are looking much better then pictures before! nice !
And f*ck that plant are pretty forsty, i mean "sugar" is even on single leaf!!!

Sugar as i call is trichomes...

wow!! great lookin plants, about 2 weeks ago i was looking at the same thing in my grow room. you are gonna have some chunky colas.

lol, you guys are funny. thats a reposted picture from a post I made on THIS journal about a week ago...lol. Anyhow Its the lights fault as far as the washing out of orange goes, in fact I have so much wattage in that room that I have to turn all the lights off and turn on the flash before I can get pictures with ANY detail. But from now on that is exactly what I will do, turn the lights off and snap some pics for all you guys here! Glad to have you all around!

nice plants bro!!!

Oh just just some info on that Liquid Light. I talked to a few growers including DutchMaster's as far as using it; if and when you start using it in the veg. room, and you dont want your stretch to last 4 weeks then use it no later then week 2 At the most. I used it all the way through week 4 and it made my harvest date push back a couple weeks, not that I'm complaining, more growth = more flowers.

So im kinda confused...so ar you saying it makes your plants stretch? or do you just mean it lengthens the time it takes them to finish? And it seems like thats kinda odd that it makes them take longer, especially when I think that more light would help with my finish time...hmmmm. So how often did you spray your girls with it (liquid light and penetrator)cause I thought I read that it said spray every two weeks, am I remembering wrong? I dont have the bottles in front of me right now. Thanks for all the great info man its much appreciated and there isnt a whole lot out there that talks about this product, so I really appreciate the help.

So im kinda confused...so ar you saying it makes your plants stretch? or do you just mean it lengthens the time it takes them to finish? And it seems like thats kinda odd that it makes them take longer, especially when I think that more light would help with my finish time...hmmmm. So how often did you spray your girls with it (liquid light and penetrator)cause I thought I read that it said spray every two weeks, am I remembering wrong? I dont have the bottles in front of me right now. Thanks for all the great info man its much appreciated and there isnt a whole lot out there that talks about this product, so I really appreciate the help.

No it prolongs the stretch meaning the stretch will last longer. Thats what I originally thought, but after consulting with D.M and growwers, it suppose to increases light production up to 60%.Now as far as the percentage , who knows really. But it definetly didnt speed up flowering time. Yeah your suppose to spray them twice a week. I didnt it 3 times, or every 2-3 days.

I know way to many growers that never spray ,we our a few.most oldtimers think its a waste of time.I looked at Duchmaster decided to stick to my guns an not spray.you want tight plant lower your lights and add a butt load of sugar in veg.I put 16 ounces of sweet in every week till bloom.sugar and C02 will stack them plants nice.get them lights down about 18 to 20 inches from the tops.unless your on movers then you can go 6 inches.you will stack just fine.

Thank you butcher. your help is much appreciated! I to have never used foliar feeds or anything foliar either, until now, I suppose unless you count misting the clones. But since I was going to be trying the dutch master line of nutes I figured I should do it as specified atleast once otherwise how would I know how the nutes really work? I do use a few other additives and things of that nature, I dont really have any issues with stacking and I have more than enough lumens per square foot to make just about anything to flower densely but I just wanted to try it out and see what happens, ya know? The particular strains I have in the room right now arent going to produce much more per watt than they do right now no matter what I do or add, there at their genetic potential for the most part. This is mostly just to see what happens and how I like the dutch master line overall in comparison to AN, GH, and H&G as well as botanicare. Ive used all of those except for H&G which you are using Pit, and Dutch master. So far the botanicare was ok but I liked GH 3 part more and GH's nova series even more than that! Next was AN just ahead of the Nova line not because AN produced better which it did but not by much but because the nova clogged the lines, but the finished product was top notch I do have to say that, just tasty and smooth as hell. So the only two left are what Im using next grow which is Dutch master and H&G and so thats why Im using them right now, its just a test. Thanks for everyones input on this nutrient matter though, it is very much appreciated, thank you.

Greenie- Still the best journal here! Hope you get to win member of the month. You deserve it!

Back
Top Bottom