GreenSmurf's Back With LED, DWC, Multiple Strains

We are about a day or two away from a Swiss Cheese Harvest. It's a happy day over here in GreenSmurfs Garden. Trichomes are looking great, they are turning the most lovely shade of amber. I'm going to get in there and give her one last big haircut. I'm planning on removing all the larger fan leaves tonight. Give her a flush with sledgehammer, and chop down tomorrow night if all goes to plan.

Well it's been a long couple hours cutting down SC. I wasn't able to get to make a new drying area so im back to drying in the box.

I did a partial harvest tonight and still have a lot more to go. I definitely did better with yield this round than last round. I also learned a little bit by watching her grow and think I can further increase my future yields.

Here is what I cut down and have hanging.

20170125_231309.jpg

20170125_224849.jpg

Here is what I have left of SC to work with. Because of the way this massive bush grew with all those colas, the inner bush didn't get the penetration it needed and was underdeveloped. This is where I think I can improve my future yields.

20170125_191959.jpg

Almost forgot to upload the other plants tonight.

Here is RC before the SC chop tonight. She will love that SC is no longer crowding her space as much.

20170126_004635.jpg

I also grabbed a few shots of PA showing off the new growth and new tie downs.

20170126_004425.jpg

20170124_204026.jpg

Wow that first girl in the back is HUGE! Wonder what she will end up yielding?

Those veg girls looking nice as well! Keep up the awesome growing GS!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks CK,

This was my first experience with an auto-flowering strain. I am impressed with the yield for sure. The post above shows her pre-harvest and the one before that shows what I cut down and have left to cut. I won't weigh the harvest until they are ready for the jars but I'm guessing I'm pushing somewhere around 2 oz. so far. My plan is to see if I can push a little more out of her. I have a lot of underdeveloped nugs still left on her, and if all goes well I might get another oz.

So talking with the wife, I came up with the idea of making a new edible treat. I'm going to call them "canna cinna sticky buns" so basically im making monkey bread with canna butter. Instead of using a bunt pan I'll use cupcake pan for easy individual servings.

After being cut down and hanging since Wednesday the buds were trimmed off the branches and we will begin the jarring process tonight. There is still a little bit of moisture left in the buds so they are laying out in a cardboard box for the time being. But I was surprised to see 4.5oz on my scale. I'm sure to see that weight go down as the cure progresses but not that much more. And I still have some left to cut down! I am very impressed with this harvest.

Great news everyone :tommy: It's butter time!

I'm going to be using instructions based off of a thread found on this site in the medical marijuana edible fourm.

*medium size pan 1/4 fill water
*1/2 pound of butter
*20g flower/bud
*3hr simmer
*strain and refrigerate

Here we have the butter waiting for the water to boil and food processor to lightly grind the herbs.

20170128_205902.jpg

Once the water is boiling we place the butter inside and wait for it to melt. Feel free to stir it along to speed up the process.

20170128_210105.jpg

20170128_210452.jpg

Once the butter is melted place in your herbs.

20170128_2105281.jpg

You don't have to cover it but I'm trying to keep down the smell with it and my fan.

20170128_224415.jpg

Make sure heat is on very low and stir for a few min every 15-20 min.

20170128_224424.jpg

Here we are 2hrs in almost done!

20170128_224442.jpg

I make my butter the same way and, man, it makes some great brownies and the like. I missed if you decarbed the bud. I think a good decarb makes a big difference and also lechitin when you
are going to bake with it. I have made kick-ass brownies using 28gms of decarbed bud/sugar/ half a lb of butter but i used lechitin this last time and i have to say the onset time was significantly reduced.
Nice job!

I make my butter the same way and, man, it makes some great brownies and the like. I missed if you decarbed the bud. I think a good decarb makes a big difference and also lechitin when you
are going to bake with it. I have made kick-ass brownies using 28gms of decarbed bud/sugar/ half a lb of butter but i used lechitin this last time and i have to say the onset time was significantly reduced.
Nice job!

Hey Lazarus thanks for asking a great question! I did not decarboxylation the bud this time. I was really thinking about it so it would have been ready for morning toast or on top of pancakes. but this batch will be baked and figured that would be enough to achieve the results. Idk Im always open to improving my methods. I'll give it a go next batch for a comparison!

That is what I'm doing now with the Swiss Cheese. I harvested most of the plant and left all the underdeveloped nugs on the plant. Those nugs now are filling up and will be used for cooking edibles.

Sorry for the lack up updates guys been busy job searching and interviews. Hard work paid off, I landed a job, now I just need to pass the almighty piss test on monday. GNC here I come

Back
Top Bottom