GreenThumb J's Perpetual Multi-Strain Journal!

Thanks for the answer on the Air pots GT.

Got some sorta bad news for the Flower tent..

No, i still have it.. just have to empty it for a few days.. i'll explain in a bit once i've done flushing plants.

Also, i'm going to go over my new method, which is actually TheCapn's method of flushing his plants.. they look so beautiful when they are flushed, so i kindly asked him and he told me his simple secret.

I tried this out, starting only last night, and i can already see the difference in my plant that was already flushing.

Will be back in a bit guys!

Interesting, but frankly, brewing tea is just too much work for me now.

i will read it fully later, once i've had a nap! Thanks brother!

Sup Yo,

I don't think you ever actually had to "Brew". If you were not using Ancient Forest (EWC/Alaskan Hummis) The reason tea was being aerate for 24-48hrs to force the beneficial bacteria out of the Ancient Forest to give them a chance to reproduce and grow.

If your not using the EWC then you could have been just throwing your tea ingredients into a bucket and serve right away.

It seems like just as much if not more work to be preparing and administering SubCulture root drenches every day/every other day as it is to brew a weekly tea.

Personally I had just as good of luck with the tea without brewing in EWC... Still havn't confirmed my opinion on this yet though.

Here's a pic from last grow (No brew time required because no EWC); Here was the modified tea recipe I used. Let me know what ya's think... Always open to criticism.

4gal Distilled Water
2.5ml FloraBlend
1ml CalMag
2.5ml Rapid Start
12ml Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth (Humic/Fulvic Acids) (One Syringe)
1/2tsp ZHO
1/2tsp SubCulture M
20ml Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice (I had to buy this when I couldn't find any other bacillius product locally)

IMGP04261.JPG

I've now switched to brewing for 48hrs with the EWC, F.B, Ancient Earth, and rapid start..... Then after the 24-48hrs I add the ZHO, Voodoo Juice and Subculture M.... Would love to hear opinions.

I just made the switch to Recharge, and yes I veg under a 400w MH. I believe the difference is your environment is much more stable than mine, your knowledge of your methods are more solidified than mine and yes, the Sub-B and Sub-M are likely more effective than my interpretation of Cap's interpretation of Heisenberg Tea. I admit that I tweak things here and there and I'd like to believe it is so I can learn more by always challenging something that already functional, but who really knows what makes Skybound do the things he do?

So I got to digging up to see if Recharge has more trichoderma than Great White, and initially I thought yes, but now I'm not sure. Great White is measured in propagules/gram but Recharge is measured in CFUs/gram. But my research does not show a propagule to be a unit of measure so I am a bit lost as to what propagule/gram means. Any thoughts?

Hey Sky, can you post a picture of the label of Recharge to the journal here?

I cant seem to find a product label so i can compare myself between the two products.

Upon doing a quick bit of research into CFU's and Prop/gram. It would almost appear they are the same thing, however, they are slightly different.

CFU refers to the rough estimate of the number of viable bacteria or fungal cells in a given sample.
Propagules are any matierial that can be used for the propagation of an organisim to the next stage of its life.

Now they dont sound the same, but they help do the same thing. I think, and this is only speculation, as i dont have time to read 100 wikipedia pages on this stuff, that the reason that there are two different measurements is because one is referring to the amount of bacteria or fungi thats available in the product you have, CFU, or Colony-forming Units... the other, is referring to the amount of whatever in your product that can propogate those fungi or bacteria into the next stage of their life, Prop/gram or Propagules per gram.

Now i'm starving hungry, so i cant focus on readin these pages haha... what do you guys think of my quick summary?

I left 2 links in my last post, one to Recharge and the other to Great White.

I left 2 links in my last post, one to Recharge and the other to Great White.

Skybound, Im finding the recharge to be around $30 for 8oz... How do you mix this stuff? Im trying to figure out if the product will go a long ways with just a little 8oz container.

I was gifted my first 8oz tub, but $30 sounds more than fair especially since it replaces 4 products needed to make a tea. The tub of Recharge suggests to use a half teaspoon per gallon, AG said he mixes at half that which is what I am going to do. There are a few vids on youtube, one with Scotty Real, the other with The Dude in particular. If memory serves, I think they both use it at varying strengths based upon each situation. The Dude compared it to most of the other leading products on the market and say's it out performs them all, but this is coming from one of the creators/producers so saying that goes without saying. I am eager to see the results when I pot up my veg plants. I may even do it twice weekly as the instructions say for "high performance" use as every other watering.

Got some sorta bad news for the Flower tent..

No, i still have it.. just have to empty it for a few days.. i'll explain in a bit once i've done flushing plants.

Also, i'm going to go over my new method, which is actually TheCapn's method of flushing his plants.. they look so beautiful when they are flushed, so i kindly asked him and he told me his simple secret.

I tried this out, starting only last night, and i can already see the difference in my plant that was already flushing.

Will be back in a bit guys!

Whats the simple flushing secret?

holy hell the blue kush must have put greenthumb down:cheesygrinsmiley:

You damn right it did brother!! Let me give you all a little peek at what i'm smoking on currently

Blue kush:
GEDC0991.JPG
GEDC0990.JPG

I didn't grow it, but i DO have 1 Dinafem Blue Kush bean waiting to be grown!! The smoke is probably hands down one of the best, just behind the Pink Kush, in my books.

i also got caught up playing some video games with Lady GT while we smoked some Blue Kush kief

Anyways, i'm going to get into the News i have for the journal..

Theres some Good news and some Bad news.. i will start with the bad news, which isnt really all that bad in the end.

The White Powdery Mildew has defeated me in the flower tent.. I cant keep up. I cant be raping my plants of leaves only to see the WPM pop up somewhere else. i've gone to town on the plants with the SM-90 (this eliminated the WPM from the veg tent and the grow box), but the sheer amount of leaves is too much, theres just too many places for the WPM to grow. So not last night, but the night before, i put every plant i have in the flower tent on their final flush, except one OG kush, which has had a 4 day headstart.

So the tent will be empty for a few days while i go to town cleaning every sqaure millimetre of the tent and every light and filter cover and surface and all that shit!! Not looking forward to it!

The upside is i get a nice clean tent, i can rearrage my lights and such,

The downside, is i screw up my messed up schedule even more. I supposed it doesn't really matter as i'm still finding killer strains to run in the garden.

This brings me to the good news. Every plant is harvest-able. I wont be losing any buds, however i will be sacrificing on potency, as i wanted to run the Girl Scout Cookies at least 2 more weeks before starting a flush on them. They are both at about 5% amber trichomes, which is okay by most peoples standards, but i was hoping for a much more sedative effect with the smoke. Ah well.

I'm gona chop it all in about 5 or 6 days from today.

And, on some other good news, when i was taking a look at the OG thats been flushing for a few days more than the others, i had noticed that some of the very small sugar leaves within the buds were turning purple. So i asked TheCapn if his OG ever went purple during flower or flushing, and he said only when it got really cold outside in the winter.

So that was a couple days ago, and last night when i went to check everything out and see how the WPM was wreaking havoc (not really lol) i decided what the hell, i'll take a branch from the OG thats had 4 days of flushing. So i snipped a branch and when i emerged from the tent, but still in the glow of the HPS, i was absolutely amazed to see that the calyxes were also turning purple as well! This was quite a lovely surprise.. So i had to take come pictures naturally to show TheCapn, and all you guys.. so here's a couple snaps i got last night!

Pre-trim:
GEDC0967.JPG
GEDC0972.JPG
GEDC09741.JPG

Post-trim:
GEDC0979.JPG
GEDC0981.JPG

I dont know about any of the great people following along, but i LOVE me some purple bud! It for sure is always the most potent stuff i smoke on!

Anyways, thats all for the news.. i will be back shortly and i will get into discussion about the Recharge and Great White and Subcultures and shit!!

Happy Growing!

I stumbled onto this about a week ago in passing when researching something else. I have yet to experience PM, but if I ever get it, this is what I think I'd try first as the silica is already in my regimen, would just need to get it outta the res and into a foliar feed. Just one to consider is all.

[video=youtube;lNd9wAwhA3Q]
[/video]

Very useful information Sky brother. I'm going to flush all my plants, and then start using silica as a foliar spray.

I'm actually going to try a milk spray first, as i know the whey protein in milk, when activated by ultraviolet light, works as an antiseptic and is an effective way to eradicate mildew. I will do a follow up spraying of silica to prevent the mold from growing.

I'll let you know of my results in a couple days? a week?

Back
Top Bottom