GrizzWalds - Aussie Indoor/Outdoor - Choose Your Own Adventure

Thanks Feral.. All going well at the moment.. Wish the pot-ash silica and micro-phos would get here, getting over dust mask & mortar,pestle, lol..

Yeah, man lookin good. I like those purple stems..probably genetic. Rest of that plant is loving life, so can't be a bad thing!

Will be if those temps are to cold.. Where it's running down the leaf, in the flower shot, that's where my concern is.i only noticed it from the photo.. I've been there before and it's a slow slow ride, lol..

Feral-
No need to spend money on a generator kit. All they are selling is hype.

1 small aquarium air pump
1 Short length of air tube
2 Jumper wires, alligator clip style
1 9v battery 'harness' connector
1 9v battery
2 99.99% silver wires - Most expensive part, but it will make a lot of CS
1 glass jar, like a small jelly jar
A bit of scrap cardboard, thick like a box. Enough to cover the jar twice
A bit of plastic wrap, or any plastic bag
Distilled water

Take the cardboard and cut it to make two squares roughly the same size, each large enough to cover the jar. Stack them so you have 1 lid double thick. This will sit on the jar and hold the electrodes (silver wire) in place, as well as the air line. The bit of plastic will sit between the cardboard and jar, protecting it from water for the most part.

Take a small pointy object and pierce the center of your lid. Large enough to push the air line through, tight enough to hold it.

Bend one tip of each silver wire in a U, about 1.5cm worth.

Push the straight end of the silver wires through the lid, on either side of the air line. Make sure they are 1-2cm apart and never touch.

Push the short end of the U into the cardboard lid. It will help keep the wires in place.

Attach one alligator jumper (NOT Mick Dundee...) to each of the exposed U ends.

Fill the jar 3/4 with water.

Put your lid on and make sure everything is in position.

Plug in the air pump and make sure you're not splashing all over the place. You can pinch the line to limit air flow if needed, or get a little valve.

If it's all good, then connect the jumpers to the battery connector and plug in a battery.

The only thing you want in the jar is the jar it's self, the water, silver and plastic air line. No air stone. Don't use any salts. Just pure distilled water.

Run it all night.

The air bubbling is to keep the water moving and particles from conglomerating and adhering to each other and electrodes. You don't have to have the air bubbling to make CS, but you'll be cleaning the wires frequently, and I firmly believe it makes a better CS for our use.

If you have the need to measure PPM, a regular TDS/EC meter WILL NOT tell you your Ionic CS content, ionic being the key form we are looking for. You must use a PWT meter if you must know the PPMs. Or you can shoot a laser through the jar. You should see a nice strong crisp beam in the water.

If you just use CS for reversing plants, the above set up will make more than you'll ever need as a hobbyist. Just replace batteries. You can double up on 9v's and do 18v. Or you can use a plug in cordless drill battery. Or you can change the battery out for a wall charger. 12v and 500Ma or less does nicely. Then it's just plug it in.

:peace:

Thanks Heirloom :thumb:
Yeah the generator kits are way overpriced and wouldnt even bother with them, I have read about making your own in the past which is the route i was going to take but everything i read said you needed silver bars etc so then looked into that, then lost interest after seeing the price of silver and the amount i would need to get a good submersion :rofl: I then read around a few other places that they were not producing a high enough ppm to produce nanners and thought stuff it, can pick up a bottle premade for like $30 :rofl:
I may look back into it though using silver wire :) do you know roughly what ppm the batteries will put out?

No idea on PPM because I don't have the proper meter. A laser check tells me it's good. Let it run over night with the 9v. If using a plug in, use low, low amperage and run it 5-8 hours.

Really you almost can't go wrong with it. Just don't use high voltage or high amperage. 9-18vdc, 500ma max, though batteries can put out more.

Give it a try bro.

Thanks Heirloom :thumb:
Yeah the generator kits are way overpriced and wouldnt even bother with them, I have read about making your own in the past which is the route i was going to take but everything i read said you needed silver bars etc so then looked into that, then lost interest after seeing the price of silver and the amount i would need to get a good submersion :rofl: I then read around a few other places that they were not producing a high enough ppm to produce nanners and thought stuff it, can pick up a bottle premade for like $30 :rofl:
I may look back into it though using silver wire :) do you know roughly what ppm the batteries will put out?

I know Weaselcracker DIYs his own CS.. He has no probs. He also has access to silver, too, which helps but it seems really easy..

Pure silver links from those shopping centre jewellers or in Internet don't cost much..

Dennise!! How did you sneak in there? that is great.. Please rest and take it easy.. :):):)

Hey Grizz, the stems on my lemon kush were all purple, it wasn't an issue, I get the feeling it's strain thing. Also, because I'm too lazy to look it up, what is Ga3 ?

Gibberellic acid.... It's a plant hormone...

Heirloom, I still can't find how to use for bigger growth.. No information on the giant pumpkin sites..

With all this chat about female pollen etc, I'd like to mention a thread that Dr Ziggy has done all about that subject, it is still active, and very informative, I'd put a link in for it, but I'm on the phone and quite unco, not a good combination I'm afraid.

I hope it's just genetics Blacksmith. Last thing I want is a healthy green plant that does nothing or does it very slowly, lol... The pot has feet in bottom, they come out, sitting directly on floor might have been cold. I'll do what I can to elevate any possibility of it being temperature related, so then I can forget or admire it, lol..

Yeah, lots of info around.. Any subject there's at least ten threads of info, lol... Really, I'm not into making fem pollen, doesn't really go with my growing ethos.. I just had that ga3 there, saw it was being used in fem seed production and got excited.. Working today the deep seeded thoughts/morals :rofl: i have on it has put that idea away.. My search is for true females. I don't want to turn them into hermies once I find them...

Looking good Grizz! That Sour D looks like she will be the star of the show. Have you ever smoked Sour before? It is fucken fantastic!

Hey Blaze, thanks mate... I don't know if I've smoked it, strains aren't passed around like that in Aus, although that's slowly changing. With all the mainstream use of strain names now aussies are also wanting to smoke them, especially younger smokers, old dudes still want bush or some of that hydro if that's all your got, lol....

Back
Top Bottom