Grnwzrds 2nd Closet Northern Lights Grow, 315W CMH In Coco

Started at a 100mm pots then just went up two different sizes when they filled them with
roots.not sure of the sizes. These bags are about 19ltrs i think.

Took a snap of the girls this morning and theyve perked back up. I'll be taking some leaves off tomorrow.

IMG_324510.JPG

One of the cuttings looks ok,3 died. They where stragglers anyway and didnt expect anything.

Not much of an update, but the girls got a light haircut just to open things up a bit.

IMG_324817.JPG

IMG_324913.JPG

IMG_325014.JPG

In a few days i'll do a heavier defol.

Decided to make a screen from some stainless rods i had lying around and i welded some
washers to it. The last grow, i used plastic trellace and it was a nightmare to get off
come harvest. The string will be much easier. i did 3" squares.

IMG_325121.JPG

IMG_325222.JPG

Then i gave the ladies another decent trim. I wont touch them for a few days now
at least, to let them recover. i took off quite a bit of bottom leaves and straggler
branches that wont do much. I also put the screen on,and will start training them through it.

IMG_325415.JPG

IMG_325517.JPG

IMG_325618.JPG

I'm also going to be making some kind of funnel watering thing with reticulation
pipe so i can water them evenly without trying to get my hands and a watering container
around the plants.

Thanks for looking

Havnt flipped them yet, going to give them another week probably and try and fill the screen
before i knock it back to 12/12.

I'm going to be leaving it longer in flower too this time. I'm going for max yield. Just
juggling ideas in my head as for watering them evenly,got a few ideas.

I want to try and literally fill the screen as much as possible and do defol along the
way more so than the last grow for airflow and yield and access. I'll take the green ties off
the bigger branches soon and just use the screen. Fingers crossed everything comes together.

The girls had a rough defol session the other day so they'll be left alone to recover for
a bit. I've learned in the past you can really shock them/set them back if you hammer the defol too much
and arent careful.

Thanks for looking. ;)

Thanks Feral, I reckon a week should have her filled.

Bit of a random ramble here,
I don't smoke a great deal of cannabis anymore,basically because i have shit to do
like driving around and cant handle it like i used to. Anyway my back was stuffed lastnight
so i rolled a joint for the first time in ages. ( i have a back injury and dont take painkillers)
Ive basically ran out so i dug through the waste bag from the last grow and pinched all the
little buds that i couldnt be bothered trimming at harvest.

Went through 2 toasted sandwiches with egg,avocado, cheese,and hot english mustard
a bounty
a twix
found the mrs's stash of starburst, gone
packet of milk bottle lollies,gone
and a packet of rasberry's

Forgot about my back completely. lol

Anyway.... i made the watering funnel thing i was talking about. Used garden hose and "t" peices from
the hardware shop.Drilled holes in the hose and cut it to length,and ive got a funnel that slides over
the black t piece that is pointing out of the pots. Works a treat. goes through fast too so i can
just hold the funnel on and dump a bottle of nutes in and it goes straight through and all
around the pot :)

IMG_326112.JPG

Very happy with it. Only cost a few dollars to make them.

Just saw your post there ditch,thanks mate.

It's an honor coming from you guys,welcome aboard. ;)

I'm as interested as anyone else to see how it goes,the 315w light hasnt been used by me anyway
for a full grow. Be interested to see how much i can get out of it. I took the green ties off too,so
i'm just using the grid to train now. For anyone playing at home.

I always look at root growth and so far the 315w is proving itself very well. For them to be almost root bound
in there new pots after a few days is crazy,testamant to the coco though too. I dont think i would grow any other
way than this from now on. loving the coco.

I checked out some of the earlier photos and some of the later ones to get some dates
and give me an idea of how fast theyre growing. Did a little comparo.
plantcomparison.jpg

15 days between photographs. I'm pretty impressed.

Man i gotta get me some of that weed, my back is killing me from harvest :rofl: got some Ice Bomb here thats been helping but didnt want to smoke it or id get nothing done and end up eating the cupboards bare too :rofl: I like your watering idea, kinda like the feeder rings :) quite interested to see how the 315 goes too, depending on the size of my next space i might end up running them instead of the 600w :thumb:

Harvest is a killer, i sat on a bucket for 6 hours bent over trimming. nearly killed me. lol
The northern lights is strong and after a few tokes i forgot it was a joint and just smoked it like
a rollie because i was busy doing something.

Next thing i know i'm hunting for food. Found a box of roses chocolates too and got into them.

Go the 315 mate,honestly. The guy at the hydro shop reckons if you play your cards right
you can get the amount of product you get off the plant is somewhere between a 400w and a 600w.
I'm thinking more up the 600w end if you know what youre doing.

They are expensive for the genuine phillips gear if you want that (thats what i got) but
well worth it. It would pay for itself in power savings after not too long.

Just looked up the feeder rings,very similar only mine has bigger holes and lots of them
so i can really dump it in by hand.I'll try get a photo tomorrow when i water them,
of it in action.

Ive been standing up doing it as i know if i sit down i wont get back up hehe, cooked up a big pot of spaghetti last night so chowing down now at almost 4am :rofl:
Yeah been looking into the 315, there is an adapter available to run it in a normal hood and id love to fire one up in my OG hood :) have been contemplating on getting a different hood but will probably end up just running more, this one is great but has very limited light spread over the tent. most is directed straight down due to the design ;) they do say though you get 1000w results with a 600w setup running in there, wonder what i could do with 315 :)
The feeder rings ive never used them personally even though i have a few here, i was going to say yours would probably flow a lot better, the feeder rings could do with a lot more or bigger holes :thumb:

Spaghetti would be a dream right now. I'm counting down the minutes till i get
into the mrs stash of lollies again.

Theres a screw in adapter for the reflector but the cmh globe wont run off
the hps ballast. Even a digital one. You need the cmh specific ballast.

My mate keeps suggesting to make my setup hydro but i like the hand watering.

EDIT- looks like a little someone had a stash of cherry ripe bites hidden away.
I'm going to be in the shit tomorrow.

Score.

:rofl: :rofl: man some cherry ripes would go down nice right now :rofl: yeah was planning on getting rid of the 600 completely and getting the 315 setup but running it in my reflector :thumb: quite happy with my current setup but if i can achieve the same or similar results with less power means i can run more of them in a bigger area :) i like hydro simply because its so easy to manage and everything grows so damn quick, its a lot noisier than running soil or coco thats for sure hehe

Subbed! Really loving the grow and your net idea. Wasn't originally planning to scrog but more I look into it the more I lean on doing it, especially due to the limited space I'm in.

Subbed! Really loving the grow and your net idea. Wasn't originally planning to scrog but more I look into it the more I lean on doing it, especially due to the limited space I'm in.

Do it. This was my last grow
IMG_289313.JPG

^ this was in very limited space,with lazy training and not much defol. Pulled 216gms out of it.
The cupboard was 500mm deep and 700mm across and about 600mm high.

I'm dialing in everything i can for an even better yield. Taller and slightly bigger
grow space,more stringent training and defol,new reflector,new fabric pots-( dont know whether they'll pay off)
and giving them more time to do their thang. Aiming for a much more even canopy this time too.

Hoping to get over 315gms at least so i'm getting a gm/watt. shouldnt be a drama if
i play my cards right.

With scrog you can control the type and size of buds to a certain extent instead of having
a tall plant with some big heads and a bunch of shit underneath it. Keeping it all level,
gives you more bigger buds and lets light at all the parts of the plant giving everything a chance.

I like trying to get the most out of the least if that makes sense. Small space,low consumption light,
lots of big buds.

Thanks for subbing in guys, should be a fun ride :thumb:

Just gave the girls a feed before the light goes off,grabbed a snap so we know where were at.

Veg Day 30
IMG_326314.JPG

Should fill the net in a week.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom