Grnwzrds 2nd Closet Northern Lights Grow, 315W CMH In Coco

:rofl: never gonna beens :rofl: bloody great way to put it lol, sounds like you are on the right track getting rid of those :thumb: i kinda think of it as "thinning" which is a term used when growing fruit trees to give the fruits space to grow to their full potential ;)
The good thing about running a veg tent is you dont really need the same intensity from your lighting, t8 fluros would probably be spot on, you dont want to go full on with mothers as they will quickly get out of hand, i even struggle and always throwing stuff away under 300w of MH :rofl: Cant wait to get my 315w setups, just a matter of finding a good deal and should have some of them babies in my possession :) I decided im gonna go with the Hi-Par Sunstorm Pro horizontal Kits as should get better light spread in the 5x5 tent compared to vertical, they come with phillips 930 bulbs which have a bit more red spectrum for flowering :thumb:

I would be very keen to see what you could pull with two of these lights.
I really need to get my own veg area going. My supplier of cuttings has
bad timing and not great success rates. Wont take advice either.

Would be nice to be self sufficient. I need to talk to my other party and
see if i can hook the fluro's up. They where on a fish tank years ago.
Unfortunately i live with a power nazi,hence the 315 watter. haha

I put it over the tank with some NEC grow bulbs and the tank had
algae all through it after a couple of days so it works.lol

Found a shop that sells old lollies. gonna have to go back there.
Should be a cruzy night.
IMG_329512.JPG

got the go ahead to plug the second light in too. should be fun ;)

I know where i'm going tomorrow.

They smell amazing. thanks for the heads up. I was on haribos for a while which are nice
but these things are tops. My old man used to eat chocolate licorice bullets. They tasted
like shit but i want to try get some. For old time sake.

He used to eat these little red pellet things too,similar to the black cats in flavour and
texture but a bit harder. Used to eat them when he drove the truck. If anyone has any
idea what they might be let me know. I want them too.

Now i'm thinking about the milk bottle lollies. When will it end.

Got the light in the top of my grow box for a veg area. i know the area is small
but i'll just train the plant/s to be flat. Got the light mounted just need to get a new holesaw
bit so i can get some air going in and out of it. I'm hoping the bulbs in there are the right
ones still, if someone can chime in and let me know that would be great.

IMG_331514.JPG

IMG_331611.JPG

The other girls are doing well,theyve bounced back nicely. Going to be flipping them tomorrow.

Happy new year to everyone,stay safe.

Well it's 2017 guys, hope everyone had a good night, some of us will be nursing
a hangover this morning. Woke up feeling like shit,wasnt even drinking. Too many
softdrinks and rubbish food.

Anyway,the timers been knocked back to 12/12 and i'll be setting up the veg area
today. Should have some pics this afternoon.

Yeh it's funny how fatty food and stuff with preservatives can really make you feel crook.

Had a bit of a time today. I was trying to cut holes with the holesaw and the fan cable
came off the top of the cabinet and into the hole saw. Ripped the cable up pretty good,
shot sparks and cut out.

Managed to get the holes done,cut the wires and put a new plug on the fan. The wires a bit short
now,but anyway. Luckily i use fused power boxes to run everything and it flicked off straight away.
The only casualty was the fan speed controller. So the fans on full blast until i can get a
new speed controller.

Anyway,after all the conundrums i got her set back up again. Really hoping at least one of the cuttings takes off.
Never put them straight into coco before and dont know what to expect.

Onto some pretty pictures

Top setup-
IMG_331813.JPG

Stems on the girls-

IMG_332011.JPG

IMG_332115.JPG

And how the canopy is looking. Needs another trim. -

IMG_332214.JPG

And the whole setup running

IMG_332313.JPG

And some root action-

IMG_332514.JPG

The new area will probably need some tweaking,might try and make a small
greenhouse for the cuttings.

Just a reminder to everybody to stay safe. I think that junction box just payed for itself.
Well worth the money.

Cheers.

We've had a few hot days here, and the top section of my box has been getting pretty
warm. I cut another hole in the top and i'm playing with the fan speed and a few other things
to try keep it a bit cooler.

The main section is sitting at about 30 degrees the top section is near 40.
got a few snaps while i was playing around.

IMG_332614.JPG

IMG_332711.JPG

IMG_332815.JPG

IMG_332915.JPG

IMG_333012.JPG

Im doing some defol every day,of just leaves blocking light. Looking forward to
seeing how these girls go. Theyre stretching a lot. Might source a little greenhouse
for the top,its always dry in there even after spraying a bit of water in there and around
the vents.

Any advice is welcomed.

Cheers.

Thanks ditch, this breed has always had them stems, might try and source a new breed
for the next grow,nothing wrong with this one but i'd like to try something different.

I'm very ecited to see how they go. Ive run out of space to lift the light up so
i might have to drop the pots and the screen down to the bottom of the cupboard
to give me some flexability with light height.

Also dont know if i'll be using these fabric pots again,seemed like a bit of a waste
but time will tell.

Also before i forget, if anyones interested ive been looking into aquaponics. Very interesting
stuff. They have fish in one tank and pump the water through a garden. The fish waste fertilises
the plants and all you have to do is feed the fish and keep them happy.

Some of the places where turning over 2000 heads of lettuce a week at $3 a lettuce.
Not bad for growing lettuce. Was a decent size setup though.
Anyway,thought it was worth a mention.

Thanks for looking.

Very cool indeed. I'm going to have a go out the back garden and see what happens.
The fish need a ph around 7. i think so it would be a bit of a juggling game. I'm sure
it could work, but for an indoor grow could be a bit complicated and messy. Very doable
though and the growth rate is phenominal,and also could be done organically.

I'd be very keen to see what sort of yield you could get out of it,only feeding the fish
organic food.

I would also imagine if it was setup cleverly,the cleaning of everything would be minimal.
It would almost clean itself to a certain extent.

It's ideas like this that keep me up at night. :)

What do i have to do to twist your arm into getting them? haha.
i'd love to see what could be pulled from under two of these lights.
I know i bang on and on about them,and theyre expensive,but they
really do pay for themselves. ( i know ive said that a lot)

Anyway, just to give an idea of efficiency, we are power nazis at home
(well the person i live with is) and the bills are around the 100 dollar mark. Each bill.
That isnt a typo,and thats including what we use to live. You will
see what i pull out of my box in a couple of months and it wont be anything
to sneeze at, in comparison to the power usage that is.

In my eyes they are well worth the money in power costs and bulb life and yield.

Honestly feral, when you get some money give em a crack. You wont be disappointed.
If you hook up two of them and are underwhelmed,i will give you my crop. That's
how confident i am in the lights.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom