Grnwzrds 2nd Closet Northern Lights Grow, 315W CMH In Coco

No need to twist my arm mate :) i have the money here im just trying to find a good deal, i dont like paying full price for anything :rofl: should have them within a week or so :thumb: think ive found a good deal for 2x full kits at $1260 but waiting to her from them on how much postage, if not ill drive up there and pick them up, only a few hours away ;)

About the only thing i have read about them is the bud yield wont be as big as a hps but it makes up for it in resin production, not sure how old that info is though, running 2 of them should solve the yield problem and get a better spread of light across the 5x5 compared to what im running now, will also be going for the more flower spectrum dominant phillips bulb, the 930 i think it is :) absolutely love my OG hood but its not the best for the size tent im running, most of its light is directed straight down and doesnt spread to the corners, would be more suited to a 4x4 at max :thumb:

Did another comparison shot because i was bored.

1st december to 1st jan. veg. 4 weeks exactly.

new_comparo.png

Next time i'm hoping to have some more room and leave them in veg longer.
Not bad for four weeks growth though.

Cheers.

Dropped the pots to the bottom of the cupboard. Got a few snaps, this is the end of week 1 flower.

IMG_335713.JPG

IMG_335810.JPG

IMG_335913.JPG

In this photo below i'm pointing to where i topped them just over a week ago.
Now there's 3 branches coming out. She's stretched quite a bit.

IMG_336013.JPG

Cheers.

Thanks guys. Not much happening at the moment with the girls, theyre
just doing their thing. :)

Got a couple of pics this afternoon. Day 12 flower.
Theyre packed in pretty tight, hard to get a photo of
inside the canopy. anyway....

IMG_337415.JPG

IMG_337512.JPG

And these next pics have nothing to do with my plants but i'm very chuffed with myself about it
and want to put it in here,so this is the little aquaponic setup ive been building over
the last few days. Made the bell syphon and the "swirl filter" too. Not bad
for a couple of days work. Runs off solar.

IMG_336215.JPG

IMG_337616.JPG

It's a bit rough and is only for testing but if things work out i'll be upscaling and starting
to farm some food. Thats the idea anyway. I go on tangents from time to time,
whether this is one of them i dont know. The tangents become more expensive and more elaborate the older i get.

I'm trying to find some aggregate for the grow bed and them clay balls are bloody expensive.
I'm going to a soil place and getting 20 bucks of blue metal. The small shit. Should be bang on.

Thanks for looking

Looks good mate, will be interesting to see how it goes, try keep that res as cool as possible :thumb: I have been meaning to grow some veggies for quite some time now, just no space, thats my excuse and im sticking to it :rofl: The clay balls are a bit expensive but a bit of an investment at the same time, i am still using the same clay balls i was using a year and a half ago, very easy to wash and reuse, they hold nothing just need to be washed of salts and root matter, i also have been sterilizing them lately ;)

Thanks mate. Ive had bad luck with veggies in the past and pests. Especially with tomatoes.
Gave up eventually and just let the bugs eat them. One day you forget to spray the fruit
to keep the bugs off, theyre gone.

Tried everything, from tomato dust, to making my
own pepper spray soap from ghost peppers. That shit was deadly if you got a whiff of it.
Anyway the bugs always got the plants.

I'm hoping being in the air should help a bit this time instead of the plants being in the ground.

I'm very optimistic about this thing and very excited. After talking to the aquarium place they
recommended perch or yabbies. That will be a few weeks away but good to know. You can
eat them too.

Before i get to that stage i need to cycle everything and see what it does and work out
how i'm going to seal these drums. I'm thinking pond liner in the bottom and fiberglassing the top.
Dunno.

I have heard basil is a great natural pest repeller :thumb: might be a good herb to have amongst them :) We have a few fruit trees here but useless without netting thanks to the massive colony of bats that must live around here somewhere, had to cut out our plum tree, was in our backyard and was as big as a gum, not nice coming out to find acid paint eating shit all over your car every morning :rofl: thing is if im buying netting im growing my plants under it so have to wait for legalization first :rofl:

Looks awesome Grnwzrd, those plants are packed in tighter than it should :rofl: I can't wait to see them start budding I can only imagine all those branches forming buds....got me speechless man. My parents have a few strawberries and tomatoes they grow outside, just harvested a bunch of tomatoes they had to give away because there was too much of it. Hoping your next run will be as successfull as your cannabis. Have a good one

Thanks again for the kind words guys. The mrs is on board with the aquaponics idea
and a mate of mine has a property that i might be able to use a bit of with some convincing.

Going to jump in head first and give it a go on a bigger scale.

To keep costs down i'm hopefully going to build a hoop greenhouse out of pvc and
have various plants growing in different systems. Vertical strawberrys,a line of lettuce
and permanent tomato plants. Should be fun. Very excited to try this new dream,
seems to be good energy coming from it :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom