Group Flip - May 10 2017 - Different Grows - All Welcome!

The electro-cultivation is very interesting indeed snarly!
Yes it is. Last fall came across a few threads regarding this, and can't find them again. But they did report varying success. And I can say that those fan leaves are huge compared to the other girls. And they were about the same as the others before I introduced that tiny trickle of electricity. I really hope she's a girl, so I can continue this into flower.

Picked up some 2 gallon smart pots today. Will up pot sometime this afternoon, and if I can remember (not like with the clones) I will have pictures later.:thumb:
2 gallon smart pots huh? Will that be their final home? I had Gloria in a 2 gallon plastic pot and she slowed down to a halt (root bound) but maybe if it was a smart pot things would have gone differently, excited for you guys and the flip! It's gonna be weird coming right here instead of everyone's individual journals.

2 gallon smart pots huh? Will that be their final home? I had Gloria in a 2 gallon plastic pot and she slowed down to a halt (root bound) but maybe if it was a smart pot things would have gone differently, excited for you guys and the flip! It's gonna be weird coming right here instead of everyone's individual journals.
Yup, that is their final digs. The 3 clones in the flower tent are in 3 gal pots and it's getting crowded in there. So with 5 pots going to flower, figured I would see if I can get away with the 2's. And with the short veg of 45-50 days I'm hoping that will suffice. If I have to cull some males, I may go to 3 gallon, if not, they are home sweet home. :thumb:

Now I remember why I hate up potting lol. Messy messy messy! I had to roll the 1 gallon smart pots off the root system, like you might roll down a pair of high socks. I had purchased a new bag of Pro-Mix HP, but had just enough left over from the last bale to finish the up potting.
After up potting to 2 gal pots, I watered with the veg nutes (store brand). I'm sure I shocked the crap out of the little ladys, will check on them just before flower tent goes lights out, and if all is well, will let them get their last day of 18/6 finished. Raised the light about 6", light is average of about 14"-16" from canopy, with one girl on the outside edge of footprint stretching to 11" from light.
Also purchased some Terpinator, which I will use with both tents on next feeding cycles.

IMG_239924.JPG

IMG_240123.JPG

IMG_240027.JPG

IMG_240224.JPG

IMG_240328.JPG

IMG_240425.JPG

Can't wait to try that terpinator, did your plant hydro guy say you needed to feed that from beginning too end of flowing? I'm just wondering if i should wait till my next grow or if it would have a positive effect even if used half way through flowing. Hmmm so many questions lol

I asked the same question. They pointed out that the directions say to use it whole grow, with different dosages for different growth stages. However, they also said that it is most effective during final 6 weeks of flower, right up to flush. They also suggested that I start adding 1/2 dose first week after flip. I asked if next grow I should use it throughout, they said it's up to me, won't hurt, but they wait for flower. So unless I hear different, that is what I will do. ;)

I asked the same question. They pointed out that the directions say to use it whole grow, with different dosages for different growth stages. However, they also said that it is most effective during final 6 weeks of flower, right up to flush. They also suggested that I start adding 1/2 dose first week after flip. I asked if next grow I should use it throughout, they said it's up to me, won't hurt, but they wait for flower. So unless I hear different, that is what I will do. ;)
Very nice snarly, ive probably passed that bottle in my hydro shop a million times and never knew what it was for. Happy flipping!

Very nice snarly, ive probably passed that bottle in my hydro shop a million times and never knew what it was for. Happy flipping!

I mentioned my interest in terpines, and out of 3 aisles of nutes, they took me straight to Terpinator. I've read a few reviews, most good, and the ones that say they didn't see a difference probably don't understand terpines. It won't make monster buds, it raises the quality of the existing buds.

I mentioned my interest in terpines, and out of 3 aisles of nutes, they took me straight to Terpinator. I've read a few reviews, most good, and the ones that say they didn't see a difference probably don't understand terpines. It won't make monster buds, it makes quality buds.
I don't need the biggest buds, ill just be proud to grow good quality buds with a great taste and smell, something my family could smoke or eat and know i put my heart into!

I don't need the biggest buds, ill just be proud to grow good quality buds with a great taste and smell, something my family could smoke or eat and know i put my heart into!

I edited my post to say that "it raises the quality of existing buds".
I'm with you though. I grow for my own consumption. And if I can get an increase in terpines, I'm in heaven ;)

Thanks for posting that, Phils. I've read that and many articles and discussions regarding terpines, and more people need to be aware of what they are and what they do. There are terpines that attack and kill cancer cells. There are terpines that reduce inflammation. There are terpines that are broncho-dilaters, and the list goes on. I have emphysema, and only about 45% of my lungs are left. I usually vape, but will do a bowl every so often, and a joint if it's handy, but pay for it after. If I have a strain with the proper terpines, I get as much relief as I do with my maintenance puffer. It doesn't replace my rescue inhaler, but I don't need the rescue if I'm consuming with the right terpine profile.

Yeah, Leo~ it's going to be so hard to not go check on them constantly! I'm not opening the basement door... I'm not opening the basement door... I'm not opening the basement door!

Yeah, Leo~ it's going to be so hard to not go check on them constantly! I'm not opening the basement door... I'm not opening the basement door... I'm not opening the basement door!

Hey vesp! Don't open the basement door! :)

Back
Top Bottom