Grow #2: Adventures Into Better Genetics, A Nirvana Love Story

Seeds started indoors don’t need to be hardened off.
Thank you. I have read up on cloning and some reason was thinking it applied there as well but it totally makes sense since seeds grow naturally. Sometimes I get ahead of myself.

1/20/2019

Hey All :ganjamon:

The White Widow auto (below) has a few nodes and is growing well. I have not been giving it any nutes at this point, just plain, ph'd water at 6.0.
IMG_20190120_102644989_HDR.jpgIMG_20190120_102658208_HDR.jpg

The Maui Wowie seedling (below) is doing well and working on its third set of true leaves. It is still in a solo cup, although there is a root emerging from the bottom already.
IMG_20190120_102000469.jpgIMG_20190120_101952371.jpg

Chem Dawg is proving a hard one to germinate and keep alive. The first one rooted to a seedling in rockwool in the clone dome but bent over and died once under the MH (too hot in the small tent). The second seed rooted in paper towel, transplanted to rockwool and it nothing else has happened...no seedling popping up...nothing. Messed with the seed today and it hadn't even grown a hair since being placed in the rockwool. I have one CD seed left. I would love for one to catch on and grow! I'm not sure if I will attempt to grow this last seed since I do have a few clones (1x Power Kush and 2x Fruity Chronic Juice) going that surprisingly rooted and are taking up some space in the veg area. I guess I will add them to this grow journal now.

Power Kush #2 - cloned on 12/7/2018 from #1 who is in week 8 of flower in a 3 gal. pot with FFHF soil:
IMG_20190120_102257417_HDR.jpg

Fruity Chronic Juice #2 and #3 - cloned on 12/20/2018 from plant in week 8 of flower as well, both in 3 gal. pots with FFHF soil:
IMG_20190120_102901000.jpgIMG_20190120_102044985_HDR.jpg

Veg, baby, veg.
:peace:

This is a snapshot of a spreadsheet I use to keep track of where my plants are. I found it on this site then injected it with some steroids. If you'd like a copy we can make it work.
Capture.JPG

1/28/2019

Hey all! It's going great in the tents: The flower tent is finishing up in the next 7 to 10 days on my first grow (see link in my signature) and the veg tent is rocking along.

WWA #1 is growing quite fast, so I did some LST on her and she responded nicely. There are already pistils showing in some areas. I have given it one nutrient watering in with the normal one I do, usually every few days. I'm kinda impressed by the size of this fan leaf. It hovers over a good portion of the plant. What techniques have you used to grow autos, if any?
IMG_20190128_192551678.jpgIMG_20190128_192623716.jpg

The Maui Wowie is 22 days old now with roots coming out of the solo cup. Time to transplant in next day or two once have some more soil. I had wanted to get it in the final 7-gal. fabric pot but due to snowy circumstances, that is delayed. There she be.
IMG_20190128_192706999.jpg

FCJ #2 and #3. The 3 gal. fabric pots which these are in were getting dry pretty quick until they got some foliage. I plan to keep these small and put them into flower along with PK #2. I'm really having fun bending them all around. Maybe I will up pot them to 7's, too, and totally max out my 2x3 floor space while training and pruning.
IMG_20190128_192641940.jpg

Power Kush #2 was defoliated 3 days ago and you can barely tell. It is growing rapidly and responding very well to the pruning and training. All plants I am working with on this grow have had their main stalk bent horizontal to the soil and branches trained outward when possible.
IMG_20190128_192633512_HDR.jpg
This and the FCJs are going to go to the flower tent once grow #1 comes out in about 7-10 days. I AM STOKED FOR THAT GROW because PK#1 (below) is a FRIGGIN' BEAST!
IMG_20190128_184340747_HDR.jpg

Thanks for hanging out with me in the grow. :ganjamon:

:peace:

2/4/2019

I have been doing LST on all the plants and the WW auto is totally out of control. It is growing like an inch a day, friggin' crazy, even after bending the tops and tying her down. I am literally out of room in my shitty (my fault, I should have gotten a 3'x3' single chamber, not a 2'x3' dual chamber). My flower tent is 4x4. This weekend is harvest so into the flower tent most of these will go, sans the WW auto and the MW. Those will stay in the veg tent. I took my veg time from 24/7 down to 18/6, and I think the plants actually are growing at a better rate and seem stronger. Call me crazy but I think its better for them than a constant beating from the 400w MH. Plus it will help ease my electric bill slightly. I have noticed an increase running the 4" exhaust fan 18 hours on/ 6 hours off a day, with a 12" oscillating fan on lowest speed (24/7), a 1500w LED (12/12), 400w MH conversion (its an HPS ballast), and a 8" stationary fan on low speed running same time (both 18/6).

I just need the room in the flower tent. I guess that's a good problem to have at this point.

Pics to come. And dont forget to follow along on my first grow, its almost harvest time!

:ganjamon:

3/3/2019

I'm back and my first grow (NOT this one) is becoming somewhat of a success. I have harvested 3 of 4 of my plants, 2 of which yielded 5 oz's dry and the other is currently drying with the last one to be harvested today (pic, left rear) then again next weekend.

THIS grow is going great! Removing some of the harvested plants fro the first grow allowed some much needed room for the veg plants to move over to flower. My veg tent is way to friggin' small. The WW auto (pic, far right)I had to move into the flower tent just due to its sheer size, which, even with some aggressive LST was still a little crazy to handle. It is currently in week 8, about 2/3 through its growth cycle. I don't think bumping it down to 12/12 from 18/6 has done anything to slow its growth. Its an auto, who cares....that's my take anyways. The buds are becoming nice and dense.

The two FCJ clones (pic, middle, one in front of the other) in the 3 gallon pots are about 2 feet tall (?) and flowering nicely. They are just over 3 weeks into flower.

The Power Kush I cloned from the plant I just harvested (pic, front left) is a friggin' beast and is taking up a lot of the 4x4 flowering area and is also just over week 3 into flowering. I tell ya what, this is a fun hobby.

The Maui Wowie, not pictured, is a little slanky and skinny due to being overshadowed by the WW auto in the small veg tent. Is it coming back now after being placed under the 400w by itself. I did some LST to it, hoping to encourage some new shoots. I regret not topping it and trying a manifold.

How's your Chem doing?
The Chem didnt make it past seedling. So out of the original seeds I started there are 2 of 5 from seed. Others are clones from my prior grow that I cut and rooted (first time). I'm planning on doing two more WW Auto and starting my last Chem seed. I also have a male or female nuke daddy seed. Im thinking of dropping that one, too.

4/14/2019

Hey all :ganjamon:

The Maui Wowie ended up being a male so had to chop it down. I just harvested the Power Kush #2 today, nice colas. Got a few nice hangars full of trimmed buds. So out of this original grow's intentions all I got was the WW Auto, which, after dried was just under 3 ounces. I was pretty impressed. I ordered more seeds from that company (think "Smells Like Teen Spirit"). And I did take some cuttings from the first grow, one of which was that PK #2. The FCJ #2 and #3 (3 gallon pots) will be ready in anther week or so.

Back
Top Bottom