Grow Number 2 Malawi Gold

Have you thought about keeping your lights on during the coldest time?
So that’s how I kind of had it set. If I switch the light timing will it mess with the plant?

How about a heat mat under the pot set to 18 c.
That's all you need to keep above 60f.

#VIVOHUT #Love What You Grow
Bill284
Will the weight of the bucket hurt the mat? What about the water? Will it heat up my reservoir to much?

So that’s how I kind of had it set. If I switch the light timing will it mess with the plant?
If you're in veg just leave the lights on longer, no problem. Just don't extend the dark period. If in flower, the opposite.

Will the weight of the bucket hurt the mat? What about the water? Will it heat up my reservoir to much?
It won't hurt anything.
If you only use it during lights out to keep tank from getting cold you will be fine.
Use the stat.
What's tank temp when lights firs com on?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

I recently relocated my grow from a bedroom to a garage.
I had to increase and hold temps in the garage about 7 to 10 degrees higher to keep my tent in optimal ranges for temp and humidity.
I bought an Oil filled radiator it has 3 power settings and a knob to adjust temp as well.
It works so well that the garage is actually warmer than the part of the house you walk out from to get into the garage.
It may help to heat your home as well and stop your home heater from kicking on so much as well.
Just be sure to have enough room and power on your breaker for it.
Safety First especially when adding more heat to a grow.

It won't hurt anything.
If you only use it during lights out to keep tank from getting cold you will be fine.
Use the stat.
What's tank temp when lights firs com on?

So I’m more worried about the air temp. My bucket I have it set in a 5 gallon fabric pot that came with my grow tent. The initial use was just to give it another layer of light protection and made it very easy to slide the bucket around in the tent without messing up the shiny stuff on the bottom. It’s also acting as insulation. (How well I don’t know) but this morning before the lights came on I did a check on this and my water was at 67 degrees F. Seems to stay in that area all day and night. But my air temperature last two nights was average 62f. That’s to close to the danger zone for me.

I recently relocated my grow from a bedroom to a garage.
I had to increase and hold temps in the garage about 7 to 10 degrees higher to keep my tent in optimal ranges for temp and humidity.
I bought an Oil filled radiator it has 3 power settings and a knob to adjust temp as well.
It works so well that the garage is actually warmer than the part of the house you walk out from to get into the garage.
It may help to heat your home as well and stop your home heater from kicking on so much as well.
Just be sure to have enough room and power on your breaker for it.
Safety First especially when adding more heat to a grow.
So would it be better to heat the room my tent is in? Or find a space heater that has a built in thermostat that turns off when desired temp is reached and put it in the tent?

So I’m more worried about the air temp. My bucket I have it set in a 5 gallon fabric pot that came with my grow tent. The initial use was just to give it another layer of light protection and made it very easy to slide the bucket around in the tent without messing up the shiny stuff on the bottom. It’s also acting as insulation. (How well I don’t know) but this morning before the lights came on I did a check on this and my water was at 67 degrees F. Seems to stay in that area all day and night. But my air temperature last two nights was average 62f. That’s to close to the danger zone for me.
I understand.
So you need to heat the tent.
Oil rads. :thumb:

So would it be better to heat the room my tent is in? Or find a space heater that has a built in thermostat that turns off when desired temp is reached and put it in the tent?
IMO when I was looking through my options I quickly went away from ceramic convectional heaters that heat an element and use a fan to blow warm air into the space.
That seemed VERY dangerous to me and added alot of variables that I didnt feel safe with to start.
Let alone I felt those heaters gave a more concentrated area of heat and id have to direct it toward my tent which I didnt like either.

Which is why I went with the Radiator to just radiate heat for the entire room. It has anti tip feature so if it God forbid it did fall it would shut off and prevent fire.

I find that when I keep the room it's in within an optimal range it allows the equipment to maintain the more specific range you're looking for in your tent.

Hopefully that helps or answered your question?

IMO when I was looking through my options I quickly went away from ceramic convectional heaters that heat an element and use a fan to blow warm air into the space.
That seemed VERY dangerous to me and added alot of variables that I didnt feel safe with to start.
Let alone I felt those heaters gave a more concentrated area of heat and id have to direct it toward my tent which I didnt like either.

Which is why I went with the Radiator to just radiate heat for the entire room. It has anti tip feature so if it God forbid it did fall it would shut off and prevent fire.

I find that when I keep the room it's in within an optimal range it allows the equipment to maintain the more specific range you're looking for in your tent.

Hopefully that helps or answered your question?
Yes that was part of my fears. As well as it being so tight already on the floor of my 2x2. So I should be looking to better heat the room it’s in vs getting a small on in the tent somewhere.

Yes that was part of my fears. As well as it being so tight already on the floor of my 2x2. So I should be looking to better heat the room it’s in vs getting a small on in the tent somewhere.
ABSOLUTELY THAT IS THE THINKING!
I would NEVER put a heater in my grow tent!
If I had to do that then I would wait until next season to grow truthfully.
Not to mention another variable for the controller to try and balance directly in the tent.

Get your grow room up in temp and humidity first that will make your tent and grow equipment only have to work a little to maintain the smaller more specific zone.

ABSOLUTELY THAT IS THE THINKING!
I would NEVER put a heater in my grow tent!
If I had to do that then I would wait until next season to grow truthfully.
Not to mention another variable for the controller to try and balance directly in the tent.

Get your grow room up in temp and humidity first that will make your tent and grow equipment only have to work a little to maintain the smaller more specific zone.
So something like this? Or any other recommendations? The room it’s in is your typical master bedroom size.
0C578729-CD03-4817-9B5B-A5B2D61B017C.png

So something like this? Or any other recommendations? The room it’s in is your typical master bedroom size.
0C578729-CD03-4817-9B5B-A5B2D61B017C.png
B05D03FB-418D-4ECE-954F-853D51F81AD1.png

This is what I purchased from Wally World

16AFDF0C-49D6-4EEA-8333-60F8DD33FA3C.jpeg

It sits about a foot or so away from my tent and I put the wheels in the groove of the cement to prevent it from rolling or moving on its own
I also have smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher in the garage as well for extra safety!

E922CC5A-FAA7-4B01-85E4-AA163054C99E.jpeg

Edit* Cable management addressed in this picture much better sorry

It sits about a foot or so away from my tent and I put the wheels in the groove of the cement to prevent it from rolling or moving on its own
I also have smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher in the garage as well for extra safety!
Better safe then sorry. I will look around for what best fits me. At least I now have a better idea of what to do. Thank you.

E922CC5A-FAA7-4B01-85E4-AA163054C99E.jpeg

Edit* Cable management addressed in this picture much better sorry
Also I noticed the one you got doesn’t have a thermostat… I may be wrong. If so are you just keeping on all the time? On a timer?

Also I noticed the one you got doesn’t have a thermostat… I may be wrong. If so are you just keeping on all the time? On a timer?
It has the knob thermostat but in order to keep the garage in the desired temps It will run constantly yes. Once it reaches temp in the garage, I turned down the power and it maintains what I need.

I also do lights off between 9am and 3pm so during warmer parts of the day it doesn't have to go on as much.
It will turn itself off at the temp and the one you found may do a better job at giving you more control.

Alot of reviews said the thermostat wasn't really accurate plus I was only trying to increase the garage temps by a few degrees. the real numbers I want to be more accurate about are in the tent.
Once I warmed my grow room the tent aligned itself.

An oil filled radiator is what you want which one is up to you.

Back
Top Bottom