Growing legal changes everything

So glad I found this kind aged conversation! When I first started, well, I had some ‘banana mishaps’ in the room and produced less bud than seed. For awhile I contemplated driving around my state every spring flinging seeds out my window until I had single-handedly taken the state by gorilla grow. Then I worried my pollen would be getting everywhere, screwing you folks up. I’m glad I never did that, but God help my state that I never figured out how to make feminized seeds. Too damn expensive to throw out the window:oops: when you are buying them one at a time.

There's a pile of wood chips outside the police station I got my eye on for comedy value
True story, back in the Mid-70's I was a student at Humbodlt State, got a parking ticket and went down to the Arcata Police Dept. to pay my $4 fine. As I'm walking in, I notice a 2 foot high marijuana plant in the planter box right next to the front door. They finally pulled the plant after it got about 3 feet high, but failed to notice that it was nestled in between dozens of Opium poppy plants!!

True story, back in the Mid-70's I was a student at Humbodlt State, got a parking ticket and went down to the Arcata Police Dept. to pay my $4 fine. As I'm walking in, I notice a 2 foot high marijuana plant in the planter box right next to the front door. They finally pulled the plant after it got about 3 feet high, but failed to notice that it was nestled in between dozens of Opium poppy plants!!
OK. I got a true story for ya.

Same time period, early 70's maybe. Me and a buddy living in a walk up over a pizza parlor in the Mission District of San Francisco. We decided to 'do an indoor'. LoL.
Oh gawd I was dumb.

We stole a street light ... yea, a street light. Wired it up and got it to burn and planted a seed from some mexican bag weed we had. It grew into a beautiful plant and we started to flower it.
And it stunk.
I mean IT STUNK.

So, we got an in line fan and some ducting and send the fumes down a toilet that we'd taken up. The fumes were going in the sewer. Good idea, right?
Right.

Within a week we had the ENTIRE MISSION DISTRICT of San Francisco smelling like a skunks ass. IT STUNK. The smell was coming up from street drains, manhole covers and toilets for six square blocks.

Cops were going door to door. Our landlord was having kittens ... we got rid of that set up REAL fast. Early harvest.
Herb Caen was a famous writer for the San Francisco Chronicle actually wrote about us.
And ... yea, we were never caught.

HOW in the hell did I ever survive my youth?

OK. I got a true story for ya.

Same time period, early 70's maybe. Me and a buddy living in a walk up over a pizza parlor in the Mission District of San Francisco. We decided to 'do an indoor'. LoL.
Oh gawd I was dumb.

We stole a street light ... yea, a street light. Wired it up and got it to burn and planted a seed from some mexican bag weed we had. It grew into a beautiful plant and we started to flower it.
And it stunk.
I mean IT STUNK.

So, we got an in line fan and some ducting and send the fumes down a toilet that we'd taken up. The fumes were going in the sewer. Good idea, right?
Right.

Within a week we had the ENTIRE MISSION DISTRICT of San Francisco smelling like a skunks ass. IT STUNK. The smell was coming up from street drains, manhole covers and toilets for six square blocks.

Cops were going door to door. Our landlord was having kittens ... we got rid of that set up REAL fast. Early harvest.
Herb Caen was a famous writer for the San Francisco Chronicle actually wrote about us.
And ... yea, we were never caught.

HOW in the hell did I ever survive my youth?
I believe it, those 70’s era plants could stink like a skunks butt!

I'm the only one here that freely tokes on the street..
Getting lots of smiles along with the grumpa faces...
Those that get pissed off... Good I hope I ruined their day. But it makes mine.

The police just wave back when I wave and smile.

I remember my mom telling me stories about a few guys who grew a plant or 2 back in her University days. She said the entire hall would stink to high heaven (her words) and so would the 2 floors above and below them. She said in the warmer months you could see just this giant plant stretching out their windows when walking by the building with accompanying smoke billowing out too

Long ago (early 1980's), I worked for a private college, in grounds/maintenance, One day during the summer I got a work order to check out a leak in a dormitory roof, there were still students on campus. So I get to the roof hatch and the lock has been jimmied, I go up on the roof of this three story dorm and there was freaking plantation growing on the roof, complete with timers and water system, which of course was the source of the leak. Needlesss to say the plantation wasn't there long!

I feel yer pain. First Grow: bedroom closet, bucket, air bubbler, and an eBay HPS that sounded like a freight train when it started. Now that I think about it it probably was a stolen ballast from a street light. Anyway, went into flower and stunk up the house, kids came home and tore apart the house until they could ‘figure out what was going on’. Smelled the house to high-heaven. Glad the kids never go in the attic…I’ve been venting up there now for a decade lol

Love the sentiment of public growing free for all. I’m attracted to idea of planting seeds all over for strangers to take and make use of.
I recenlty purchased a crop of 400+ plants outdoors that had seeded.
Beautiful flowers. Dark purple and sticky as hell ... but, seeded.

I bought it cheap, had it harvested and hashed.
But, we ended up with seeds. I mean, seeds.
I gave away a LOT but I have a five gallon pail almost full. LoL.

I am seriously considering taking my boat down the Sacramento river this spring and sowing some seeds along the shore.
The homeless drack would sure love it.

Most grow info will not be needed once Pot is legal..

I plan on starting hundreds of feminised seedlings (using colloidal silver) in peat moss pucks..
3 or 4 seeds per puck.

I'll plant them out early and visit them now and again to give them some water...

Then in the fall when the females are ready. Like really ready! I'll spray them with CS and they will produce lots of female seeds for next year and those critters that love those seeds and greens.

Soon the ditches will be overgrown with high quality pot.

All pot haters will really to be uncomfortable with that...t ibkt ==
The problem with this is you may contaminate others who grow outside. Pollen can move to others plots and pollenate there plants. I know you said feminize seeds but inadvertently there will be some males in your crop.
I don't think that is a good idea!

Back
Top Bottom