Had one plant I put in a month before the rest: 250g wet Zkittlez auto

Grower2020

Bit of zkittlez auto for the brother to put in his pipe ;)

20210606_111509.jpg

20210614_170057.jpg

Did you spill some glitter? Kidding it’s simply gorgeous.

yep I’d hit that
I purchased some trace elements yesterday and fed my not so gorgeous plants . Also got a soil ph test kit with the dye and powder just to ease my mind that I wasn't having acidity problems at the roots. N sure enough I had a ph neutral soil which should be acceptable and not cause any deficiencies . So I put it down to the fact that most fertilizers are a bit weak on the trace elements and gave them a dose of total trace elements straight to the roots and also a quick spray of magnesium sulphate to the foliage at a third dose of soil application rates . They usually droop for a day after watering but I just opened my eyes from sleep about 7hrs long and popped my head into the tent and even though they are wet from tracers they are standing back up more and also darkening in colour already. Quite unbelievable really. The potting mix must only have about 25-30 days of trace elements in it. It's a soilless potting mix so that explains the lack of trace elements in it.
Future grows will be much better now that I've learned something about my medium too. Great ph and buffered well. But does lack in ability to hold nutrients after plane waterings and over a period lacks in tracers . Being a soilless mix I should probably be watering with nutes to run off at least once per week and the second water should be half strength nutes no run off . I've also upped my ppm as they were only getting 400-450ppm. Now that I have a ppm meter and a+ ph pen I can control things a lot better . All these years I've just been feeding based on solely looking at the plant . Did fairly well at that method but this recent episode of nutrient problems helped me realise I need to learn the new tricks of the trade and monitor absolutely everything for best results.
Now I own 2 ec pens , 2 ppm pens and 4 ph pens just in case one breaks lol bought storage solutions and probe cleaners to keep everything in the best shape possible so that everything stays accurate.
Thanks for the comment brother peace

Back
Top Bottom