Hash hits

I found a new way (for me in 47 years) to smoke occasionally now that I’m growing and have a few jars. I do a sugar leaf and trim ice hash wash every grow to get a preview of taste and quality. I also collect kief during trim and from the grinder. I turn all into shoe hash pieces and store cool and dark. The hash pieces in the pics have been oxidizing in a film canister in the dry garage the past couple months, but still great. This kind of hash reminds me of Black Nepalese fingers. The shoe hash is blond mostly when fresh then darkens if exposed to air. I take a small piece of the pliable hash and roll with a bit of ground bud. The little hit is perfect in a bong…five or six or…The small grinder in the picture just started seeing use last week. I was surprised by the amount of keif from my cabinet grows.
I also like to smoke hash under glass. Any other creative smoking ideas for old school stoners?
67D137F4-B966-4F82-808E-061D2B4EA309.jpeg
AAF574A4-C037-4EB3-BE85-DC866DE55C39.jpeg
344B5667-1809-4739-A675-B74D5EB9B7EE.jpeg

Cheers

I found a new way (for me in 47 years) to smoke occasionally now that I’m growing and have a few jars. I do a sugar leaf and trim ice hash wash every grow to get a preview of taste and quality. I also collect kief during trim and from the grinder. I turn all into shoe hash pieces and store cool and dark. The hash pieces in the pics have been oxidizing in a film canister in the dry garage the past couple months, but still great. This kind of hash reminds me of Black Nepalese fingers. The shoe hash is blond mostly when fresh then darkens if exposed to air. I take a small piece of the pliable hash and roll with a bit of ground bud. The little hit is perfect in a bong…five or six or…The small grinder in the picture just started seeing use last week. I was surprised by the amount of keif from my cabinet grows.
I also like to smoke hash under glass. Any other creative smoking ideas for old school stoners?

Cheers
I prefer to smoke my full melt hash on a bed of ash or in my mod box, to get the full effect

I like to pack a bowl of flower, then break off a little piece of hash and flatten it into a disk about the size of the bowl.
Light the hash, and once its burning, blow it out and set it on top of the bowl. The hash disk provides several nice hits then lights the flower underneath for you.

Cheers

You need to check out @DonkeyDick 's rosin rods. They're at the bottom of the post.

I'd love to be able to make hash like that, but the various methods confuse me so I've never tried
Can't be boiling up isopropyl here and don't have any screens/mesh
Suppose I could try rubbing out Charas then use the leftover for edibles?
Sounds very messy and not very efficient though

HashGirl, I’m way behind catching up on your current grow, but will soon. I couldn’t find the DD link you mentioned. Hope all is well. Cheers

The link to Donkey's thread was in my reply. The rosin rods are at the bottom of his post.

I'd love to be able to make hash like that, but the various methods confuse me so I've never tried
I've got a little thing I found online that makes it easy. It's 2 mason jars, the lid rings have been attached together with a screen in the middle. You load up 1 jar with your trim/flower and 5 nickels, then stick it in the freezer. I always keep it full, whenever I grab ice or a frozen pizza or whatever I give it a shake and put it back. Works a treat, no mess.

I've got a little thing I found online that makes it easy. It's 2 mason jars, the lid rings have been attached together with a screen in the middle. You load up 1 jar with your trim/flower and 5 nickels, then stick it in the freezer. I always keep it full, whenever I grab ice or a frozen pizza or whatever I give it a shake and put it back. Works a treat, no mess.
BW…a picture would…well you know. I treasure my kief, whether from trim sessions, the grinder or a good ice bag wash. Cheers

G, hash is so easy to experience if you grow or even just grind buds you buy. Back in the day we were so excited when hash came into town. Blond Lebanese, Red Moroccan and Black Nepalese. Price ranges were about $4 to $8 per gram circa 1976-81. Ice bubble hash process is cheap and easy and I only use the coarse and 220 screen. You can also collect grinder and trim kief and turn into the best shoe hash. A few hash and other random shots. Cheers
13C95F13-9347-4AE1-84E2-D41339BAEB6C.jpeg
903735FE-C80E-4DB6-93AE-B3327200435A.jpeg
4A9B8E94-E653-400C-82C7-AD71B88583F7.jpeg
572C46B1-AB07-4ADC-84F6-5A73612E3483.jpeg
54052825-4AC8-499D-A169-162663A9C630.jpeg
1E265AA9-8371-43FD-9745-3D3BE204F345.jpeg
A220D037-D1ED-4D11-A7CE-871692A00D7A.jpeg
82004CDD-9C79-4602-8425-D518C32CD135.jpeg
E487EB8C-745F-4EE3-90A6-8286CE2BCE7D.jpeg

Here's some hash I made with my big leaves
Made with my winter hash method

Hey folks. Lots of good ideas going here.
I gotta say, cr8 I tried your shoe hash method and I’ve been super impressed with the results. It sounded hilarious enough to be a hoot so I thought I’d give it a go and I’m glad I did so thank you.

One of my other uses for kief is, like @HashGirl said, for rolling rosin rods.

I went back through my media to find the picture you linked to @HashGirl , but as you can see I didn’t get back that far. I guess I do this fairly often.

Putting stripes of rosin across your rolling paper makes rings when the joint is rolled. Too much rosin:flower will melt and plug the joint.

Scissor hash rolls into a sausage like that in a silicone mat.

What I’d love to do is get some superfine press bags for squeezing rosin out of my kief. Until that happy day this is a treat.

I’m going to drop a rock of shoe hash in my bong right now in honour of your #solventless self help.
:cheer:

Hey folks. Lots of good ideas going here.
I gotta say, cr8 I tried your shoe hash method and I’ve been super impressed with the results. It sounded hilarious enough to be a hoot so I thought I’d give it a go and I’m glad I did so thank you.

One of my other uses for kief is, like @HashGirl said, for rolling rosin rods.

I went back through my media to find the picture you linked to @HashGirl , but as you can see I didn’t get back that far. I guess I do this fairly often.

Putting stripes of rosin across your rolling paper makes rings when the joint is rolled. Too much rosin:flower will melt and plug the joint.

Scissor hash rolls into a sausage like that in a silicone mat.

What I’d love to do is get some superfine press bags for squeezing rosin out of my kief. Until that happy day this is a treat.

I’m going to drop a rock of shoe hash in my bong right now in honour of your #solventless self help.
:cheer:
DD…I’m in…I will have a pile of scissor hash in a few short months. Thanks for sharing HashGirl and DD. I’m ready to light that fuse. Cheers

Saw the filter from one of these & thought of this thread
As a retired painter I have access to some of these new disposable paint mixing containers & think they would make ideal mini kief sifters
So hit up your local autobody shop or supplier & see if you can pick one up for free try asking for a test sample @ the suppliers
The blue ring snaps into the bottom of the lid

I would have to grind down the lip on the blue filter ring to be able to insert into metal ring of mason jar
& then solder the two mason jar lids together.

you could also just glue some fine mesh screen between the two mason jar rings

Think I'll give it a try on some of my already sifted kief & see if it makes it better
paint mixing-cups.jpg

Any clue roughly how much hash you can make from, say, 1oz of dry bud or 8oz of trim?
Presumably the leftovers can be cooked up for butter?
Cheers for the info, I really want to try this
Growings, It depends on trichrome concentration. I use sugar leaf trim. Going off possibly impaired memory I would say 1 to 2 dried grams of hash from 8 oz trim. I enjoy the first scissor hash hits, but the hash preview during bud dry and cure is not to be missed. Cheers
099C70BE-FD05-4950-96A7-EE14C32D6385.jpeg
22701B70-98F1-4F4F-B727-66A1E385B96C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom