DD Stable Of Impermanence

That was an excellent save, nice looking widow pucks and rosin too!

:thanks: mate it’s as good as it looks too. Cheers Koro

Great save! After seeing you wait for pollen with the GA3 spray, I know that patience is something you have. :thumb:

Heigh. Time is its own reward. Or something. No. Wait a minute. Hay! Hay is the reward. Any time. That’s it.

Hey Cannameisters

The Stable now. :headbanger:

She’s thumping along, doing her thing. She already smells like she has kicked off her dancing shoes. They are velvet and sweaty.

We haven’t seen much of the GSCs in the Stable. This will be our last of five. So far one out of four is really good and I hope to see roots coming out of cuts of that particular one soon.

:popcorn:

I have 3oz each of raw (dried, but undecarbed) fan leaves and AVB (already vaped bud - which is of course already decarbed by the vaping process) infusing in a litre of EVOO. I’m going to run some other bits and pieces through it and I’ll post a montage when it’s done.

White Widow in the back.
Sour Bubba in the front.
:420: for the win.
(That’s you).
:cheer:

Pain Oil

This is why I became a member here - to find out how to do this.

Batches vary according to available biomass, but broadly speaking each step is the same and each batch is better than the last as the quality of available material continues to improve. Each step of this process has been battle tested now.

RAW MATERIALS

1. Fan leaves. The healthiest fans that get plucked for airflow are dried on racks and stored in a large paper bag. These are used raw (undecarbed) for THCA and flavonoids.
2. AVB. Already vaped bud. This is decarbed by the temperatures of vaping (just as combusting flower in a joint decarbs the acid forms of cannabinoids and does this chemical thing for you just before you inhale).
3. Trim and flower. Dried and cured.
4. Spent pucks from rosin production.

This is everything for the infusions.

This becomes the base oil which I will use as-is in cooking, or add lecithin to it to make dosing capsules. When I make it in to this pain oil instead I fortify it in a final step at bottling using rosin.

Here we go :slide:

THE METHOD

I make my infusions in two stages. Each stage infuses for two days.

STAGE ONE

For this run I had three ounces of combined Bubba’s Sis and Star Killer OG leaves.

And three ounces of AVB.

My target temperature range for infusing is 85 degrees Celsius plus or minus five degrees.

That six ounces went in to only one litre of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).

STAGE TWO

I decarbed this material the day before I needed it so that it could overnight in the freezer afterwards. This is found to help terpene retention.

Target temperature is 115-120 degrees Celsius for two hours. So 120 for 120.

Sealed in those foil pouches is 2 ounces of trim and flower (from Alaskan Purple, Gorilla Zkittlez, Critical Purple Kush) and 13 ounces of spent pucks. Yes thirteen.

I had to add another litre of oil.

And that is the base oil.

Now it gets fun. Now we fortify it in batches by the bottle. R&D, trial and error has given me a ball park for rosin of 1g + per 30ml bottle.

PAIN OIL

It is impossible to tell before a press sesh what a yield will be so I decided for uniformity that each bottle will get whatever comes from 8g of flower. In this case GSC #4.

:passitleft:

4.7g from 24. Is that 19.5%?! Wow GSC#4 was a sticky one. And the puck collection has started again.

Target temperature range as above, but rosin decarbs more quickly.

I went to snap what turned out to be a blurry photo to show how the rosin bubbles as it decarboxylates.

I went straight back out to snap another and the chemical process had finished :rolleyes: you can tell by looking with rosin because the bubbles stop.

I had that silicone tub covered with foil while it was in the oven. It took between 45 and 50 minutes.

Then I filtered a measured amount of the base oil and put some of that into a jug where I mixed in the decarbed rosin while everything was still warm.

I put the same amount into each of three bottles then topped them off with the little filtered oil I had kept back.

Q.E.D. You’ve had your Quota of Erudite Donkey now.

It’s a piece of cake. Like this one, which used up the last of both my CBD and THC based base oils.

Terribly morish too.

And yes, so I keep CBD pucks separate from the others. This run didn’t use any straight CBD based sources.

The reason I don’t add lecithin to these pain drops is because they aren’t intended primarily for GI absorption. This oil is intended as oral drops and is rapidly taken up through the mucosa of the mouth and throat. It can be microdosed throughout the day or puddled as needed. A personal dose may be titrated by counting drops into coffee if that’s your thing. It also works transdermally on aches and pains as massage drops, but it does mean you smell of it.

I have to thank @Dohc007 for the bottles.
:thanks: @Dohc007 for the bottles :ciao: No points for guessing what surprises might be in your stockings this year dohc ;)

I’ll be green fairying some of these to a needy and worthy one or two to start with.

Have fun with the recipe, folks. It really is a good one. May it serve you well.

:morenutes:

Good day, Donkey.

As Trala says, I was today year's old when I found out there is a cannabis strain called Donkey Dick. Did you know that? Is that how you got your handle?

Donkey Dick Seeds.jpg

Good day, Donkey.

As Trala says, I was today year's old when I found out there is a cannabis strain called Donkey Dick. Did you know that? Is that how you got your handle?

Donkey Dick Seeds.jpg
I always thought Donkey Dick was a grower on 420, even was member of the month, so maybe Donkey Member is more accurate. Then, one day, I was browsing through a strain book and saw it. Donkey Dick! I guess it was so named because of the extremely large and long colas, but of course size isn't the main thing. Ha ha. So I figured it was named after our very own DD, sorta like Jack Herer is named after Jack Herer, the Hemperor. It is great that DD has his own strain named after him! Deja vu all over again!

Good day, Donkey.

Donkey Dick Seeds.jpg

That’s funny. Happy today day (again) btw. And a belated happy today day for the other day too. o_O
No it isn’t. Like you I only heard about it up here (when Em’o grew it). They probably named it after me (they probably didn’t).

so named because of the extremely large and long colas,

Someone uses the ‘real estate agent’ filter to make things look bigger I think.
Really, ask @Sugarleaf I’m not actually that tall.

What a wonderful write up, thank you Donkey! That looks and sounds potent :drool: :bravo:

Fantastic guide to show how you make your pain oil - well done and thanks!

Thank you! :adore: For reading.

It really is good oil. It put the pain monster with the gnashing teeth back in it’s box which was nice.

Mind you, ok. Half a banana cannacake was nice too. :)

As was this..

I’ll post them on my Cookies thread too later on.

In the Stable.

:green_heart: :love: :snowboating:

Love the pictorial DD! :thanks: for taking the time to put that all together and share it here.

Cheers Shed. I appreciate you saying so.

SO, SOME STABLE STUFF

Unexpected good news:

23 days this time. Reasonably quick by Stable standards. Looking all but dead above ground though. I took 3 cups of SB cuts when I flipped her.

The ratty looking cup in the back is GSC #3 which I still have my fingers crossed for. I had discarded clones of 1 and 2 after I established they weren’t much chop. Actually I found a back up I had of GSC #2. Clones are a bit like chocolates after all. There is always room for one more, and then sometimes hiding in the wrappers under the second layer you find a special something. Unfortunately in the case of GSC #2 it turned out to be nougat. I don’t have cuts of GSCs 4 or 5 either. #4 has been great for rosin, but I wouldn’t even run #2 again for that.

THE IMPERMANENCE OF STABILITY

Anyone tracking continuity will notice I mislabeled some recent pictures. These ones have the correct day count.

She’s ready, I think. I noticed amber trichs on sugar leaves a few days ago. Now bracts are starting to follow.

Next Friday at the latest for her. I have a lovely big Chemdog’91 in veg waiting for her spot.

Bookending the montage today with Sour Bubba. Here she is in the front of the flowers. 45” tall.

I hope the weekend is treating you good. Thanks for looking in.
:snowboating:

Notes off the hoof

The Stable:

:yummy:

In veg:

Bubba’s Sis bottom left, topped.
Chemdog’91 in a tiny pot on a block, centre bottom, topped, tipped and spreading.

These will be my next two runners.
Then the Star Killer OG, back left. Chilling.

Back right too tall for her tiny shoes is the second Panama I will cut down without running. They grow so fast!

This is the next one to flip. Very excited to see her go in. This Friday. (Hump day today).

She’ll be lollipopped before I flip her. She is under starter’s orders.

Thanks for looking in.

Try this at home.

:peace: :love: :morenutes:

All that kief isn't from your grinder is it? Guess you must have a screen? My hand grinder doesn't seem to collect much, it's disappointing. When I was younger we used to modify the lid on our coffee grinders to purposely collect more kief. Had a pencil jammed in there at one point lol... good times. Cheers DD, stable is looking good as always.

Back
Top Bottom