DD Stable Of Impermanence

Rosin rods indeed, good to see you've been keeping busy DD!

Koro :high-five: If a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing medicated. Just kidding, kids! Eat your weetbix and do as you’re told. It’s the law.
Good to see you ducking for cover on your balcony again.

I need to get set up to squish some rosin soon.
Your plants look so lush and perfect. :thumb:

Thanks for your kind words, stinker. I have to say it’s been good to have enough flower to be getting more use out of the press. Apart from just how fun it is to make there is everything about rosin to recommend. Good luck dusting off your your press.

All that kief isn't from your grinder is it? Guess you must have a screen? My hand grinder doesn't seem to collect much, it's disappointing. When I was younger we used to modify the lid on our coffee grinders to purposely collect more kief. Had a pencil jammed in there at one point lol... good times. Cheers DD, stable is looking good as always.

It is from the grinder. The grinder in the picture above in fact.
I scrape the mulled flower across the screen each time I use it. It helps to push it through. I wasn’t collecting it for a while and I used a different grinder. Now I have a few uses for it I keep as much as I can.

Looks like stable genetics, DD. Beautiful plants, Donk!

:thanks: I can’t take credit for any of it but it’s all so fun to run.

My thoughts exactly! It’s a relief to find someone so effortlessly copacetic.
:passitleft:

That Chemdog is quite the looker!

She might take up half the flower room or more (I hope). More pics when I fix her up.

I can't stop drooling over those Rosin Rods!

It is such a great way to smoke your meds! The taste immediately just shouts ridiculous deliciousness at you and before you know it, let me rephrase. Soon enough you have a depth and understanding of your cannabis experience that you most definitely know you are having and no mistake.

Make sure it's not over anything being droughted!

You dribble wherever you like, Rexer. It’s ok.

:peace: :love:

It is from the grinder. The grinder in the picture above in fact.
I scrape the mulled flower across the screen each time I use it. It helps to push it through. I wasn’t collecting it for a while and I used a different grinder. Now I have a few uses for it I keep as much as I can.
If you get the chance, look up "Buddies Wooden Pollen Sifter". Dump your grinder contents into the box, give it a shake. For extra kief collection, drop a nickel in.
Your kief collection will probably triple in size, if not more.
:thanks: I can’t take credit for any of it but it’s all so fun to run.

It is such a great way to smoke your meds! The taste immediately just shouts ridiculous deliciousness at you and before you know it, let me rephrase. Soon enough you have a depth and understanding of your cannabis experience that you most definitely know you are having and no mistake.
Not harsh? That's one thing I was curious on.
You dribble wherever you like, Rexer. It’s ok.

Thank you brother,
I'll try to remember to put a bib on when I come to the Stable, manners and all ;)

If you get the chance, look up

I will, cheers. I don’t really have the need for great volumes of kief rather that I’m just finding it useful. Especially for rolling those little rosin logs.

Not harsh? That's one thing I was curious on.

It really isn’t harsh. Kief is harsh to smoke by itself and makes me cough if I’m not careful if I put enough in a joint to make a difference.
The rosin is soooo smoooooth it’s like creamed velvet. The taste (and all that follows) is an exaggerated version of whatever strain/variety you squish. The taste is pure.
I think you’d probably quite like it.

I will, cheers. I don’t really have the need for great volumes of kief rather that I’m just finding it useful. Especially for rolling those little rosin logs.

It really isn’t harsh. Kief is harsh to smoke by itself and makes me cough if I’m not careful if I put enough in a joint to make a difference.
The rosin is soooo smoooooth it’s like creamed velvet. The taste (and all that follows) is an exaggerated version of whatever strain/variety you squish. The taste is pure.
I think you’d probably quite like it.
I think I need to put my bib back on with a description like that.

Once I finally get my press, I'll be Pressing most of my kief, I've got a nice bit saved up.

In a ga(rden)xy far, far away...

Star Killer OG

Washed and drip drying overnight. Smelled strongly of lemon all day. Really looking forward to trying her out.

Stoked to have finally flipped another Chem.

I hope your gardens are all doing well, folks. Thanks for dropping in.

:morenutes:

Pain Oil

This is why I became a member here - to find out how to do this.

Batches vary according to available biomass, but broadly speaking each step is the same and each batch is better than the last as the quality of available material continues to improve. Each step of this process has been battle tested now.

RAW MATERIALS

1. Fan leaves. The healthiest fans that get plucked for airflow are dried on racks and stored in a large paper bag. These are used raw (undecarbed) for THCA and flavonoids.
2. AVB. Already vaped bud. This is decarbed by the temperatures of vaping (just as combusting flower in a joint decarbs the acid forms of cannabinoids and does this chemical thing for you just before you inhale).
3. Trim and flower. Dried and cured.
4. Spent pucks from rosin production.

This is everything for the infusions.

This becomes the base oil which I will use as-is in cooking, or add lecithin to it to make dosing capsules. When I make it in to this pain oil instead I fortify it in a final step at bottling using rosin.

Here we go :slide:

THE METHOD

I make my infusions in two stages. Each stage infuses for two days.

STAGE ONE

For this run I had three ounces of combined Bubba’s Sis and Star Killer OG leaves.

And three ounces of AVB.

My target temperature range for infusing is 85 degrees Celsius plus or minus five degrees.

That six ounces went in to only one litre of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).

STAGE TWO

I decarbed this material the day before I needed it so that it could overnight in the freezer afterwards. This is found to help terpene retention.

Target temperature is 115-120 degrees Celsius for two hours. So 120 for 120.

Sealed in those foil pouches is 2 ounces of trim and flower (from Alaskan Purple, Gorilla Zkittlez, Critical Purple Kush) and 13 ounces of spent pucks. Yes thirteen.

I had to add another litre of oil.

And that is the base oil.

Now it gets fun. Now we fortify it in batches by the bottle. R&D, trial and error has given me a ball park for rosin of 1g + per 30ml bottle.

PAIN OIL

It is impossible to tell before a press sesh what a yield will be so I decided for uniformity that each bottle will get whatever comes from 8g of flower. In this case GSC #4.

:passitleft:

4.7g from 24. Is that 19.5%?! Wow GSC#4 was a sticky one. And the puck collection has started again.

Target temperature range as above, but rosin decarbs more quickly.

I went to snap what turned out to be a blurry photo to show how the rosin bubbles as it decarboxylates.

I went straight back out to snap another and the chemical process had finished :rolleyes: you can tell by looking with rosin because the bubbles stop.

I had that silicone tub covered with foil while it was in the oven. It took between 45 and 50 minutes.

Then I filtered a measured amount of the base oil and put some of that into a jug where I mixed in the decarbed rosin while everything was still warm.

I put the same amount into each of three bottles then topped them off with the little filtered oil I had kept back.

Q.E.D. You’ve had your Quota of Erudite Donkey now.

It’s a piece of cake. Like this one, which used up the last of both my CBD and THC based base oils.

Terribly morish too.

And yes, so I keep CBD pucks separate from the others. This run didn’t use any straight CBD based sources.

The reason I don’t add lecithin to these pain drops is because they aren’t intended primarily for GI absorption. This oil is intended as oral drops and is rapidly taken up through the mucosa of the mouth and throat. It can be microdosed throughout the day or puddled as needed. A personal dose may be titrated by counting drops into coffee if that’s your thing. It also works transdermally on aches and pains as massage drops, but it does mean you smell of it.

I have to thank @Dohc007 for the bottles.
:thanks: @Dohc007 for the bottles :ciao: No points for guessing what surprises might be in your stockings this year dohc ;)

I’ll be green fairying some of these to a needy and worthy one or two to start with.

Have fun with the recipe, folks. It really is a good one. May it serve you well.

:morenutes:
Ofcourse I'm late reading this oh well ill be checking out the stable in style
Screenshot_20211214-191114_Gallery.jpg
20211214_190501.jpg

Hey Stabilisers

A great big :thanks: to whoever it was that nominated the Stable for a jotm. Kind of surprising! 420ville is a lot like NYC (and me for that matter) and doesn’t get much sleep. It was good for me to read your nomination and it put a smile on my wife’s face this morning so for that, thanks again.

STABLE STUFF

With harvests last week and the progression of our Chemdog’91 into 12/12 everything else gets to jostle for position again.

In rotation: one each of a Chemdog’91, a candida, a dr seedsmanCBD30:1, white widow, OG Kush, two each of Star Killer OG and Sour Bubba, and three Bubba’s Sis.

I used up the last batch of my recycled soil on the little transplants and started on the next cycle of my soil rotation with the Chemdog’91.

I sift used pots into a huge tote and treat it with enzymes to break down anything that might rot, set it aside for awhile then crack into it again.

I use an industrial pocket filter mask when I’m working with soil. Even through that something smelled wrong. When I took it off when I’d finished I recognised the smell of @GeoFlora Nutrients and figured I was ok.

When I start plants into recovered soil I only water, never fertigate. Not until I see hunger in leaves. I figure there’s bound to be something left in there after the soil has supported plants through flower.

Sooner or later I’ll run out of luck, but so far...

... so good. This is the next day and all is well.

Did anyone notice the absence of the Panama from the tent? Here she is in rotation with a couple of cups of Chemdog’91s and a GSC.

SWEET RELIEF

Here’s where some of the new oil went.

Oh, boy! By the time I’d finished a few wee snacks it was too late! :slide: #bestbickiesever

THE PASSING FLOWER SHOW

Thanks for looking in :high-five:
Have a nice days please :peace: :love:

Congrats on the GJOTM nom, Donkey! If I hadn't been nominated, too, I probably would have voted for yours. :battingeyelashes:

A great big :thanks: to whoever it was that nominated the Stable for a jotm
Congratulations on the nomination Donkey!
Beautiful update as well! Those cookies all look yum! That Bubba Sis looks really dense

Montage Monday

Hiya 420ians.

I took off a damaged branch of this one a week ago.

It dried for a week. I’ve been puffing and vaping on it when gardening for the last few days.

4.5g was left last night. It got the treatment.

:slide:

:yahoo:

And...

Keep it easy.
Take well.

Bubba’s Sis Harvest

Day 69 and down she comes.
Our 75th on 420 Magazine. :slide:

Washed and hung she’ll be clipped down for the fridge in the morning.

And then there were three...

Chemdog’91, Sour Bubba and White Widow.

Cheers for stopping in.
Whatever colour your xmas is I hope your garden is green. Or fading stylishly into senescence.

Back
Top Bottom