DD Stable Of Impermanence

Happy New Year, Donkey! And, Congrats on winning GJOTM for December! Your journal is so good, I even voted for it. :laughtwo:

Fabulous garden as always Bubba! Happy New Year to you and yours and congrats on the GJOTM! Absolutely well deserved!
:party:

Woo! Indeed, old chap. And as you say, Hoo! Too. You took the words right out of my mouth you really did.

Happy New Year, Donkey! And, Congrats on winning GJOTM for December! Your journal is so good, I even voted for it. :laughtwo:

:woohoo:

Fabulous garden as always Bubba! Happy New Year to you and yours and congrats on the GJOTM! Absolutely well deserved!
:party:

Thank you CC. It’s really been something.

You’re all some of the nicest people I’ve (n)ever had the privilege to meet. The few of you I have met only make that more true!

Thanks again to all of you Stabilisers!

I stumbled into 420ville looking to get more buck from my bhang, as it were. I needed to find ways to make pain meds out of cannabis.

I’ll tell you what...

An old friend who got a bottle of drops (yours is made up @Dohc007 ) visited. I asked how they compared to the local solvent based one they’d been using.
Reports are that three drops of mine are the pain relief equivalent of ten of the other, but that mine also got a person “really stoned” which the others don’t.

Thanks 420 Magazine!

The oil in the drops is fortified with some decarbed rosin. It’s the same oil without the rosin, but with lecithin in the capsules.

I asked our guest for feedback on some (2) they’d tried and got an evasive sort of a “phwoar”.

@Sugarleaf said she had one of these capsules and “didn’t come right for three days”.

These people are not weekenders!

I’m taking ... let’s just say more than that many. And it works (so far. Touch wood) better than you might think. Better than I hoped it would anyway.

:surf:

:cheer:

I have the 6-ton Dabpress and have tried to make rosin a couple of times now to no avail. All I get is a hard puck:

Not Rosin.jpg

The way I did it was plug in the unit and let heat to 190 degrees and then press slowly. What am I doing wrong?

I have the 6-ton Dabpress and have tried to make rosin a couple of times now to no avail. All I get is a hard puck:

Not Rosin.jpg

The way I did it was plug in the unit and let heat to 190 degrees and then press slowly. What am I doing wrong?

HG I feel your pain. Upside down from the other hemisphere that looks like 87-88 degrees Celsius. That is a variable to play with.
The coolest squishing I do is 98℃ and I get pretty consistent results there.
I go a little hotter sometimes. I set my gear up for 108℃ for a while, but came back a little. I’ve seen people run much hotter too.
It’s frustrating! Have a play.
Try different flower sources as well as temperatures. When you get gorgeous goo sticking the place up you might want to give those pucks you’ve already run another go? Just in case you can still coax something out of them.
Squish bags are scarce and expensive here so that’s why I started making pucks instead of stuffing bags. I like the bags though all the same.

HG I feel your pain. Upside down from the other hemisphere that looks like 87-88 degrees Celsius. That is a variable to play with.
The coolest squishing I do is 98℃ and I get pretty consistent results there.
I go a little hotter sometimes. I set my gear up for 108℃ for a while, but came back a little. I’ve seen people run much hotter too.
It’s frustrating! Have a play.
Try different flower sources as well as temperatures. When you get gorgeous goo sticking the place up you might want to give those pucks you’ve already run another go? Just in case you can still coax something out of them.
Squish bags are scarce and expensive here so that’s why I started making pucks instead of stuffing bags. I like the bags though all the same.

Thank you, Donkey. So, the issue is that I didn't let it get hot enough? 98C = 208F, roughly?

Thank you, Donkey. So, the issue is that I didn't let it get hot enough? 98C = 208F, roughly?

Hey HG. IDK if the temp is the issue, as it were. I would definitely have a play with it though.
We like nice round numbers that are easy to remember. Why not set your rig for 210℉ on the basis that it’s half of 420?
I’m excited for you that you are able to make rosin! I want to help you get the best out of it if I can.
Are you also giving your material a 45 second preheat with low pressure before you squeeze? That really helps.

Stuck on Rosin

Hey folks. Back with a few squish pics from today, but first we pay homage...

Several more weeks for her. She’ll be worth my wait in gold. Golden rosin, I hope.

I processed an ounce of the SKOG today.

She pressed well.

And gave up this terp tapped gooey goodness

4.7g from 28 is mumble 16.8ish%
I did some more GSC today too.
Keeping soddy and bowl together.

And here we are once again.
Be lucky folks. Luckier than me ffs :rofl:
:peace: :love:

I'm not squisher but I wonder how tall your pucks are before you squish them?

Less than half an inch.

And do you compress the puck before putting it in the bag?

Yes.

Hey HG. IDK if the temp is the issue, as it were. I would definitely have a play with it though.
We like nice round numbers that are easy to remember. Why not set your rig for 210℉ on the basis that it’s half of 420?

Okay, I'll try it but it will have to wait until tomorrow as I have too much to do today.

Are you also giving your material a 45 second preheat with low pressure before you squeeze? That really helps.

I did apply low pressure when I pressed it but I don't think I left it for 45 seconds so I will try this as well.

Thank you, Donkey.

Salutations from the Stable

High all. All will be when these come in anyway...

I want to thank @GeoFlora Nutrients again for their generosity last year. I just finished your gear today on the last feed a plant will need before she is harvested. It really has been a dream to work with in the garden.
No fuss, no stress, organically grown medical grade medicinal medicine!
:high-five:
Any readers growing in soil and stressed about what to do? Do yourself a favour. Get some. It’s training wheels for a beginner, but it’s a Rolls Royce of a ride for a gardener with any level of experience.

That might be part of the issue you're having as well as the temps and pre-heating. Most of the pucks I've seen look to be at least an inch tall after compressing, and don't end up as flat as yours even after giving up all the rosin.

I think I know what has happened there, Shed. There are a lot more pictures up here of formed pucks than there are spent pucks. Puck size just needs to be small enough to fit in the press really. It all comes out flat if you see what I mean?

That’s a Vernier caliper. You can see on the top line you’re not getting much change out of thirty thou’ (28.5 actually) that’s thousandths of an inch. That’s an average over a quick sample. All my pucks are 4g and start at 28mm diameter before ten tons of pressure is applied, Shed. :nerd-with-glasses: :high-five:
In @HashGirl ’s case 6.
Have a play with temperature and technique, HG.
I realised if you set your rig to 210 then you kind of get a 420 wraparound ;)
Once temp is up and puck(s) is placed take the gap to three sixteenths and press go on your stopwatch. Keep enough gentle pressure on that at 45 seconds the gap is only one sixteenth. By then you will probably see rosin forming for you. :love: good luck.

Needs must.

Only to make it fit better you understand.

As I pressed save on these photos I realised that caption could be ambiguous. For the record it is not a comment on her potency, nosiree... :bong:

Stay green :headbanger:

What's the starting thickness of your puck before it gets squished? I feel like starting with a short puck make the pressure less effective. I'm sure a mechanical engineer can explain it!

I thought I did. I tried. The starting thickness of your puck isn’t an issue.
There are variations in puck density depending on raw material and however tight you pack it. Technique and experience (“feel”) say if a puck is evenly packed. The inconsistent size of these..

... is volume not mass. They are all the same.

I'm pretty sure I've seen folks here press at 190° and still get rosin.

You can be as sure as you like that when you put a few miles on a new car you can flick it around with confidence. How are you at doing a reverse hill start into a parallel park in the ice in someone else’s car?

Back
Top Bottom