Update day 15 of flower

It’s been a slow week or more coaxing them back into enthusiasm.

In the ongoing war against spider mites they all had haircuts and foliar treatments. I think we’re winning battles.

Some of you might recognise @Pbass photobombing there. How’s it going, man?

After 5 or 6 days out of the ice cave and under the HPS I topdressed a little mycothrive around the top of each pot and worked it in the first quarter inch. Then using only 3 litres of water between the 5 of them, wet them down a bit. I boiled some of the water in the jug first so it was warmish when it hit the soil.

My reasoning was that since I hadn’t seen any action above ground the soil ecology had likely been killed/in shock. So I did this to wake the roots up.

Fair enough they’ve grown 3” since.

Last night they had their first drink (only 1 litre each) since the 14th when I noticed they were all in flower.

I haven’t flipped the light cycle to 12/12 yet even though I know I should. It’s one of the mistakes I made last time that I was determined to do better. :rolleyes: I just really want to take a slip or two off iPurple and she doesn’t have any ready yet. Another day or two.

Cheers

Cheers, Lew. Yep it looks almost miraculous considering the garden was at or below 5*C for a couple of weeks. Lucky for me these girls are so hard to kill!

The mites are a real p.i.t.a!
@Norcaliwood kindly pulled over (somewhere on highway 420) a few days ago and told me to strip out the bottom of each plant (which I did) and told me too to get safer soap. Turns out it isn’t sold here. When I roster off in a few days I’ll go looking for a local equivalent.

Trying to keep the pressure on the little buggers. It’s complicated for me :D because the grey/white dust left over from the diatomaceous earth treatment looks like it might be mites and I’ve hidden my loupe!

:straightface: I put stuff away when MIL visited and do you think I can find it?!

The other thing was my half jar of empty capsules. I’ve found a really great hiding place somewhere. Damned if I know where.

I meant to lead the update this morning with just how fantastic the capsules are. I’m amazed that a non-euphoric dose should have such an incredible analgesic effect. For example - I haven’t been physically able to finish a roster (a week at work) for the last couple of weeks. Now that I have not one, but two jars of empty caps and I’ve been filling and taking them again my gut pain has subsided. I feel like I’ll get through the week ok this time.

That’s one vote for quality of life. The trouble is that under prohibition where I live you can’t have a sensible conversation with a doctor about this.

Update day 15 of flower

It’s been a slow week or more coaxing them back into enthusiasm.

In the ongoing war against spider mites they all had haircuts and foliar treatments. I think we’re winning battles.

Some of you might recognise @Pbass photobombing there. How’s it going, man?

After 5 or 6 days out of the ice cave and under the HPS I topdressed a little mycothrive around the top of each pot and worked it in the first quarter inch. Then using only 3 litres of water between the 5 of them, wet them down a bit. I boiled some of the water in the jug first so it was warmish when it hit the soil.

My reasoning was that since I hadn’t seen any action above ground the soil ecology had likely been killed/in shock. So I did this to wake the roots up.

Fair enough they’ve grown 3” since.

Last night they had their first drink (only 1 litre each) since the 14th when I noticed they were all in flower.

I haven’t flipped the light cycle to 12/12 yet even though I know I should. It’s one of the mistakes I made last time that I was determined to do better. :rolleyes: I just really want to take a slip or two off iPurple and she doesn’t have any ready yet. Another day or two.

Cheers
Mate , you can take cuttings in flower too. If i need them to root quick , i leave them alongside the flowering mothers. The 12 /12 has them rooting very quickly in my experience of doing it many times. I take them up to 4 weeks in flower ( but then under 24 hours light to reset their cycle auxins . If you take them in flower , you get a very bushy structured plant. have a look at "monstercropping' @DonkeyDick . Flip them and take some cuts when they stretch. All looking good mate

Mate , you can take cuttings in flower too. If i need them to root quick , i leave them alongside the flowering mothers. The 12 /12 has them rooting very quickly in my experience of doing it many times. I take them up to 4 weeks in flower ( but then under 24 hours light to reset their cycle auxins . If you take them in flower , you get a very bushy structured plant. have a look at "monstercropping' @DonkeyDick . Flip them and take some cuts when they stretch. All looking good mate

Cheers GG. Of course I can cut them in flower. I was surprised by flowers on their first run and so had to keep cuttings under 24 hrs of light to reveg them.
That xmas tree plant in the middle of my tent has been revegged and reflowered already and yeah I’d sooner take my chances with cuttings than mess with her any more.
Maybe I’ll reset the timers tonight.
Cheers man. Just needed that nudge.

Supercropping. Is that just to take a cutting from a flowering donor plant and keeping it in 12/12, or am I missing something?

Cheers GG. Of course I can cut them in flower. I was surprised by flowers on their first run and so had to keep cuttings under 24 hrs of light to reveg them.
That xmas tree plant in the middle of my tent has been revegged and reflowered already and yeah I’d sooner take my chances with cuttings than mess with her any more.
Maybe I’ll reset the timers tonight.
Cheers man. Just needed that nudge.

Supercropping. Is that just to take a cutting from a flowering donor plant and keeping it in 12/12, or am I missing something?
The 12/12 is a personal find from only having one place to do anything crop related at the time. I found the 2 weeks mark and start of the pistil popping to be the best time for me. Supercropping is the bending for yield and monstorcropping is taking cuttings in flower for a bushier clone. basically. decent lowers that would be popcorn are ideal.

Cheers gigiddy! :cool:
So my girls are at least 15 days into pistil production and still not flipped. What the auxins, et al, are up to now? Further research required on my part. I’d like to have a deeper understanding of cannabis physiology.
I let the same thing happen on our Isabelles’ last run too, and also took cuttings at about the same point.
Third time’s the charm, right?

I’ll flip them tonight (so their first 12 hrs of dark will be tomorrow). The stretch will bring on the stragglers I’m after (then again, if I stop leering at them with a razor in my hand...) They’ve had time to adjust to the HPS - which I need to lift.

Sorted :high-five:

:passitleft:pffft...
Hey, jelly of your gellie gal ;)
Your gelato sounds a-hey-hey-May-May-Zing! .. Zing! ... Zinnng!

Picking up the pieces

We’d been expecting the worst, but hoping for the best.
It could have been worse.
There was a lot of damage.

We knew what to expect. Outside in my roof space and the coldest it’s been for a year or two. You were right, John...

I had to carefully pick a few mushy bits out of her middle.
And worse...

And damn’ spider mites as well.
Deem - diatomaceous earth and neem.
And a tidy up.

I feel like cleaning the space is important.
Every surface gets:
Hot soapy water
Dried thoroughly
Bleach to water 1:10 spray
Wait at least 5 minutes
Wipe down to dry
Clean hot water
And dried with a towel.

After tidying up the girls as best we could, it was time to start the rebuild.

When I topped the current girls and set up their quadlines I left some cuts on, which I have now taken.

Roots are only just showing now for the wee one in the soda bottle on the right. She was cut at the same time as our biggest girls which are in 17 litre pots, whose roots are also showing now.

Meanwhile Isabelle Purple. She is the last of her kind and I’ll be sorry to lose her if I do. I have hooned through a couple of ounces of her sister Isabelle Red’s flowers in the last couple of weeks because that one is the best of them for pain.
Isabelle Purple is my go-to morning bud and the one to have if I need to be energetic.
You can see from her lower nodes that she was in flower when the cutting was taken because the branches are staggered. Then when she was back in veg the new growth showed even nodes. Now she is back in flower her new growth is staggered again. I’m not game to re-reveg her - she’s been through a lot and could easily throw nanners. Also, the top leaves of her new growth are three pointed. Another sure sign of distress.

I’m planning to give them a few days to adjust to the HPS, then take a cut off iPurple and flip them to 12/12.
They are in 16/8 now.

Isabelles Red in front, Blue in back and Purple in the middle. iPurple is going to be one of those crazy old school Xmas tree shapes, probably with supercropping.

Yes, I know. Advertising. Thanks to @SmokeSara and her stealth tote for making my last few weeks easier to manage :)

I’m not counting any of the plants in the pictures here as survivors yet.

What I’m going to do instead is - hope for the best.

Stay free, folks. Thanks for stopping in.
:morenutes:

You'll get them back, DD.
Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I'm not getting all my notifications.

Did we flip on the same day? Yes, we did! Awesome! Sorry I haven't been around much, Double D. Hope you are recovering well (from the MIL :D ).

read your thread Double D, great thread and grow.

Thanks dynamo :high-five: I appreciate you saying that. I hope that other growers - members and lurkers alike (I know you’re out there... ) find something in it too. Sure has been a hoot.

Congrates on the harvest and in caring for MIL,

The harvest has been a bit of a dream come true.

The truth is that’s a bit of an understatement. There may be many more truths too, IDK. One is that I’ve understated other stuff too.

MIL was here to care for us not the other way round. I still don’t have a diagnosis, hence no treatment yet. Had a gutsful of... anyway.
I’ve lost more than 35kg since starting this journal and it’s still happening and I’m in agony most of the time, as weak as a kitten, I can’t sleep, I’m jaundiced, my wife can’t work, I can barely do my job - had the head of HR fly in to see me the other day :confused: so none of that is much help.

I really don’t mean to grizzle. Not just because there are those worse off than me, but also because IDK maybe I’ve been confused about why to keep a journal? After all, my primary reason for growing cannabis is to use it medicinally.

What does help is the capsules of oil I made. I need to do another batch next few days. This is the only thing that stops the pain it is unbelievable.

Maybe I should make more of an effort to document the medical value I get? I am so bored with my Sx, but if I find thing’s I think will be useful to others I will certainly report them here.

Family is important IMO.

I couldn’t agree more. I see how it works for other people. Definitely looks like something to be cherished.

Looking forward to what's next

:green_heart:

Sorry you are having a rough time, Double D. I do know some would find the medical info useful. I hope you are on the mend.

Sorry to hear your not feeling the best DD. I know that feeling of being sick to the back teeth of illness. It can be relentless. I think journals that document the effectiveness of cannabis for medical issues a fantastic way to help others. Especially when you live in a country where cannabis is illegal and not being properly researched. You’re making a great job of creating one these journals.

Sorry you are having a rough time, Double D. I do know some would find the medical info useful. I hope you are on the mend.
Sorry to hear your not feeling the best DD. I know that feeling of being sick to the back teeth of illness. It can be relentless. I think journals that document the effectiveness of cannabis for medical issues a fantastic way to help others. Especially when you live in a country where cannabis is illegal and not being properly researched. You’re making a great job of creating one these journals.

Fuckit. Thanks for your words of encouragement fellas.
Not comfortable with the idea, but I’m prepared to take one for the team.
I will take that as a commission.

Let’s see how we go.
Right now it’s a big bad Isabelle blunt, animals, couches, fire and Pratchett & Gaiman’s Good Omens on the telly.
It’s not all bad.
:cool:

Let’s see how we go.
Right now it’s a big bad Isabelle blunt, animals, couches, fire and Pratchett & Gaiman’s Good Omens on the telly.
It’s not all bad.

Hey man. No pressure. You gotta do you and do what you're comfortable with.

Let’s see how we go.
It’s not all bad.

Good day for blunts and animals and couches, and man I miss my old fireplace! Be weller DD! :yahoo:

Good day for blunts and animals and couches, and man I miss my old fireplace! Be weller DD! :yahoo:

:high-five:

Got up in the wee smalls to treat my little harem of Isabelles to a nuclear attack on bastard mites before lights go out.
The fight against mites just got medical. At least for them.
:yummy:
On medicines - another infusion brewing, 7 hrs so far. Will give it another few. Should be 16.5mg/ml if my fudged numbers are any good.

Cheers :cool:

Got to swap a couple of bedrooms over too - we’ve been getting some jobs done in the spare room and we don’t want MIL living in a worksite. Reminds me. Better go hang some curtains.

Thanks for coming by, Al. Glad your dental issues came right. Incidentally, you might enjoy a Japanese film called Tampopo- it’s brilliantly funny for lots of reasons, including a short but memorable dental bit. Have a look.

:thumb:

What a strange, enjoyable movie! Thanks, Double D. @Tangled and I watched it last night.

What a strange, enjoyable movie! Thanks, Double D. @Tangled and I watched it last night.

:yahoo:
That’s a lot of fun. I wondered if you ever got round to it. Glad you went there! I love the set pieces in that film. You’re in for repeated treats now as memorable moments will pepper their way through your imagination from now on.
Boom.
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom