That's really awesome DD - everything came together real nicely for you. :high-five::passitleft:
Enjoy having the MIL around! Hopefully you get a gap to do some transplanting in the next week or so.

Great update DD!

Pain salve - CHECK
Capsules - CHECK
Saving money - CHECK
Taste identification - CHECK (finally!)
Transplant - CHECK

:welldone:
That's really awesome DD - everything came together real nicely for you. :high-five::passitleft:
Enjoy having the MIL around! Hopefully you get a gap to do some transplanting in the next week or so.

Thanks guys. It’s been a hoot.
:high-five:

Here’s this:
A running theme

View media item 1701627

Aftermath

Hi folks. Well, we got it done. MIL arrives today and there is nothing for her to stumble upon. You wouldn’t know what’s going on here if we didn’t tell you.

I followed @Amy Gardner ’s excellent directions for infusing oil. I adapted the recipe slightly using 20g instead of 9g to a cup of organic, cold pressed EVOO.

I decarbed at 115*C for 90min in a closed foil pouch. This was my nod to preserving terpenes as I did not refrigerate or freeze the material between decarboxylation and infusion. Getting it done.

Infused at 85*C for 7hrs.

Half of it went this way: (@SweetSue ’s body butter pain cream...)

And then in to jars..

And half had lecithin added, then after 24hrs we could fill some capsules.

And there are two of my goals complete. The pain cream works a charm. Neck already a better place to be. Use will be ongoing.

It makes me smile that it was free. At the price we had been paying each tub of pain cream would have cost a hundred dollars.

The capsules are great! They work a charm. One gave me pain relief for hours yesterday. It was remarkable. Two is a slight buzz. Five before a bath is ok too :laugh: I haven’t yet crunched our guesses through the spreadsheet to calculate the dose more scientifically.

So the harvest is all packed down into 7 jars now for burping.

The taste has been driving me crazy. I thought it reminded me of strawberry bubblegum, but it’s mango! The exhale tastes just like a mango lassi. I’ve never tasted anything like this. Potent too! :p

Then I had to do something with the veg area. Roots weren’t as full as I would’ve liked for transplanting, but we won’t get a chance to do anything here for the next 3 weeks.

They don’t have the protection of a heater any more. In fact they have the opposite. It has been snowing here for the last couple of days. Temperatures are not likely to reach double figures in the tent - the HPS has been packed away.
Fingers crossed for signs of life a month from now.

Keep free!

I live were weather like that is normal during the winter, remember what lettuce will do in your freezer at that temp. :straightface:

Thanks for popping in, folks :)

I live were weather like that is normal during the winter, remember what lettuce will do in your freezer at that temp. :straightface:

I know exactly what you’re talking about John. Our coldest week of the year and wouldn’t you know it! :rolleyes:

If I didn’t have jars (and hence, a vape) full of gorgeous ganga I’d be much more nervous about it. Not that there is any more I can do, so there’s no point worrying anyway, right? (Wake and vape this morning canya tell?)

I did get to check on everyone yesterday and was pleasantly surprised.

After 5 days of neglect they don’t seem worse for wear. The four largest got bigger. The tall one got taller. The clones that weren’t showing roots a week ago now are. It’ll be a while yet before they get up-potted.

All in all I’m optimistic that we’ll see another Isabelle run come out of here.

Touch wood.

I splashed around a bit of grow nutes, calmag and silica then gave them a foliar Rx of neem and diatomaceous earth before zipping up.

Great journal, right out of the gate! I heard awesome montage music in my head going through your pictures :theband:
Plants are looking great! I’m excited to pull up a chair and watch the fun begin :popcorn:

And hello! :welcome: and good to see you :)

That is one of the most interesting comments I’ve read on 420 and I take it as a huge compliment :thanks:

Are you a musician? I have music in my head almost constantly - only recently found out it’s normal enough for people like us.

My bagseed Isabelles had awesome montage music too - at least whenever I opened the tent. ;)

As far as watching the fun begin, SR, I’m afraid we’re just heading in to a hiatus. While there isn’t much gardening going on at the moment there is still as much music as we can get. Took everyone to The Mikado last night and great fun was had by all.

Thanks for popping in, folks :)

I know exactly what you’re talking about John. Our coldest week of the year and wouldn’t you know it! :rolleyes:

If I didn’t have jars (and hence, a vape) full of gorgeous ganga I’d be much more nervous about it. Not that there is any more I can do, so there’s no point worrying anyway, right? (Wake and vape this morning canya tell?)

I did get to check on everyone yesterday and was pleasantly surprised.

After 5 days of neglect they don’t seem worse for wear. The four largest got bigger. The tall one got taller. The clones that weren’t showing roots a week ago now are. It’ll be a while yet before they get up-potted.

All in all I’m optimistic that we’ll see another Isabelle run come out of here.

Touch wood.

I splashed around a bit of grow nutes, calmag and silica then gave them a foliar Rx of neem and diatomaceous earth before zipping up.

And hello! :welcome: and good to see you :)

That is one of the most interesting comments I’ve read on 420 and I take it as a huge compliment :thanks:

Are you a musician? I have music in my head almost constantly - only recently found out it’s normal enough for people like us.

My bagseed Isabelles had awesome montage music too - at least whenever I opened the tent. ;)

As far as watching the fun begin, SR, I’m afraid we’re just heading in to a hiatus. While there isn’t much gardening going on at the moment there is still as much music as we can get. Took everyone to The Mikado last night and great fun was had by all.
:ganjamon:Thanks...I believe I was smoking some cookies and cream at the time :laughtwo:

Hey Donley dick looks like you just had a pretty good harvest. Interested in your pain Cream recipe. My old man makes it aswell. Do you add anything for scent? Or just leave it smelling like good ol mj

Hi CC. I’m really liking the cream. It’s making huge inroads into physical comfort for me.
Here is the link I should’ve posted last time.

The soy wax flakes I found in a local craft supplies store. It is used in candle making.
And I used 9 drops of an essential oil combination I found called ‘meditate’ by Radiance (other brands are available).
It was the least offensive on the shelf on the day. It contains: Pine, orange, cinnamon, howood whateverthatis, clove and tarragon.

I can even use it at work without raising any eyebrows.

:yummy::thumb:

Lovely harvest DD great job. I missed the whole show but watching now lol.

Thanks GH. We are enjoying the fruits now. It’s been so cold where I’ve had the jars that the end result won’t be too far from what a fridge-dried low and slow would have been.

Not finished curing and already some of the best tasting cannabis I’ve ever smoked!

Thanks for reading the story of the Bagseed Isabelles :)

At least this is still a pretty short read compared to a lot of busier journals. Whenever I turn around for a week or two I have this much just to catch up on some of my favourites.

I had planned to make their next run easier for them. We’re finding out about plans now!

There’ll be low key bits and pieces before we get to flower again for our next run, so your company will be appreciated.

:morenutes:

My dad's favorite G&S operetta. He performed it at summer camp in the 1930s, and though he remembers nothing of his past, he can still sing every note and around 80% of the lyrics.

That’s beautiful, Shed. My regards to your dad - a barn, I imagine?
There are some cracking tunes in it for sure, as in so many G&S’s.
(I respect their mix of art and comedy. Don’t get me wrong I love a good tune. I just think you don’t have to wear a blooming silk cravat in order to try to land a peanut in the horn of the second trombone from the gods).
It sounds as though your dad may have gone a bit Glen Campbell? Is that a verb yet? I mean if he can remember music and not much else.
There’s a dense, but eminently readable thing by Oliver Sacks called Musicophilia full of fascinating stories. Ask your library to hook you up on interloan? Don’t know if you have that.

It’d be trite to say ‘sorry to hear ... ‘
I’m glad your old man’s 94 Shed! I hope I’m doing half as well if I ever get there.

Terrific to see done well done live :)

I won’t link it, but you’ll be rewarded to look on YouTube (other tubes are available) for xkcd gilbert and sullivan.

Congrats on the harvest DD. What a cracking result. Those buds look amazing and a very nice yield. After seeing the pain cream you made I’m definitely going to try making some. I love a bit of info like that, great journal mate.

Congrats on the harvest DD. What a cracking result. Those buds look amazing and a very nice yield. After seeing the pain cream you made I’m definitely going to try making some. I love a bit of info like that, great journal mate.

Good to see you Lew :) Thanks for the ups! Yeah, we’re still a bit thrilled.

That’s another use I’ve found for the pain cream - I have to keep pinching myself!

The cream is super simple to make.

And thanks to a recent post I read this morning by our friend the Shed:

...I’ve discovered another layer of Lucky.
Myrcene, which gives our Isabelles their gorgeous mango flavour (I have never tasted anything like it (that wasn’t a mango!))... myrcene gives Isabelle the following superpowers: anti inflammatory, aids digestion, muscle relaxant (hadn’t even noticed the cramps had stopped), aids insomnia... and more, as well as something nifty I read somewhere else which is that myrcene helps THC across the blood/brain barrier.

Where’d I put that cream, I had to pinch myself again...

Thanks Oops! I’ve managed a nice start on the curing process. Nothing has gone as I would’ve hoped for the last week. Having this harvest behind us sure has been a buffer :)
I had a chance to stick my head in the tent briefly 5 days ago (I know, right?) and it looked like everything in there had started flowering - out of stress no doubt.
Tomorrow MIL leaves and we’ll see if there’s much to be done.
Thanks for the good wishes.
:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom