DD Stable Of Impermanence

Hey DD, just a question or two if I may.

With your new clone when do you expect to seperate her from the existing main connection?

And will it be a straight up cut or will you use some method to cut the transpiration from below the rooting zone?

Lastly which cloning solution did you use? looks like Clonex, but better to ask.

This is probably the most exciting experiment Ive seen here on 420, I really want to see how it turns out, it seems borderline genius, using straightforward principles.

Should it work Ill be sure to follow her progress.

Well done you.

Cool new cloning idea, Donkey!

:thanks:

I thought I'd wander through that interdimensional portal in DD's garden and do a little guest post.

And you are more than welcome good sir. Not least because whenever the room starts to shimmer like that and the Doctor Who theme music strikes up it is always a bit of a worry just who or what is going to step through. We’re all glad it was you.

As some of you know, I was close to not ever being able to grow again.

The Romans probably used donkey sweat as a cure for something. I had buckets of the stuff. A missed marketing opportunity, that’s all.
Actually since donkeys weren’t invented until more recently the ancient Romans would have been using ass sweat. Now that I think of it that’s not a marketing campaign I’m prepared to spearhead.

(good to see you Sy :high-five: )

DD currently grows the "Chem 91" (which is a 91 BX, not the clone-only mother), Bubba's Sis (Chem Sis x Bubba Kush) and Sour Bubba (Sour Diesel x Bubba Kush, the former itself a Chem 91 offspring/hybrid).

Bubba’s Sis just to show it’s true:

She’s been putting on weight this last week. Harvest Friday. She’ll be coming on just as the Sour Bubba runs out. I don’t have one of her currently in flower, but have been smoking some just now just to keep things relevant. ;)
It is good new and different to say the least to have a selection of useful varieties. Thanks again.

It really accentuates this very consistent look inherited from the mother: impossibly pale flowers, with impossibly deep green, shiny leaves amongst them. It's a signature of the 91.

Your shiny leaves look amazing. Waxy, almost. Is that a high brix thing? A high electrical potential in the soil making the leaves shimmer like an inter dimensional portal? That was my first thought. My second thought was that I should have sprayed mine before taking the picture to give her that wet look.

In other words, the 91 seems to reliably pass down look, structure and potency. It is no longer surprising to me that the various Chem BX/crosses etc. have made it to the top of DD's list.

Me and @Dohc007 will be pheno hunting S1s from the Chem and from the Sour Bubba for years to come.

I'm starting to understand better what people mean by "gassy". It has that effect of petrol, paint thinner etc. where the smell greets you "up front" but also hits you "in the back" of your olfactory senses. So I think I'm winning in the genetic lottery so far.

Good description.
P.S. I have an OG post to share at some point, too, to complement DD's SKOG and OG adventures!

Looking forward to that.

I hope to add the SSH OG to the list in the not too distant.

I've been so busy lately that I haven't kept up on recent posts. Please forgive me Great Donkey:adore:
I have looked at the air rooting method before but never tried it.
Really looking forward to your account of the process.:green_heart:

I respect that a man needs to practice his apologies so they ring true when they’re needed and as a friend I’m happy to help. I won’t give you performance notes here but that was a reasonably good one. Unnecessary though. You’re under the hammer mate don’t apologise.
:passitleft:
That Chem D is looking mighty fine, Donkey D.

And what an interesting idea for cloning. It looks crazy enough to work!

:thumb:

Crazy enough to work. I like it. That’s what I’m thinking too.
The Chem D btw is the other one. The Chemdog’91, the “sister” Chem Sis (katsu bluebird has a cut), and the Chem D are the clone-onlies that are still running from the original cohort. From memory (I’ll get in to trouble with Sy for making stuff up) there were seven.
(As an aside the fact that none of these bagseeds were male suggests to me an accidental S1 pollination from nanners.)

Hey DD, just a question or two if I may.

With your new clone when do you expect to seperate her from the existing main connection?

Hey DV8 :ciao:
Good question. I’ll be opening just the top of the pod to check the moisture level and give it a spritz if needed today or tomorrow. I will be flipping her on Friday. I’m really hoping roots will have started by then.

And will it be a straight up cut or will you use some method to cut the transpiration from below the rooting zone?

Whether or not a little root ball forms I anticipate burying the still weeping wound of a cut stem somewhere (¼”?) below the root zone. I’m kind of making this up as I go along. Were l a better/more organised gardener I might dip the end in tar or something, IDK. There probably is a treatment method for this.

Lastly which cloning solution did you use? looks like Clonex, but better to ask.

It’s a local knock-off/repackaging of the clonex gel. Half the price too. In a hardware chain near you across the ditch there. There’s a red one for hard wood cuttings like trees and shrubs, and the purple one we use for soft stems.

This is probably the most exciting experiment Ive seen here on 420, I really want to see how it turns out, it seems borderline genius, using straightforward principles.

I’m excited that you’re excited!
I have been called borderline [many other things]. Thanks for your kind words.

Hey look

More photos

Cured and stored for nine months I turned the last of it into rosin yesterday.

The day count, as usual, is from flipping the light cycle to 12/12.

Cheers everyone :cheer:
Stay safe.
:peace: :love:

Whether or not a little root ball forms I anticipate burying the still weeping wound of a cut stem somewhere (¼”?) below the root zone. I’m kind of making this up as I go along. Were l a better/more organised gardener I might dip the end in tar or something, IDK. There probably is a treatment method for this.
Could use aloe or honey like some people do with 'normal' cuttings. Or, since it will presumably have roots in the still damp cloning medium, maybe you could just let the cut end air dry for a bit.

It would seem to me burying the "still weeping wound" is just asking for trouble. But never dun it, so don't know.

Could use aloe or honey like some people do with 'normal' cuttings. Or, since I will presumably have roots in the still damp cloning medium, maybe you could just let the cut end air dry for a bit.

It would seem to me burying the "still weeping wound" is just asking for trouble. But never dun it, so don't know.

Thanks Azi. Manuka honey for the win.
The slightly antibiotic effect may help immunity at the wound site. Great idea.
Lucky for me you’re reading. And thanks for another reminder to get some aloes going. I’ll put that back on the list when I find it. Looking for the list has been on my list of things to do for a while. Maybe.

Thanks Azi. Manuka honey for the win.
The slightly antibiotic effect may help immunity at the wound site. Great idea.
Lucky for me you’re reading. And thanks for another reminder to get some aloes going. I’ll put that back on the list when I find it. Looking for the list has been on my list of things to do for a while. Maybe.
Yeah, probably on both sides.

I'm trying to start some extra aloe plants from a 'pup' my bigger one threw off. Supposedly if you plant it in a container with big enough drainage holes on the outside bottom of the pot (rather than underneath) new pups will form when the roots see the light.

Would be cool if it works.

I think I got my original plant in the gardening section of Home Depot or Walmart, can't remember which. Just need a really small one to get started.

Yeah, probably on both sides.

I'm trying to start some extra aloe plants from a 'pup' my bigger one threw off. Supposedly if you plant it in a container with big enough drainage holes on the outside bottom of the pot (rather than underneath) new pups will form when the roots see the light.

Would be cool if it works.

I think I got my original plant in the gardening section of Home Depot or Walmart, can't remember which. Just need a really small one to get started.
I was given an Aloe Plant in late January. I repotted it but it initially wasn't doing very well, so I dug it out and mixed in a portion of pumice for some added aeration into the soil, when doing so I felt some 'sharp bits' under the soil which I think were the 'pups'. I also have realised that the plant doesn't like frequent watering, but instead prefers to be well watered and then left to really dry out before watering again. Now, 2.5 months later, I can count about 21 pups that have breached the soil, and the plant is now looking very green and healthy.

She’s been putting on weight this last week. Harvest Friday. She’ll be coming on just as the Sour Bubba runs out. I don’t have one of her currently in flower, but have been smoking some just now just to keep things relevant. ;)
It is good new and different to say the least to have a selection of useful varieties. Thanks again.

:high-five: :thanks: :yummy:

Your shiny leaves look amazing. Waxy, almost. Is that a high brix thing? A high electrical potential in the soil making the leaves shimmer like an inter dimensional portal? That was my first thought. My second thought was that I should have sprayed mine before taking the picture to give her that wet look.

The shiny, waxy leaves along with the deep green give it an unreal kind of look - it's definitely a trait of the mother. I've seen a lot of people remark on that quality of her leaves in discussions of the real cut! If you check out Lucky Dog/Skunk VA's IG, you'll see it pretty ubiquitously throughout his crosses. Has definitely come through in the S1s. Your BX doesn't seem to have it, but if I had to pick between effects and looks, I know I'd rather the former. The SFV OG type, which is what I believe your 91 BX was backcrossed with, would not have the trait, but is probably one of the best complements they could've used in the BX, smell and potency wise.

Me and @Dohc007 will be pheno hunting S1s from the Chem and from the Sour Bubba for years to come.

That is going to be very exciting indeed. :ganjamon:

I hope to add the SSH OG to the list in the not too distant.

If that one can deliver on the promise of its parents, it would be an absolute banger.

Here's a pic of someone's 91 cut... :adore:

sheeeee.jpg

:thanks: for the great pics and write up on your air layering trial along with the as usual pics of the flowering plants! If you don't get roots on it before flipping, I don't think it means it doesn't work, just that it might take longer. I'd say leave it on after flip to see how long it does take, but use your usual trimmings for clones Justin Case.
So I think I'm winning in the genetic lottery so far.
Lovely to hear your voice again Sy! And that 91 has your name written all over it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thanks: for the great pics and write up on your air layering trial along with the as usual pics of the flowering plants! If you don't get roots on it before flipping, I don't think it means it doesn't work, just that it might take longer. I'd say leave it on after flip to see how long it does take, but use your usual trimmings for clones Justin Case.

Lovely to hear your voice again Sy! And that 91 has your name written all over it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you Shed! Lovely to hear from you and always nice to see how everyone is going. Will come catch up on your garden!

Bray DD If you see my list:nerd-with-glasses:Dag nabbit I'm always misplacing it, there is a third copy around somewhere:hmmmm:

I’ve been alternately too busy and then too much the Egyptian carp (in denial) to spend much time looking for the to-do list lately. I have a feeling I may have absent mindedly eaten it.

The shiny, waxy leaves

They’ll be the Chem leaners in the S1s I have (to look forward to). Interesting stuff, Sy.

Stevie Ray’s less famous brother Frank?

If you don't get roots on it before flipping, I don't think it means it doesn't work, just that it might take longer. I'd say leave it on after flip to see how long it does take, but use your usual trimmings for clones Justin Case.

Quite apart from my laziness/busyness and general resistance to turning the nursery on again the air layering experiment has been prolonged.

As I checked moisture levels in the pod the other day it was freely moving on the branch in precisely the wrong way for active root action.

Meanwhile the Bubba’s Sis she was going to replace in the flower room has had a stay of execution. This means the Chemdog’91 with the air layering thing (hopefully) happening has nowhere to go but back under the veg light. So the pressure is off. We’ll give her another week.

This is the first Bubba’s Sis in ages not to have been plagued by WPM. There isn’t a spot on her (that I’ve seen).

She’s only now slowing from emptying her pot every 2 days to 3 and not taking as much.

Too jiggered for a harvest this week anyway what with one thing and another. I’m glad she’s still abundantly healthy. (I hope she’s saving some for me!) Day 72 and counting...

:snowboating: go well folks.

The Bubba Sis is looking lovely DD!
Good luck with the Air Layering, I thought I read when I was looking into that a year ago that it may take a little while to get roots, fingers crossed for you.

The Bubba Sis is looking lovely DD!
Good luck with the Air Layering, I thought I read when I was looking into that a year ago that it may take a little while to get roots, fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Koro. I’m used to the cups of multicuts taking at least a couple of weeks. And that’s on a heat mat. It gets cold in the veg tent at night now.

What is this "air layering" you're talking about?

I don’t know why it is called air layering.

Experimental gardening
Experimental for me anyway. It could be a fun new hassle free way to make clones. This is a technique called air layering which I hope to use to get a branch to produce roots before I cut it from the donor plant.

It started on your thread.

Cool new cloning idea, Donkey

:high-five:

Thank you. Obviously, I didn't absorb this info when I read it in my journal. Thanks for refreshing my memory. It's bookmarked now. :battingeyelashes:

Hey 420ians :ciao:
Welcome to the

Nothing (but eye candy) to see here update

Still packing on the goodness she doesn’t look like stopping soon.

The same can be said for this foxy lady maiden. I’m squealing with quiet delight in anticipation of her no nonsense approach to mine ;)

And a whole plant picture of the Bubba’s Sis on day eighty! Who would’ve thought she’d still be with us?

In truth we’ve had work being done next to the garden and I haven’t had a clear run at it. We’ve been hosts to a tradesman who works longer than the hours he’s paid and turns up to do stuff on his days off. When he says he won’t be here. I’d be a donkey to bray to him about it, but to you folks I will happily hee-haw. It’s a damned miracle is what it is. Ha!

The only one to suffer has been my Chem stash, enjoyed as it is by one and all. As you can see backups are almost at hand. We trot on.

Nothing to report on the air layering either, except the target branch is still healthy.

The last is @Sugarleaf ’s favourite picture. It’s the little white dog hair. She wouldn’t tell the others, but he’s her favourite dog.

Be well, folks :green_heart: :headbanger:

Bubba’s Sis on day eighty is looking brilliant! Congratulations about the over-eager tradesman though. :cheesygrinsmiley:
(FTFY)
He’s here again! He said he wouldn’t be, but he is!

Here is Bubba’s Sis on day 82

I’m watching dodgy looking sugar leaves curling back towards the flowers biting my nails a bit.

One thing I love about the Bubba’s Sis is that structurally she is very robust. Unlike this floppy thing..

Thanks for visiting.

Back
Top Bottom