DD Stable Of Impermanence

Hello 420ville

Welcome to my

Stable Of Impermanence

All contributions - from the most pointy headed botanical science, to jokes about my nom de net or anything else for that matter - are openly invited and warmly welcomed.

I especially want anyone to chime in who shares the multiple frustrations of trying to use cannabis as medicine in a climate of political prohibition.

View media item 1708534
I had a not-too-shabby first round and got a dozen or so ounces out of our 3’x3’x5.5’ jungle room under 400w HPS.

The garden is still recovering having been shut down for security reasons. There were days of sub 0*C, and I was only able to look in on them once in three weeks - and I wished I didn’t.

Change is the only constant here in the Stable of Impermanence. I am changing five bagseed beauties and five of their clones back into healthy plants.

Some things change, some stay the same. Here’s the fifth in a series of five. Collect them all..

And it’s always 420 right here and we’re loving it!

I learned a lot on our first run. My goal now is to replicate that as best I can while learning other new things this time.

While I am opening the stable doors on another blooming garden I will be looking at it through the lens of ‘how can I make this medicine more effective for me?’

Don’t worry I’m not going to bore you with my problems I am not that kind of donkey. All signs, symptoms, etc - hopefully even a diagnosis one day - will be discussed either in the context of cannabis as medicine, or while vaping my own body weight.

Enough braying!

I infused another batch of oil the other day..

Sealing in a pouch and freezing after the decarboxylation is meant to preserve terpenes.

Pierce the foil lid for a pressure-releasing pin hole.

24 hrs in fridge before use to ‘set’ the chemical processes of the lecithin.

You see I put 1/3c in and got 1/4c out. Next time I’ll press the filter between some pieces of metal in a G clamp to go for that bit more.

I can’t get Shed and Old Bear’s spreadsheet to work on our crappy laptop. I tried a couple of free apps too, neither worked. As best I can figure the working out, the numbers go like this:

I’m starting with a guess. I have triangulated my perception of the potency of our bagseed Isabelles against Black Domina and S.A.G.E. and Sour and I’m starting by guessing our girls have 20% THC. It isn’t modest, but nor is Isabelle.

10g->8.8g-0.7g=8.1g @20% THC
1/3c~85ml @85% efficiency

20% of 8.1g=1.62g THC total
1.62x0.85 (efficiency) =1.4g
1.4gx85ml=0.0165
=16.5mg/ml
=8.25mg/capsule

Thanks for coming, folks!
Bring on the meds...
any good referenc es I can read to learn ? whay temps would you de-carb in crock pot (temps and time) ?

Yes some glass looks spectacular, but for those, I wonder how straight forward they are when cleaning time comes, not everyone has a bucket of fresh Iso to soak them in. I guess iso and pipe cleaners. I like the thought that's gone into the bubble tech.

I know, Koro. Right? I dare say there would be some dismay among our counterparts at having to pay $1/ml or more for ISO at the pharmacy. If it’s available which it hasn’t been since the zombie apocalypse began.
Anyway there is a glass cleaner (420 Cleaner. I was sold). A squirt top and bottom, cover and shake for a moment and it comes up new. No bottle brushes. No pipe cleaners. (They know their demographic).
I pour that out of the bong into a plastic bag and use the same cleaner on each of the other glass parts separately, just shaking it around in the juice for a minute. Not every day, but it does look nice clean. In fact it only looks nice clean.

And what's the plan for all that trim? Chop it up, stick in an olive oil jar, and use it on salads to increase your baseline daily dose? :)

In an ideal world, Azi. It’s a great idea and one I’m keeping up my sleeve.
I haven’t had a lot of creative time and energy for the kitchen lately and I don’t eat a salad every day :straightface: (thanks)
I still have heaps of the last infusion I made. It is incredibly useful to be able to take a decent dose this way. :high-five:

Sweet dab rig DD!

What happened was I found a happy home for my White Widow stock. It did nothing for me. I didn’t like the taste, the rosin or anything about it.
A friend who spent a lot of time overseas came across White Widow at a cannabis cup in Amsterdam one year. (Which year she isn’t sure - it was that good). She loves the smell, the taste and everything about it. It reminds her of happier times. Not only that but she is suitably super impressed with the quality of cannameds rocking out of the Stable. Like me she has come across a lot of rubbish over the years.
Anyway yeah, so the glass sort of happened on the back of that.
I like dabs ;)

any good referenc es I can read to learn ? whay temps would you de-carb in crock pot (temps and time) ?

Hiya @safeman of course. There is some pointy headed business about knocking off a hydroxyl bond from the acid form of THC. At the pointy end of what that means in practice here are a couple of useful references.

My apologies to whoever prepared this table I don’t remember who you are. It’s just what we are looking for and very helpful too so thanks again if you should read this :ciao:

I see you found the recipe at the front of this thread. My new pain oil and the best so far is on page 123. I use it as a base for drops which I fortify with decarbed rosin. An elderly patient (a lifetime cannabis user) with bad arthritis says a few drops stop the pain but complains that she gets ‘really stoned’. You can’t please everyone.

What I would add for using a crockpot is (my experience with my crockpot) that it will go over temperature and it needs monitoring. If I use my (spare) oven I can set and forget. That’s in the garage not in the house. Sometimes I want to use the crockpot for convenience. I use my infra red thermometer to check temps from time to time and switch it off and on again as required. You can get a pretty good job done like this.
Good luck!
Let us know how you get on?

I know, Koro. Right? I dare say there would be some dismay among our counterparts at having to pay $1/ml or more for ISO at the pharmacy. If it’s available which it hasn’t been since the zombie apocalypse began.
Anyway there is a glass cleaner (420 Cleaner. I was sold). A squirt top and bottom, cover and shake for a moment and it comes up new. No bottle brushes. No pipe cleaners. (They know their demographic).
I pour that out of the bong into a plastic bag and use the same cleaner on each of the other glass parts separately, just shaking it around in the juice for a minute. Not every day, but it does look nice clean. In fact it only looks nice clean.

In an ideal world, Azi. It’s a great idea and one I’m keeping up my sleeve.
I haven’t had a lot of creative time and energy for the kitchen lately and I don’t eat a salad every day :straightface: (thanks)
I still have heaps of the last infusion I made. It is incredibly useful to be able to take a decent dose this way. :high-five:

What happened was I found a happy home for my White Widow stock. It did nothing for me. I didn’t like the taste, the rosin or anything about it.
A friend who spent a lot of time overseas came across White Widow at a cannabis cup in Amsterdam one year. (Which year she isn’t sure - it was that good). She loves the smell, the taste and everything about it. It reminds her of happier times. Not only that but she is suitably super impressed with the quality of cannameds rocking out of the Stable. Like me she has come across a lot of rubbish over the years.
Anyway yeah, so the glass sort of happened on the back of that.
I like dabs ;)

Hiya @safeman of course. There is some pointy headed business about knocking off a hydroxyl bond from the acid form of THC. At the pointy end of what that means in practice here are a couple of useful references.

My apologies to whoever prepared this table I don’t remember who you are. It’s just what we are looking for and very helpful too so thanks again if you should read this :ciao:

I see you found the recipe at the front of this thread. My new pain oil and the best so far is on page 123. I use it as a base for drops which I fortify with decarbed rosin. An elderly patient (a lifetime cannabis user) with bad arthritis says a few drops stop the pain but complains that she gets ‘really stoned’. You can’t please everyone.
you know as one ages - our lungs work extra hard -- time to start eating edibles to save our lungs and extend one's life ? this is the quesation All elderly "heads" think about -- thoughts ?

What I would add for using a crockpot is (my experience with my crockpot) that it will go over temperature and it needs monitoring. If I use my (spare) oven I can set and forget. That’s in the garage not in the house. Sometimes I want to use the crockpot for convenience. I use my infra red thermometer to check temps from time to time and switch it off and on again as required. You can get a pretty good job done like this.
Good luck!
Let us know how you get on?
did the de-carb at 190-200 temp at 1 1/2 hr and then 1 hr on low (hell low was abiout 150 -not much difference from 200. used trim and kief - 3 sticks of butter - thinking this will be very strong stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK ALL members whom "chimmed- in" open for suggestions fro future butter (just makes no senswe to dcarb in oven and then pout in crock pot for some additional hrs. understand that one can't go higher than 300 degree temps which will cause thc degeneration

did the de-carb at 190-200 temp at 1 1/2 hr and then 1 hr on low (hell low was abiout 150 -not much difference from 200. used trim and kief - 3 sticks of butter - thinking this will be very strong stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK ALL members whom "chimmed- in" open for suggestions fro future butter (just makes no senswe to dcarb in oven and then pout in crock pot for some additional hrs. understand that one can't go higher than 300 degree temps which will cause thc degeneration
If you are doing an open decarb in oil (as opposed to say, wrapping in foil in the oven) you can also do it at lower temps for longer as was mentioned above. The lower temps preserve more terpenes and flavonoids but at the expense of having to do it longer. If you watch the oil it will make really small bubbles as the extra carbon atom is released. Once the bubbles stop it is fully decarbed. And no messing with knowing what the temperatures are at all. Just be sure they are high enough to get activity but not too high to evaporate out some of those terps that go at lower temps.

Small quantities can be done in a coffee mug on a mug warmer.

But as was also stated, I think there is real value in not decarbing fully. That way you get a mix of THC, THC-A, and CBD, and CBD-A, as well as all of the other cannabinoids. The acidic versions hit different receptors in the body in different ways and quite likely will make your medicine more effective.

you know as one ages - our lungs work extra hard -- time to start eating edibles to save our lungs and extend one's life ? this is the quesation All elderly "heads" think about -- thoughts ?

I would have to weigh out some amounts to confirm, but as a thought exercise imagine 4g of flower:
It might grind down to 10 small joints, each one taking, say 10-15 puffs to finish. (100-150 inhalations total),
It might pack 3-4 flower cups in the bong, each one taking 10-15 rips to finish. (30-60 inhalations total).
It might press to 0.8g rosin and be done in two dabs, getting 2-3 hits off of each. (4-6 inhalations total).

Each delivery method has its virtues. As an advocate of cannabinoid loading I’m not in an unbiased position to draw conclusions from the (made up) data. Show me where to apply for the research grant and I’ll see what I can do for science ;)

It will soon be seven years for me since I smoked any tobacco. For the first few of those there was no cannabis either. (Work). I definitely think it is healthier for me to smoke cannabis than to have none. I think that in terms of risk management and harm minimisation then - if combusting - a lesser number of inhalations to achieve a similar dose is more optimal. Vaping is ok for me for maintenance dosing, but when I have that breakthrough pain I don’t want to go 12 rounds with it I want to knock it out as soon as the first bell rings.

Keeping pain down is my first goal with the cannameds. Note to self: remember to fill some capsules with the dosing oil.

If you are doing an open decarb in oil (as opposed to say, wrapping in foil in the oven) you can also do it at lower temps for longer as was mentioned above. The lower temps preserve more terpines and flavanoids but at the expense of having to do it longer. If you watch the oil it will make really small bubbles as the extra carbon atom is released. Once the bubbles stop it is fully decarbed. And no messing with knowing what the temperatures are at all. Just be sure they are high enough to get activity but not too high to evaporate out some of those terps that go at lower temps.

Small quantities can be done in a coffee mug on a mug warmer.

But as was also stated, I think there is real value in not decarbing fully. That way you get a mix of THC, THC-A, and CBD, and CBD-A, as well as all of the other cannabinoids. The acidic versions hit different receptors in the body in different ways and quite likely will make your medicine more effective.

:thanks: :bravo: :popcorn:

I would have to weigh out some amounts to confirm, but as a thought exercise imagine 4g of flower:
It might grind down to 10 small joints, each one taking, say 10-15 puffs to finish. (100-150 inhalations total),
It might pack 3-4 flower cups in the bong, each one taking 10-15 rips to finish. (30-60 inhalations total).
It might press to 0.8g rosin and be done in two dabs, getting 2-3 hits off of each. (4-6 inhalations total).

Each delivery method has its virtues. As an advocate of cannabinoid loading I’m not in an unbiased position to draw conclusions from the (made up) data. Show me where to apply for the research grant and I’ll see what I can do for science ;)

It will soon be seven years for me since I smoked any tobacco. For the first few of those there was no cannabis either. (Work). I definitely think it is healthier for me to smoke cannabis than to have none. I think that in terms of risk management and harm minimisation then - if combusting - a lesser number of inhalations to achieve a similar dose is more optimal. Vaping is ok for me for maintenance dosing, but when I have that breakthrough pain I don’t want to go 12 rounds with it I want to knock it out as soon as the first bell rings.

Keeping pain down is my first goal with the cannameds. Note to self: remember to fill some capsules with the dosing oil.

But you also should account for loss, i.e. what literally goes "up in smoke." When you combust the herb you lose some (I would argue a non-trivial amount) to smoke that never makes it into you lungs as you pause between tokes while the joint keeps on burning and smoking.

With edibles you get everything there is to get with the exception of some of the terpenes and flavonoids that evaporate at the lower temperatures.

Of course there is a difference as well in how the body process it. With smoke it goes essentially directly into the blood stream through the lungs, while with edibles it gets digested and converted to other things in the liver before having its effect. So, a more instant effect with smoking vs a delayed reaction (sometimes by hours) with edibles.

I'm going to try @bluter 's infused vegetable glycerine tincture recipe with my next harvest in a few weeks. A few drops under the tongue, some of which gets absorbed directly into the blood stream via the artery than lies close to the surface there when you hold it there for a minute or so, and some gets swallowed to get digested and go through that route.

So, a foot in both worlds if you will. Bluter says he's had quite positive reviews from those with whom he's shared it.

This would seem the most effective use of a limited supply of product, and most certainly if you had to buy it. If you're growing as much as you need and more, losing some to whatever method is less of an issue.

But you also should account for loss, i.e. what literally goes "up in smoke." When you combust the herb you lose some (I would argue a non-trivial amount) to smoke that never makes it into you lungs as you pause between takes while the joint keeps on burning and smoking.

With edibles you get everything there is to get with the exception of some of the terpenes and flavonoids that evaporate at the lower temperatures.

Of course there is a difference as well in how the body process it. With smoke it goes essentially directly into the blood stream through the lungs, while with edibles it gets digested and converted to other things in the liver before having its effect. So, a more instant effect with smoking vs a delayed reaction (sometimes by hours) with edibles.

I'm going to try @bluter 's infused vegetable glycerine tincture recipe with my next harvest in a few weeks. A few drops under the tongue, some of which gets absorbed directly into the blood stream via the artery than lies close to the surface there when you hold it there for a minute or so, and some gets swallowed to get digested and go through that route.

So, a foot in both worlds if you will. Bluter says he's had quite positive reviews from those with whom he's shared it.

This would seem the most effective use of a limited supply of product, and most certainly if you had to buy it. If you're growing as much as you need and more, losing some to whatever method is less of an issue.

there are many ways to get there. i do both thc and cbd based canna pills as well as a regular regimen alongside daily vitamins.

there are many ways to get there. i do both thc and cbd based canna pills as well as a regular regimen alongside daily vitamins.
Right. I guess I was more comparing combustion methods to edibles and the amount of the available goodies in your bud that actually make it into your body to work their magic.

Glad you found something that works !!! marijuana a interesting plant put here ny Mother Nature Hey and thanks for the guide ! Peace

So, a foot in both worlds if you will.
As within, so without :meditate:
(The best way to make a dent in your stash is to use it. I think that’s what that means).

That’s beaut, blute :high-five: cheers
Glad you found something that works !!! marijuana a interesting plant put here ny Mother Nature Hey and thanks for the guide ! Peace

:peace: :love: :morenutes:

Congrats on the new and clean dab rig as well as the harvest DD! They both look sparkling. :)

FTFY ;)

The new Chem stash is sparkling in the fridge now and looking incredible.

Phew :passitleft: good idea.

Braying in the stalls

Good to see you folks.
Correlation isn’t causation, but I gotta say the donkey has been a better place to be the last few days.

Thanks for the reminders. :circle-of-love:

I’ve just finished the last of her stores this morning. She’s nice to have around.

:yahoo:

:slide:

:headbanger:

:cool:

:thanks: for your help!

Stable Days

I got up underneath her at last (RL distractions, mumble mutter) to trim away anything below the last topping she had. Photos didn’t have much to communicate. In silhouette underneath there are a few leaves before and a few less after. She is still as dense as anything from above.

Yummy garden as always! :peace::green_heart::Namaste:

:thanks: CC! Nice of you to say so.
I’ll tell you what else is yummy...

Mm hmm. That was the last of the 6.6oz of the February chemdog.
The (yummy) March chemdog came in at 4.8oz.
Dense, delicious and also lightly seeded :yahoo: It punches above its weight.

Thank goodness (and 420 Magazine) for pain relief!

And thanks for looking in on me.
Hope you’re well.
:peace: :love:

Stable Days

I got up underneath her at last (RL distractions, mumble mutter) to trim away anything below the last topping she had. Photos didn’t have much to communicate. In silhouette underneath there are a few leaves before and a few less after. She is still as dense as anything from above.

:thanks: CC! Nice of you to say so.
I’ll tell you what else is yummy...

Mm hmm. That was the last of the 6.6oz of the February chemdog.
The (yummy) March chemdog came in at 4.8oz.
Dense, delicious and also lightly seeded :yahoo: It punches above its weight.

Thank goodness (and 420 Magazine) for pain relief!

And thanks for looking in on me.
Hope you’re well.
:peace: :love:
NIce report and show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is that "cheese" strain ?

NIce report and show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is that "cheese" strain ?

Nope. I’ve looked all around and the only cheesy thing I can see is my own grin.

View media item 1864185
The only strain was the photographer’s endless chatter. Artists!

I’d love to try a cheesy strain of actual cannabis though. Is it just what skunk got called in the UK or is it something else?

I remember some (alleged) skunk doing the rounds here about 20 years ago. Sure was stinky.

Here are those pics from under the GSC the other day.

I told you they were useless.

Lighter trimmers, @Regrowth do your hands a favour. There isn’t a reference for scale there but they pinch between thumb and finger. You can trim for days and hardly notice ;)

:headbanger:

Those trimmers look alright, DD. But it's not the hands that bother me tbh.
It always gets to my back more than anything else. And even when it doesn't,
it's just the endless hours that go into it that make it exhausting. I just need to learn to be less of a perfectionist and when to toss things into the trim pile that aren't worth the hassle. It would probably help to trim a single cola at a time as well instead of these branches that become really hard to manage. It feels like you're juggling and trimming at the same time. I'll get better at it or lazier one day... Cheers, brother. Your stable is looking awesome at the moment.

Lighter trimmers, @Regrowth do your hands a favour. There isn’t a reference for scale there but they pinch between thumb and finger. You can trim for days and hardly notice ;)
I want that! (I feel like a two year old :laughtwo:)

MUUZLL 3 Pack 4.1Inch Bonsai Pruning Scissors

1664481466050.png

$4 bucks for a three pack? Imma give it a try. Thanks for the idea, Donkey!

Back
Top Bottom