DD Stable Of Impermanence

Has anyone seen some extra time laying around by chance? I know I lost it somewhere around here...

If you left it anywhere near the gravity well we’re out of luck sorry. Someone dropped the bucket in without tying the rope on.

the afterparty

I took my time with the rest of the chem. I started trimming last night - it was too hot and still of a day for trimming noisy cannabis in a quiet suburban street yesterday - and finished this morning. Halfway through I thought gee I’ve harvested whole plants for less of a yield. Considering the 3.8oz she gave us a few weeks back this plant has been a wee beauty, no bounty, I mean a beauty wee bounty.

She’s washed and dripping now.
Look though:

:party: :theband: :tommy: :party:
:slide: :yahoo: :cool:
That’s just from trimming and washing. There will be more as we go, joining the Sour Bubba seeds which now number over 100.

It’s a relief. The way you people might say it’s a weight off your mind - it’s a load off my ass! :tommy:

IN OTHER NEWS

The Cookies have been flipped. That’s one a week for the last four.

The twenty tops I nipped a week or two back all look like this now. After stretch I want to strip everything south of those forks. #nolarfingmatter

I think these branches will stay where they are when they have a bit more weight on them in a few week’s time.

Canopy control again, zoomed out a step.

Back to waiting..

Thanks for your canopy company.
:ciao:

Got me rolling on a few instances with the last update.
:passitleft: Needed that!
Someone dropped the bucket in without tying the rope on.
Well shit... that was me dammit!
The twenty tops I nipped a week or two back all look like this now. After stretch I want to strip everything south of those forks. #nolarfingmatter
Nice!!! I need to keep a close eye on yours and attempt to mimic this with my C99 plants. Other varieties, the breeder says to leave them as is. For the C99, he says to top and train. I want to top and train them all! LOL

I didn't train my GSC enough last time and had too much larfy growth. Are you just familiar with the variety to know it can handle a certain number of colas? Or be pushed to the limit and have a large number of colas and just feed accordingly?

Are you just familiar with the variety to know it can handle a certain number of colas? Or be pushed to the limit and have a large number of colas and just feed accordingly?

I don’t know that it is really dependent on the variety. I’ve only grown 20(ish)+ varieties and I do them all like this.

I think that veg time/ pot size/ root health are the things that let you stack a heavy plant up on a stick in the sod.

The more tops you have the better you are using your light. If I look across the room from underneath I want to see the wall on the other side of the room. No matter how many plants in the room. This tells me air flow is ok. But if I look down from the light I don’t want to be able to see the floor. I’m not growing floors! ;)

Your Chem 91 is inspirational Donkey! I gotta get mine wet! Maybe the grow after this one coming.

Thanks for saying so Stone. Standing next to her (heads like hammers!) and smelling her (with this nose) is super impressive. I’m glad I managed to convey something of that up here. Cheers!

Flowers are most definitely there!

They are where I want to be, that’s mos’ def’ and - let me take a moment to thank goodness - they are also everywhere I want to be if you see what I mean.

LOW AND SLOW

Managing the transition from fridge to jar while the chemdog dries and cures. I’ve been quite keen to get these particular jars refilled.

A couple of quick pics and a brief infomumble in case it helps anyone.

Depending on bud density I expect to start transitioning flower from fridge to jar between 7-10 days after harvest.

I don’t want it to spend a day too long in the fridge if I want it to taste the best it can. When flowers first start to feel crispy dry on the outside and lighter in their bags I jar them for 12 hrs and see what happens.

I keep an eye on the probe. In the first instance the humidity in the jar dips. I want it to bottom out in the 50’s. If it dips in the 40’s before turning around I find the taste isn’t there so much.

The first photo was as the probe was heading back up to the 70’s. That’s normal, that’s what you want. Then the whole harvest goes into 1 large paper bag and into the fridge overnight.

For denser buds I expect to do this 2 or 3 times. As luck would have it I picked the right day to do this and it only went back into the fridge once.

The next day down into the fifties again. Sat at 64 after 12 hrs so I left the lids on and retested in the morning...

Perfect.
The last bit of moisture gets drawn out of the stalks rehydrating the flowers and giving them a fluffy texture again.
And it burns perfectly already (quality control, you understand).

So the remainder of the 3.8 oz from her tops a couple of weeks ago (which there isn’t much of) gets turned into rosin.

Together with 2.8 oz of mids and lowers she gave us 6.6 oz.

Day 58 for her today. I’ve had to splint a couple of tops that bent over.

These two pics are reposts from elsewhere in the forum.

:snowboating: Thanks for reading! :headbanger:

Congrats on the harvest, Donkey and for the info on your drying and curing method. I'm planning on trying the low and slow method with my Gelatos as I believe I'm having a hard time making rosin because my buds are too dry.

Nice job DD! Looking stellar!

Thanks Stunger. I thought I saw a donkey constellation the other night. It turned out just to be the way light was bending through the vapour cloud :)

6.6 baby! Sweet haul!

:thanks: yeah it turned out well. I’m stoked that my best yield in an age is also of some of the best bud (here) ever! and not White Widow.

Congrats on the harvest, Donkey and for the info on your drying and curing method. I'm planning on trying the low and slow method with my Gelatos as I believe I'm having a hard time making rosin because my buds are too dry.

Hey HG. I want to give you a :hug: for your trials and an atta-Girl for your perseverance :high-five: it will be worth it!

I ran a gelato cross for a while. It really made tasty rosin.

:peace: :love: :morenutes:

Hey Donkey. I'd like to sit in if that's alright. Seems I've missed quite a bit (years even), but I'll make my way back here from the beginning and try to catch up. Cheers.

Azi

Hey Azi. Good to see you in the Stable. I count most of the 420 Mag community as Stabilisers, just quietly, whether or not you read these Pages Of Impermanence.
If you do go back and read for heaven’s sake skim. It wasn’t til about halfway along that I started to think I might survive when I started to consider things like readability.
(Thank goodness (and 420Mag) for ways to weaponise cannabis in the battles against pain, just btw.)

And OK. An unscientific anecdotal update on cannameds for improving quality of life: just atm into three weeks this time of not sleeping (for example; sleep is not the problem pain is) ... of not sleeping more than three hours without pain getting me up. By spending a concerted hour before bed getting as much chem rosin as I can into me I can turn those three hours into five. This is a triumph I may have failed to fully convey if I didn’t add this sentence after reading back.
I can increase dosages for day time pain (that’s the other 21 hrs) to the point now where I had a half dozen unpleasant things happening (generally related to having my guts in upside down, back to front and inside out) which were all familiar but foreign til I worked out: usually this particular grab bag of nastiness would be accompanied by and largely drowned out by a sharp, bright thing which tends to stop breath and movement and put a donkey down on all four knees. I know, that’s a lot of knees, right? And that’s about all that’s funny about it which is why I don’t write about it.

It just made me think that someone dropping in at the end could think I’m having a laugh, so yes. Prohibition, mumble blah blah blah. I need to remember to reference the point of all of this from time to time in case.. well, anyway. We’ll just fade that mumblage out like a radio edit of the more popular club mix that it isn’t annnd...

*snap*

You’re back in the room.

Congratulations on the harvest DD and that Chemdog is looking like a sugar bomb :green_heart:

I want to roll in it, eat it, sleep in it, wear it like perfume, wear it like clothes! But mainly I want to smoke it. Squish it and smoke it.
:passitleft:

By spending a concerted hour before bed getting as much chem rosin as I can into me I can turn those three hours into five. This is a triumph I may have failed to fully convey if I didn’t add this sentence after reading back.
I can increase dosages for day time pain (that’s the other 21 hrs) to the point now where I had a half dozen unpleasant things happening (generally related to having my guts in upside down, back to front and inside out) which were all familiar but foreign til I worked out: usually this particular grab bag of nastiness would be accompanied by and largely drowned out by a sharp, bright thing which tends to stop breath and movement and put a donkey down on all four knees. I know, that’s a lot of knees, right? And that’s about all that’s funny about it which is why I don’t write about it.
Have you ever tried the acidic version of our favorite plant? Might help with whatever it is tossing your guts around. I have a condition that is similar to Crohn's disease and that's the way I have done it since the beginning. Knocked it right down and made it so I could eat normal again.

Dr William Courtney is who I got the idea from and he makes the case that one should treat the raw plant, primarily leaves, as a dietary essential, juicing them or adding them to smoothies. And, because there is no psychoactive effect, one can take much higher doses, which gets more cannabinoids into the body which can lead to better homeostasis impacts.

Don't know if that would help with the pain since that's probably more a nervous system and blood/brain issue, but it might help knock down (or at least dull the edge) of whatever the underlying cause is at least for your gut.

You never know until you try, I guess. The trichomes are generally dissolvable in oils, so I chop up whole flowers really fine and soak and store them in olive oil which I then use cold on salads and such. It's a bit of an acquired taste, but for me I like the taste of being able to eat again without the anxiety and fear of what usually came next.

I especially want anyone to chime in who shares the multiple frustrations of trying to use cannabis as medicine in a climate of political prohibition.
Yeah, that's me. :confused: I live in a state with a medical cannabis program and anyone can get a license if you have one of the two dozen or so "qualifying conditions." My condition is very similar to Crohn's disease which is on the list. Unfortunately (?) it is not Crohn's disease, and is not popular enough, apparently, for all those "medical experts" called politicians to deem it worthy of making the list.

Who the hell are they to determine what I can and can't do to improve my health?! That should be between me and my doctor. If we think it will help, then I should be legally able to try it. (And, news flash: it totally works and without ANY side effects unlike every other drug they push on you for any ailment.)

For my condition, the accepted medical answer is steroids. The problem is that mine is a chronic condition that is ever ongoing, and every doctor I've ever spoken to says taking steroids long term is a very bad idea, what with all the side effects.

I think it's damn near criminal to deny someone a medical treatment that might help them because you (as a politician) have been brainwashed by a seventy year political propaganda campaign that was originally intended as a racist effort to suppress voting and paid for by special interests whose business would be decimated by this plant (originally pulp and paper for newsprint with Wm Randolph Hurst, and now the drug and private prison system consortium).

So yeah, I'm with you on that!

*** Rant over***

But that did feel good getting that out. :)

Have you ever tried the acidic version of our favorite plant?

THCA, the raw or undecarbed version of one of our favourite molecules. Yes. I use raw fan leaves as a base for the infusions I make now.
THCA does a lot of the anti inflammatory stuff that CBD also does, but THCA does it without weakening the bond between THC and nerve receptors. Anyone who takes useful doses of CBD knows how difficult it is to then get a cannabis-like effect from their regular THC dose.
THC itself is very useful in pain management.

juicing them or adding them to smoothies.

A great idea! I used to have a wheatgrass juicer. It would have been ideal. I saw one in a charity shop not too long ago. I shall keep my eyes peeled again.

Don't know if that would help with the pain since that's probably more a nervous system and blood/brain issue, but it might help knock down (or at least dull the edge) of whatever the underlying cause is at least for your gut.

Current thinking here is that the pain I experience is from developmental issues which are unlikely to come right.

I chop up whole flowers really fine and soak and store them in olive oil which I then use cold on salads and such.

Another great idea :idea:
:thanks:

It's a bit of an acquired taste, but for me I like the taste of being able to eat again without the anxiety and fear of what usually came next.

:high-five: hell yeah! Hallelujah to that.

if you have one of the two dozen or so "qualifying conditions." My condition is very similar to Crohn's disease which is on the list. Unfortunately (?) it is not Crohn's disease, and is not popular enough, apparently, for all those "medical experts" called politicians to deem it worthy of making the list.

Yep. Same here. Chronic pain is not on the list. Even though a dozen doctors want me to use cannabis they can’t make it legal for me. Our society is more crippled than either of our guts, I think.

deny someone a medical treatment that might help them because you (as a politician) have been brainwashed by a seventy year political propaganda campaign that was originally intended as a racist effort to suppress voting and paid for by special interests whose business would be decimated by this plant

A curse on Harry Anslinger’s dead bones!

Living with IBS or anything Crohn’s-like is no cakewalk! I admire your tenacity.

It’s fun to find new ways to medicate and you have made some great suggestions. Another reason to eat more salads, thank you, is for that infused oil. You can make vinaigrette or mayonnaise with it too, yes?

Thanks for your input, Azi! Salads just got better for everyone reading this, coz how can you not do this from now on now that you’ve heard about it? ;)

It wasn’t til about halfway along that I started to think I might survive when I started to consider things like readability.
All I know is that the opening post in this thread is a brilliant tutorial, so this place was off to an excellent start.
I can into me I can turn those three hours into five. This is a triumph I may have failed to fully convey if I didn’t add this sentence after reading back.
:love:
*snap*
You’re back in the room.
One of my many favorite Little Britain sketches. I use that phrase often!
A great idea! I used to have a wheatgrass juicer. It would have been ideal. I saw one in a charity shop not too long ago. I shall keep my eyes peeled again.
Sounds like a great excuse to check out the jumble sales!

Another reason to eat more salads, thank you, is for that infused oil. You can make vinaigrette or mayonnaise with it too, yes?
Probably can. I just use the straight olive oil with the raw, chopped up flower on my salads.

The oil is just useful to dissolve the cannabinoids and make them easier for the body to process.

Plus, there is complete extraction of all the goodies since you're just eating the whole thing. Nothing left behind in a filter of any sort.

I've actually run out of flower so am now chopping up leaves and soaking them in the oil to tide me over. I just took some cuttings today and everything that got trimmed off went straight into the bottle (after a battle with a kitchen knife, if course).

Next harvest isn't for a few more weeks. I grow in a cabinet and outfitted a new one last year and put it in a new location so it's taken me some time to figure out how to get things to grow properly in it.

I lost a round of clones because of low humidity issues, but that just gave me an opportunity to diy a solution.

I have another round started today so fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom