DD Stable Of Impermanence

Anyone who takes useful doses of CBD knows how difficult it is to then get a cannabis-like effect from their regular THC dose.
CBD has offsetting properties to the psychoactive effect and some people take some if they've taken a few too many hits of the THC molecule to help reduce the impact. The CBD molecule partially occupies the THC receptor blocking the THC molecule from fitting properly, is how I understand it.

I've actually run out of flower so am now chopping up leaves and soaking them in the oil to tide me over. I just took some cuttings today and everything that got trimmed off went straight into the bottle (after a battle with a kitchen knife, if course).
Would it work to put the leaves and/or flowers in a food processor with some olive oil and really get them blended together? Creating a concentrated paste that you could store in the fridge and then add to salads maybe?
CBD has offsetting properties to the psychoactive effect and some people take some if they've taken a few too many hits of the THC molecule to help reduce the impact. The CBD molecule partially occupies the THC receptor blocking the THC molecule from fitting properly, is how I understand it.
I have read that smelling black pepper and chewing on a peppercorn will do something similar in a pinch. More folks have pepper than a straight CBD variety on hand!

Would it work to put the leaves and/or flowers in a food processor with some olive oil and really get them blended together? Creating a concentrated paste that you could store in the fridge and then add to salads maybe?

I have read that smelling black pepper and chewing on a peppercorn will do something similar in a pinch. More folks have pepper than a straight CBD variety on hand!
I think that would work great. You could even freeze ice cube trays full of the paste and pull out individual cubes as needed. I have more of a need than I have available material so it doesn't last very long for me. I have pretty small plants if you'll recall, and I eat a salad 5 days a week.

The pepper thing is interesting. Many plants, fruits and spices have terpenes and flavanoids that have medicinal effects. Take lemons, for example. Or how about eating a mango before using cannabis which is said to increase the effects. I forget the compound in mangos that has the enhancement effect but it's pretty well documented.

How long are you leaving the flowers/ fan leaves in the oil before eating?

This is great information, I'm going to have to give it a try, ive never eaten the leaves or flowers in a salad

All I know is that the opening post in this thread is a brilliant tutorial, so this place was off to an excellent start.

Thank you, Shed.

:cheesygrinsmiley:
Well, I don’t mean to bray but..
Living with IBS or anything Crohn’s-like is no cakewalk!
No?

It weakens the bond of THC at the receptor sites on the CD1 and CD2 receptors. I think all chemistry is physics really. Whether the bond is chemical or mechanical it is safe to say CBD ‘knocks THC off’ the receptors.

And yes, CBD cigarettes (cannagarettes? Anybody?) are smoked as first aid for overdoing it with the THC. It helps @Sugarleaf immensely. Also good first aid for this is massive (10-15000mg) doses of a good vitamin C. This helps your liver to metabolise the THC and get some clearance going on your blood stream.

Interestingly, CBD knocking THC off of the CD1and2 receptors isn’t where the story ends for the THC. CBD also inhibits the liver enzyme that breaks THC down. This means that while THC may have a weaker bond with these receptors (which are all over the body by the way, in every organ) it stays in circulation in the body for longer, allowing it to do more, theoretically, than it might have. :nerd-with-glasses:

Caryophylene is the terpene in black pepper which is also present in varying degrees in cannabis. It has anti inflammatory properties.

Cannabinoids and endocannabinoids are not the only molecules that bind with our CD1 and CD2 receptors. Terpenes can too.

I imagine that chewing pepper corns for a remedial effect if that’s what you are doing it for would have the extra bonus of giving you something else entirely to think about than (other) anxieties? So there’s that.

Or how about eating a mango before using cannabis which is said to increase the effects. I forget the compound in mangos that has the enhancement effect but it's pretty well documented.

Myrcene is our mango flavoured friend. Found to assist in ‘the entourage effect’ by helping THC cross the blood/brain barrier.
A cup of lemongrass tea for a myrcene kick if mangoes are out of season.

How long are you leaving the flowers/ fan leaves in the oil before eating?

This is great information, I'm going to have to give it a try, ive never eaten the leaves or flowers in a salad

Well, since I'm eating the flower along with the oil there really is no minimum time for extract. I imagine that letting it sit a day or so will have dissolved all of the trichomes into the oil. I buy a 25 oz bottle of oil and use 2 tbl or 1 oz per day, so that's 5 days a week on a salad and one day on the weekend on pizza, or rice, or whatever else is on the menu for the month.

And you can calibrate your dose by how much you add initially to the oil. So if you wanted a particular level of milligrams as a base level, you just multiply the grams of flower you add by the percentage of stated cannabinoids by the breeder and divide that by 25 servings (in my case).

So, if I put 10 grams of a 15% strain into 25 oz's of oil, that's 10,000 mg x 0.15 = 1500 mg / 25 = 60 mg per 1 oz serving.

It's not exactly comparable to heated flower because you're not losing any of the terpenes to evaporation or any filtering material, but you can take much higher doses of the raw flower so it doesn't really matter all that much. I think Dr Courtney says 10x as much or some such. It really becomes a taste issue as it is a bit of an "acquired taste." And I chop up the leaves and flowers pretty finely, so it looks just like any other infused olive oil you can buy with herbs suspended in the oil.

Just be sure to shake the bottle gently to remix the herb before pouring since it will settle at the bottom of the bottle in storage.

Edited to say: I should also point out that the cannabis plant material can be difficult to digest for some people so, in that case, filtering out that plant material might make it easier on your system.

It weakens the bond of THC at the receptor sites on the CD1 and CD2 receptors. I think all chemistry is physics really. Whether the bond is chemical or mechanical it is safe to say CBD ‘knocks THC off’ the receptors.

And yes, CBD cigarettes (cannagarettes? Anybody?) are smoked as first aid for overdoing it with the THC. It helps @Sugarleaf immensely. Also good first aid for this is massive (10-15000mg) doses of a good vitamin C. This helps your liver to metabolise the THC and get some clearance going on your blood stream.

Interestingly, CBD knocking THC off of the CD1and2 receptors isn’t where the story ends for the THC. CBD also inhibits the liver enzyme that breaks THC down. This means that while THC may have a weaker bond with these receptors (which are all over the body by the way, in every organ) it stays in circulation in the body for longer, allowing it to do more, theoretically, than it might have. :nerd-with-glasses:

Caryophylene is the terpene in black pepper which is also present in varying degrees in cannabis. It has anti inflammatory properties.

Cannabinoids and endocannabinoids are not the only molecules that bind with our CD1 and CD2 receptors. Terpenes can too.

I imagine that chewing pepper corns for a remedial effect if that’s what you are doing it for would have the extra bonus of giving you something else entirely to think about than (other) anxieties? So there’s that.

Myrcene is our mango flavoured friend. Found to assist in ‘the entourage effect’ by helping THC cross the blood/brain barrier.
A cup of lemongrass tea for a myrcene kick if mangoes are out of season
Ah, that's some good Intel, right there! :thanks:

Well, since I'm eating the flower along with the oil there really is no minimum time for extract. I imagine that letting it sit a day or so will have dissolved all of the trichomes into the oil. I buy a 25 oz bottle of oil and use 2 tbl or 1 oz per day, so that's 5 days a week on a salad and one day on the weekend on pizza, or rice, or whatever else is on the menu for the month.

And you can calibrate your dose by how much you add initially to the oil. So if you wanted a particular level of milligrams as a base level, you just multiply the grams of flower you add by the percentage of stated cannabinoids by the breeder and divide that by 25 servings (in my case).

So, if I put 10 grams of a 15% strain into 25 oz's of oil, that's 10,000 mg x 0.15 = 1500 mg / 25 = 60 mg per 1 oz serving.

It's not exactly comparable to heated flower because you're not losing any of the terpenes to evaporation or any filtering material, but you can take much higher doses of the raw flower so it doesn't really matter all that much. I think Dr Courtney says 10x as much or some such. It really becomes a taste issue as it is a bit of an "acquired taste." And I chop up the leaves and flowers pretty finely, so it looks just like any other infused olive oil you can buy with herbs suspended in the oil.

Just be sure to shake the bottle gently to remix the herb before pouring since it will settle at the bottom of the bottle in storage.

Edited to say: I should also point out that the cannabis plant material can be difficult to digest for some people so, in that case, filtering out that plant material might make it easier on your system.
A word of caution though for anyone that's going to try this: You want to keep the plant material submerged to avoid mold. Anything in the bottle should be fine since you can swish the contents around and most everything will slide back down.

But the area around the spout is where to keep an eye out. My bottle has little teeth right at the opening which tends to grab some of the plant matter and then it can sit there exposed to air. No bueno.

It's not a big deal, but just something to watch out for.

Stable days

Hi all. I hope all is good with everyone?

A quiet enough week in the flower room. Not counting some loud smells of course.

She is on day 65 now and still packing. Every day I go over this plant with a torch and look at every flower from every angle. No sign of the dreaded bud rot that hit her stable mate six weeks ago.
:slide:

I’m reloading this photo for reference. I had taken 20 tips a couple of weeks before flipping her. On flip day she had three clear nodes on each new forked branch. Today, day 16, she has six clear nodes on each future top, each node with a promising pom pom. When she is done stretching I intend to strip everything south of her last topping.

I lowered the GSC by 4” today and the SKOG and the Chem 2” each.

Bringing on the meds :headbanger:
Stay green.
:green_heart:

I often have similar intentions but when it comes to it I find it hard to actually do it. :rolleyes:
I can sure relate to that :thedoubletake:
Yup! Happens each time with me. I always have those intentions, and would like to try a "#Nolarf" grow, but I get scissor shy on snipping too much at once. Then I end up with some plenty of larf :rolleyes::oops:

:rofl:

Cheers 420 Magazine

Thanks Rob @420 for my favourite new coffee cup :high-five:
And thanks again for everyone who told Rob where to post it when you voted the Stable for Grow Journal Of The Year :adore:
I’m still dizzy. No, more so than usual ;)

I often have similar intentions but when it comes to it I find it hard to actually do it. :rolleyes:

I can sure relate to that :thedoubletake:

Yup! Happens each time with me. I always have those intentions, and would like to try a "#Nolarf" grow, but I get scissor shy on snipping too much at once. Then I end up with some plenty of larf :rolleyes::oops:

:rofl:

It is a luxury I don’t take for granted that my medicine jars are well stocked enough I don’t need to be too anxious about collecting anything but A grade tops and mids. :p

So here is the plant in question. You can see a stick pointing at the place she was last topped and you can see there isn’t much under here at this level. This is the way I set this one up because I wanted to strip it south of here. She had 3-4 nodes clear each side of this last topping on flip day. Today there are 6-7 clear on each side and I’m not expecting much more vegetative growth just stacking now.

Ok it’s the exception that proves the rule and there are one or two runners underneath that weren’t topped but will still make it past the snips. I’ll post pics at each stage. Like I said last time I topped her I counted 20 pieces when I finished. Part of clearing underneath will be to keep maximum airflow through what could be a cosy canopy.

Chemdog’91 harvest

The Stable

Got glass! I cleaned it to show you guys. You can see it didn’t stay that way long. I feel like I live on the edge of nowhere. The folks in the shop have never sold a dab rig before even though they stock a few parts. I’m starting to get the hang of it. Tons of room for practice yet. :tommy:
I had to go back for the extension. It looks like it’s for clearance on a donkey’s nose, but it’s so I can see what I’m doing dabbing.
Even with the flower cup it’s been my go-to for a couple of days. I’m not a fan of coughing though. Getting used to having smaller hits will be the trick.
I made some more rosin today out of chem flower. More research required, but with a hot glass nail in a 45° banger and some intermittent heat underneath a technique is becoming apparent. So far so good.
:bong:

See ya!
:ciao:

Look after yourselves.

Got glass! I cleaned it to show you guys. You can see it didn’t stay that way long. I feel like I live on the edge of nowhere. The folks in the shop have never sold a dab rig before even though they stock a few parts. I’m starting to get the hang of it. Tons of room for practice yet. :tommy:
Nice glass there DD, looks interesting altho I know nothing of rebubblers and dabbing. Glad the garden meds are high quality and you're doing a good job at keeping them replenished.

Nice glass there DD, looks interesting altho I know nothing of rebubblers and dabbing. Glad the garden meds are high quality and you're doing a good job at keeping them replenished.

Cheers Koro. Apparently the smaller you can make the bubbles the more effective the water is, only contacting the smoke as it does on the outside of each bubble if you see what I mean. That’s about the extent of the research I did before getting one.
The more complicated ones have baffles and vacuum chambers and god knows. Some of them look like entries in the all comers section of the hiccuping contest at a glass blowers’ convention.

Cheers Koro. Apparently the smaller you can make the bubbles the more effective the water is, only contacting the smoke as it does on the outside of each bubble if you see what I mean. That’s about the extent of the research I did before getting one.
The more complicated ones have baffles and vacuum chambers and god knows. Some of them look like entries in the all comers section of the hiccuping contest at a glass blowers’ convention.
Yes some glass looks spectacular, but for those, I wonder how straight forward they are when cleaning time comes, not everyone has a bucket of fresh Iso to soak them in. I guess iso and pipe cleaners. I like the thought that's gone into the bubble tech.

Back
Top Bottom