HD's Soil 1200w Sour Diesel CloneFest - 2nd indoor

I wish I could hold out posting pics so often, the pics are so much better when you post like you did, a week apart. You really see the growth! Awesome!

The large pics are terrific, although, it takes quite a long time to load for those of us that don't have 'super fast' loading speeds on our computers. I have DSL, but it is like the slowest package. I guess if you have a faster DSL connection or cable internet, it's not an issue. I have an 'image zoom' feature on my computer (from Mozilla Firefox) that lets me enlarge images very easily by just using the mouse wheel. I put my arrow over a pic, hold down the right button and scroll the wheel to increase or decrease the size. I don't know if they have that on Internet Explorer?

HD don't change back on my account, I can live with it and I'm always interested in your 'stuff'. It won't drive me away buddy! I'm with you always! :thumb:

I just read an article or post recently about getting all the clones to finish about the same size.
Man, I just searched thru my old posts to see if I can find the link with no luck. Now it's going to be bugging me all day.

The author was writing about how he would set up his grow with clones that were all the same size in height, but during the grow, some would outgrow others and the short ones ended up in the shade.

To make the grow more efficient and have all the plants finish about the same size, (since they were all clones of the same plant) he decided to cut the tap root.

The gist of it was to cut the tap root to the same length on all the girls.
I.E. before transplanting, loosen the root ball a bit near the bottom and find the tap root, it will be the thickest and longest root.
Cut it flush with the bottom of the root ball.

OK OK ,, I found the link, it's from another site though.

Aloha ChicagoJoe and thanks for checkin out my grow, and thanks a ton for spending the time to try to find me some usefull info!! Very cool of you!
I am not sure I will need to do that (cutting the tap root) in order to keep my canopy even, but its good to know what the options are if I do need to do something. My first grow which is now starting to finish up was 15 plants, and no two were/are the same height or shape (range was 12" to 54" all under the same set of lights in a 4'x7' space). With a lot of constant maint. and adjustings I was able to keep the canopy pretty even the whole time, but that took building a series of plant stands of various sizes and a crapload of work. So my looking forward to this more homogeneous grow with the Sour D's is pretty much in reaction to that, and having a group of plant heights that are even within 18" of eachother would be such a relief. I do have all the stands that I can use if things get a bit uneven, and hopefully that will even be at a minimum. I guess I kinda like the idea of raising up any shorter ones to equal the taller more than do anything to the taller ones to keep them closer to the shorties.
Again, many mahalos for stoppin in and for spending some time to find some usefull info. Much Aloha!
HD

I wish I could hold out posting pics so often, the pics are so much better when you post like you did, a week apart. You really see the growth! Awesome!

The large pics are terrific, although, it takes quite a long time to load for those of us that don't have 'super fast' loading speeds on our computers. I have DSL, but it is like the slowest package. I guess if you have a faster DSL connection or cable internet, it's not an issue. I have an 'image zoom' feature on my computer (from Mozilla Firefox) that lets me enlarge images very easily by just using the mouse wheel. I put my arrow over a pic, hold down the right button and scroll the wheel to increase or decrease the size. I don't know if they have that on Internet Explorer?

HD don't change back on my account, I can live with it and I'm always interested in your 'stuff'. It won't drive me away buddy! I'm with you always! :thumb:

I cant really say the waiting a week or so to update pics is all due to my patience, more other logistical factors, but thanks. I would love to take pics every day really, but just not possible. In fact I am sitting on some pics right now that need to be uploaded and journals updated, but I might still have to put it off till later tonight.
Thanks for sticking with me my friend, I don't want to be driving you off!! :Rasta:
Much Aloha Wood

I cant really say the waiting a week or so to update pics is all due to my patience, more other logistical factors, but thanks. I would love to take pics every day really, but just not possible. In fact I am sitting on some pics right now that need to be uploaded and journals updated, but I might still have to put it off till later tonight.
Thanks for sticking with me my friend, I don't want to be driving you off!! :Rasta:
Much Aloha Wood

I'm not going anywhere my Friend! I will be shutting down the computer very soon before my wife's dirty looks turn into something more deadly! See Ya!:Rasta:

Aloha HD:grinjoint:

Sounds like your busy as can be. Even though you're harvesting one every other day, Bro that's work.!

And keeping up two journals....at the same time, is even more time consuming.
What I'm saying is take care of the main thing, Growing and worry about us later.
I don't mind waiting and don't think any one else does either.

You first Bra

I'm not going anywhere my Friend! I will be shutting down the computer very soon before my wife's dirty looks turn into something more deadly! See Ya!:Rasta:

Aloha HD:grinjoint:

Sounds like your busy as can be. Even though you're harvesting one every other day, Bro that's work.!

And keeping up two journals....at the same time, is even more time consuming.
What I'm saying is take care of the main thing, Growing and worry about us later.
I don't mind waiting and don't think any one else does either.

You first Bra

You guys are the best!!

Update time. Like I said, been behind with this so this is stuff from Thurs and Fri.
Thurs I got all the clone starter cups ready for the big batch of clones. The 4 tester clones I tried seem to be working great so I am sticking with the same things I did a week ago. I made up some fresh cinder promix soil (1part cinder to 3 parts promix) with 1 tbsp lime and 1 tbsp green sand per gal, mixed dry. Using 3" starter cups I put in enough of the soil mix to set the 2" rockwool cubes at the top of the cup, then filled the sides in with the soil mix so its all basically flush at the top.
Mix-
misc_006.jpg

Cups-
misc_005.jpg

misc_007.jpg

Friday I did the cutting/cloning. First I wet down the soil/rw with a 1/4 strength solution of FF Big Bloom (micros). I wound up taking 8 cuttings from two of the plants and 2 from the other for a total of 18. I only took 2 from the one because thats the one I want to put into flower in a couple weeks. The two I took were kind of to shape her/even her out a bit, but also just to make sure I keep her going (she seems a little different than the other two, but very slightly, could have just been a slight diff. in health when I got them, don't know). I decided on 18 total which is a little bit of a revision of the initial plan, but now I am thinking of doing 10 or 12 total in the flower room ( 5-6 per 600w) instead of 18 total (9 per 600w). I just found out from grow support (thanks Mcbudz) that Soma seeds lists the Sour D at 10-12 weeks, and judging from the 2/3 plants I have now that are 10-12 week'ers I think 5 or 6 is much more reasonable than 9 per 600w. My current pipe dream (technically bong dream right now, smoking some of the runt from my first grow) would be get a bigger space (maybe happening) and a third 600w so I can flower all 3 mother clones (after they veg into super-bushes!) alongside the 10-12 younger clones. It may happen, we'll see. Anyways, here are the 3 mother clones just before I took cuttings-
misc_016.jpg

no after shot, but they were all still pretty bushy and looking good.Here's the tray full of 18 fresh clone-to-be's-
misc_017.jpg

So yeah, that was friday, as of last night they still looked as nice as could be. Been spritzing them at least 2x a day and today I will top off the moisture in the cubes/soil. I'll get pics of them all today too.
OK, guess thats it for today.
Much Aloha Everyone!!
:peace:
HD

Hi HD I sure love the way you explain things. The pictures are just right to go along with your explanations. Makes me feel I can do the same thing with no problems. You should be teaching some where. Never mind, you are teaching
right here.:surf:

Sure wish I had a place to try it.

Peace my Brother.:surf:

Hello HD, boy you sure are organized! I should take notes! I Have trouble growing three plants and you've got tens and tens of them! Watching and reading how your doing your cloning is a learning experience for me. Great Job my Friend

:Rasta:

Hi HD I sure love the way you explain things. The pictures are just right to go along with your explanations. Makes me feel I can do the same thing with no problems. You should be teaching some where. Never mind, you are teaching
right here.:surf:

Sure wish I had a place to try it.

Peace my Brother.:surf:

:thanks:
I guess there is not much better a time to explain things than when you are learning yourself, cause this is all new to me. I really feel more like I am sharing what I think I am learning more than teaching, but mahalos for the compliment! If I can do it so can you, it really does seem pretty simple. All you need is a 2x2x2 box and a light and you could be rolling in the clones too!! :thumb::ganjamon:

Hello HD, boy you sure are organized! I should take notes! I Have trouble growing three plants and you've got tens and tens of them! Watching and reading how your doing your cloning is a learning experience for me. Great Job my Friend

:Rasta:

Haha, I guess its an all or nothing thing for me, I'm either totally organized or a total mess, so I am trying to keep it together. But yeah, with this many organization is pretty key. Its one of the many things pot helps me with, I can really just sit and focus for so much longer when I am stoned. :bongrip::rollit:
Thanks for the good words as always bro!!

Here are pics of the clones and clone mothers taken last night. The clone mothers could easily produce another 20-30 clones today, they are definately still doing good. The one on the left is the one I only took 2 clones from, the others 8 each-
misc1_005.jpg

and here's the clones, the 4 on the left are the tester group that I did first (9 days ago) and they all have new growth, but the back left one is having a little trouble. That was the very first one I tried and didn't think to poke a hole thru the rockwool into the soil, but it occured to me after I placed it so I went ahead and left it to see the difference since it was a tester group anyway. Now I know to for sure poke the hole thru. But yeah, those are 9 days and the others under dome are 5 days-
misc1_003.jpg

misc1_004.jpg

and after a spring shower-
misc1_006.jpg

So far so good, I am digging on this new cloning reality, very fun!!
:peace: and Aloha
HD

My compliments to the Chef! Very pretty girls, even the one in the back.:bravo:
Mahalos bro, they just have to baste for another 4 months or so and then I should be serving up a mighty fine feast!!

looking green cant wait to watch this pan out.
Aloha, :welcome: and mahalos! Hopefully I can keep 'em green and happy all the way thru!! Great to have you on board and feel free to chime in with any suggestions, questions, or whatevers.

The picts are making me gitty !! This grow is going to me amazing..

:cool: hehe, me too, altho sometimes I get confused on what I am giddy over, the new tray full of goodies, or turn around 180 deg and see the forest of buds 18" away.....hmmmm, OK, maybe both!!:smokin::smokin:

Well, its been a week again, so here is how they all look as of last night. First the mother clones-
1girls_012.jpg

1girls_011.jpg

and the babies-
1girls_010.jpg

so you can see the one front left is having some serious issues. It was from the first tester batch, and just in the last 6 days has started to develope what looks like a patch of brown rot on the main stem that is slowly growing, and the leaves are curling and dying from the tips up. Everyone else looks fine, no other rot spots, so I am pretty fine with 21 of 22 still going strong, I will have to give a bunch away as it is but hopefully have the luxury of being able to pick the best 12 out of 20 or so.
OK, mahalos for tuning in and much aloha to everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom