Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Hello again my grow buddies. A fresh update, got off the presses. We’re getting there.. slow and steady. Firstly - the 4x4, OG kush and Candida.
IMG_3444.jpeg

I know, I know, OG is so pale. I’ve upped the MC and it’s slowed the yellowing, but it’s still progressing. The downside of the watering system - they share the same water. Candida is getting too much and og not enough.
IMG_3439.jpeg

It stinks that the Sohum isn’t taking them all the way through. This OG did veg for a long time, maybe that’s where I’m going wrong? I dunno :rolleyes: Anyhow, here’s a close up bud pic.

IMG_3423.jpeg

And here’s Candida
IMG_3445.jpeg

This has so many branches, masses of tiny buds and they’re all just flopping/piling on top of each other. I tried to open it back up, but the stems are so flimsy.
IMG_3446.jpeg

She’s super sticky, I definitely have to break out the rubbing alcohol after I touch her.

Now, over to the 2x4
Oriental kush
IMG_3422.jpeg
IMG_3421.jpeg

She’s starting to pale and has some yellowing lowers, so I added another 2” on Sohum on top. We’ll see how much that helps. I also raised the lights a little more, I think I see some light stress symptoms with the raised edges. I’ve been raising it little by little, I keep thinking I got it in the right spot, so I’m hoping this is the real right spot!

Lastly, Purple kush (1:1) got new shoes today. I meant to repot sooner and she was tough coming out of the cup, so I’m hoping it wasn’t as stressful on her as it was on me! Lol. I keep forgetting to put them straight into the big pot! o_O She’s home now, nothing left to do but add some ties and do a little training.
IMG_3419.jpeg

I’m still undecided about this Sohum soil. I’ve yet to see it make it all the way through a grow. I’m feeling disappointed at the moment. But I still have a bag and a half that I’m going to use. Maybe if I can add some compost at the halfway mark of bloom, it’ll take it the rest of the way? Missing the wisdom of @Amy Gardner right now (well, all the time really). 💗

That’s the update for today. I got a Goody box yesterday, full of some exciting new autos. Trying to figure if I can squeeze one more auto into the tent to finish before we potentially go out of town in September. It feels like it would be cutting it close. Impulse vs. logic 😬 good luck me! Anyhow, I hope you’re all doing well and your gardens are green! Sending you all some loves and thinking of those who made the ultimate sacrifice this weekend. :love:

I'm assuming your nutes are added to the auto watering system, so they all get the same dose?
Maybe try giving the yellowing ones a little extra shot of MC? (or just a little Nitrogen..)
They both look plenty healthy, just a bit pale..👍
I’m still undecided about this Sohum soil. I’ve yet to see it make it all the way through a grow.
Grow Dots have the same problem- they start running out of gas around day 65..I believe I've got it resolved by adding purpinator to her diet, so I'm going to give them one more try...
I got a Goody box yesterday,
:love:

Maybe try giving the yellowing ones a little extra shot of MC? (or just a little Nitrogen..)
Good idea Carcass, I’ll do that. 💗 I was gonna just let it ride out, but thinking about it now, that sounds dumb. 🤪

Flowers are all looking great (OK's pistils are srsly making a hair statement) and the PK is a wonderful shade of verdant!
This OG did veg for a long time, maybe that’s where I’m going wrong?
How long did you veg? LOS water-only grows need big pots of soil to get all the way through flower, so that might be exactly the trouble you're having with this one.

If you have something with N only that would be best (like Carcass said) rather than hitting it with more MC, though cal-mag isn't really ideal here because of the high Ca in MC already. Magnesium nitrate is the best thing to have on hand with MC I've found. I can send you some if you'd like!
This has so many branches, masses of tiny buds and they’re all just flopping/piling on top of each other. I tried to open it back up, but the stems are so flimsy.
Definitely sounds right for a Candida!

I always make sure to do a serious post-stretch trim and then pluck larf all the way through flower. Not much to be done for those thin branches other than bamboo.
She’s super sticky, I definitely have to break out the rubbing alcohol after I touch her.
Definitely sounds right for a Candida!
I got a Goody box yesterday
LOL! :welldone:

If you have something with N only that would be best
You’re right on my wavelength Shed. Last night I was thinking about a product I actually got for our grass. It also works for vegetables/flowers, so I thought it should be safe.
IMG_3472.jpeg

IMG_3473.jpeg

Any thoughts for me before I add it to OG?

The directions say 1/2 tsp per plant (for outdoor). I was thinking I might do a scant measurement and mix in water, then apply. Would that still be too high? Don’t want to fry her up right at the end.

It says time release so I'm not sure how dissolving it in water changes things (if it's possible), but does it give different amounts for different size pots? My citrus food does it by pot diameter.
? Does fast release mean time released? I’m totally unfamiliar with these amendments. It only has directions for outdoor use. Thanks for your help with this!
IMG_3474.jpeg

Yes: start off with very little!

It only took 1.5g of watered-in 32-2-8 Turf Builder to green up a Chocodope plant, so
definitely go easy with that stuff!

Turf Builder is time release stuff, although I don't know if that matters..

Man, I just took a look at OG and I am seeing a lot of fresh bananas popping out. All of the sudden I’m considering putting her on the chopping block.
Oof the rest of this might be moot! You don't want to pollinate your Candida that's for sure. :eek:
Does fast release mean time released?
I think it means time released in a short period of time! I'd go with less than Carcass' 1.5g since his time release is probably slower than yours. And I don't believe that's just because he's older. :(

Oof the rest of this might be moot! You don't want to pollinate your Candida that's for sure. :eek:
Agreed! Although I just did a calendar count and Candida probably has about a week left - according to previous harvesting timelines. But yeah, I’d hate to see unintentional seedings happen anywhere. And this is the second “batch” of bananas I’ve discovered. Glad I tossed the OG mom, cause this is lame.

With a week left for the Candida the nanners shouldn't be a problem, except if any pollen gets to Guy Fieri in the other tent!
Truth!! That would absolutely suck. I didn’t really think about that. Thanks for the help and talking me through it guys. I think I may just chop chop this problem child.

Just for the record > A slow release fertilizer will make nutrients available an extended period for up to two months. Whereas a quick release fertilizer is going to make nutrients available for a period of approximately two weeks. It's important to use slow release fertilizers during the majority of the growing season.<< that is some strong N ! Garden looking good even the axe headed one 🤓🪓

Back
Top Bottom