Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

So I’m having some struggles with my drying. Which sucks. After my third plant over drying, I finally got it right with Hiydrow. I think the tall dry box is too big, with too much airspace or something. By the time I move them into jars, the humidity is at around 50 or sometimes less. So frustrating. Hiydrow is showing me some light at the end of the tunnel. I put her into jars yesterday and the rh is at 60% today during burping. :rolleyes: at myself for letting three plants get too dry...

I hang for like 3 days,much longer to easy to go toooooo dry tooooooo fast

Then into oven bags...fluff and toss for a few days till rh hits like 75, then start focusing on burping and curing

So I’m having some struggles with my drying. Which sucks. After my third plant over drying, I finally got it right with Hiydrow. I think the tall dry box is too big, with too much airspace or something. By the time I move them into jars, the humidity is at around 50 or sometimes less. So frustrating. Hiydrow is showing me some light at the end of the tunnel. I put her into jars yesterday and the rh is at 60% today during burping. :rolleyes: at myself for letting three plants get too dry...

Hi HH,

Can you rehydrate? :Namaste:

Missed it yesterday,but congrats on the harvest, HH- huge colas on that girl!

Sorry to hear about the overdrying- I stick them in the jars when I know they're a little too wet, then
burp the crap out of them for a week or so, till they "feel" right (they feel dry, but rebound when you squeeze them)
If they're really too wet,you can put them in a shoebox for 8 or 10 hours, then back into the jars...
but you know that-you're the one that advised me about it a few months ago (and thanks for that!)

After a little reflection on my drying process (and my capsule kicked in), I’ve come to some conclusions:
• one of my dry boxes is too tall. It’s nice to fit the whole cola on the line intact, but I think it’s not working out - we’re breaking up.
• the air holes are too big at the bottom of the boxes. I’m going to be better about blocking them off with tape when they’re starting to dry (a day or two after cut).
• when I move them to a shoebox or turkey bag, I’m leaving the stems on until they’re ready for jars for cure (or whatever container I decide).

I was disappointed to find out my overdried buds are kind of ruined. I’m glad I’m so all about capsules right now; and that two of the overdried plants were the CBDs, I was planning to mostly use them for oil anyway. It still sucks, but it could be worse. Hopefully I can get it figured out quick with the Critical and Northern L. cause mama wants to smoke those two!! :bong::smokin:

Fridge drying is tough to do with kids unless you have a spare refrigerator (a lot of folks do though!).
I was disappointed to find out my overdried buds are kind of ruined. I’m glad I’m so all about capsules right now; and that two of the overdried plants were the CBDs, I was planning to mostly use them for oil anyway. It still sucks, but it could be worse.
Not ruined at all. The smoke won't be as smooth or tasty, but I would think that smoking CBD plants would be for a very specific medical need (immediate anxiety reduction), so smooth and tasty might not be the highest priority at that moment. And for oil, curing is irrelevant. Best plants to have learned on!

It might be a hassle but try drying in your refrigerator.
One of these days I’ll get a little extra fridge. I do want to do low and slow, but the smell would be too much in the regular fridge.
Not ruined at all. The smoke won't be as smooth or tasty, but I would think that smoking CBD plants would be for a very specific medical need (immediate anxiety reduction), so smooth and tasty might not be the highest priority at that moment.
That’s good to near. Luckily Mr. H isn’t too picky and effect is the most important thing - as long as I’m not choking like a rookie.
I think it's for the best. Your needs are different and the box needs to understand that. :hug: If you wanna talk call me!
Lol, thanks Mr. S, you’re always there for me in my darkest hours. :love:

Speaking of oil, I started the process for my next batch!! From the OG Kush autos I harvested last month, I used
24g trim
10g buds - OG Kush #1
11g buds - OG Kush #2

If trim is ≈ 1/4 of bud, that should be just shy of an ounce. I’ll use the ol MB machine, as soon as I decide if I want to use EVOO or coconut oil...:hmmmm:

Great looking Harvest of the CM Hh she really put out some very nice buds!

I've had my own issues with drying in the past but I've had the opposite problem putting buds that were 2 wet into the jars. I dry everything in a drying rack then after 5 days or so was putting them into jars only to find I'd have to burp them forever to get to the proper rh. The last time I put them in paper grocery bags for a couple of days after the rack and would open them and stir the buds around once or twice a day. After the couple of days in the bags I got my target rh in my jars much quicker.

Great looking Harvest of the CM Hh she really put out some very nice buds!

I've had my own issues with drying in the past but I've had the opposite problem putting buds that were 2 wet into the jars. I dry everything in a drying rack then after 5 days or so was putting them into jars only to find I'd have to burp them forever to get to the proper rh. The last time I put them in paper grocery bags for a couple of days after the rack and would open them and stir the buds around once or twice a day. After the couple of days in the bags I got my target rh in my jars much quicker.
Thanks N! She took me a bit by surprise with a couple of her colas! I knew she looked kinda phat, but it was better than I was hoping for. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was having the same trouble, which is when I started using the shoebox in between hang and jar. It doesn’t help that in the PNW we’re getting snow one day and then 60°, then rain for a week straight. Lol, I think I've identified all my variables... maybe I can come up with a plan?

Man, Penny is making more and more sense every second, with his low and slow recco.

Coconut for the high, EVOO for the medicine.

No, it doesn't rhyme...sorry!
Coconut - putchu on ya butt
EVOO - make u feel goood

Lottsa folks say that and i have no doubt it makes a difference, but my edibles made with EVOO get some folks plenty high/stoned (myself I’m not so sure becasue I sue them to sleep)
...if you’re dosing under the tongue I’m not so sure the difference applies as I think that difference is due to metabolism when you eat it. I’m only 80-90% sure on that one tho...

Yay for oil making HH :slide: :popcorn: :morenutes:

if you’re dosing under the tongue I’m not so sure the difference applies as I think that difference is due to metabolism when you eat it.
Sorry I wasn't clear on that. I meant oil for capsules/edibles...via the gut where the liver handles the first pass conversion with coconut oil. It's not that EVOO won't get you high (it will) but it won't get you high as quick as coconut oil will.

Back
Top Bottom