Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

In the past if I've used a net I've kept it. With quadlining you are holding the limbs down each with individual ties. After stretch a lot of time my plants have pulled them loose but they still grew and hardened to the right shape and correct spacing. You should be able to feel the strings of the net and if it still feels like they are holding the plant in place, I wouldn't touch it.
Much appreciated Ase! :thanks:
I think I will just leave it alone then, especially since it’s my first go around. Less is more, right! :)

Howdy HH! Found your mug in newty's thread and thought I'd read through. Plants look terrific and you're getting great advice from the folks who are already here. I'm an outside soil grower so I can't attest to indoor stuff other than what I've picked up here on the site.

Fan leaves have very little THC in them, so making massage oil from them wouldn't be good for pain relief. And, having made fan leaf oil (I think I mentioned this in the Cooking with the Chronic thread), I can tell you it takes a lot of gummies before you feel anything (my wife had to eat 18 bears to get high :eek:). So if you want something that hits you, save up a lot of fans (I used three big ziplocs full!) before you bother making edibles.

What fan leaves are good for is feeding your endocannabinoid system, so as Dutch said, eating them in smoothies, salads, on pizza, etc. is a great way to get them into your system.

Oh, and I'm with MrSauga on that meter. It's more of a toy than a scientific instrument. I bought one when I started growing but soon after bought a real pH meter and TDS meter. TDS (total dissolved solids) is what most growers are referring to when they say PPM (which is really a different scale).

Nice defoliation... @newty would be proud!

:thumb:

Howdy HH! Found your mug in newty's thread and thought I'd read through. Plants look terrific and you're getting great advice from the folks who are already here. I'm an outside soil grower so I can't attest to indoor stuff other than what I've picked up here on the site.

Fan leaves have very little THC in them, so making massage oil from them wouldn't be good for pain relief. And, having made fan leaf oil (I think I mentioned this in the Cooking with the Chronic thread), I can tell you it takes a lot of gummies before you feel anything (my wife had to eat 18 bears to get high :eek:). So if you want something that hits you, save up a lot of fans (I used three big ziplocs full!) before you bother making edibles.

What fan leaves are good for is feeding your endocannabinoid system, so as Dutch said, eating them in smoothies, salads, on pizza, etc. is a great way to get them into your system.

Oh, and I'm with MrSauga on that meter. It's more of a toy than a scientific instrument. I bought one when I started growing but soon after bought a real pH meter and TDS meter. TDS (total dissolved solids) is what most growers are referring to when they say PPM (which is really a different scale).

Nice defoliation...newty would be proud!

:thumb:

Hi there shed!! Happy to have you over for a visit! I’m following you, even though I can’t grow outdoor (I wish!!) but maybe someday?? I saw your entry to the plant of the month and I fell in love! That plant was a beauty. If I could vote, I would’ve. Hope that doesn’t count as campaigning.. Just wanted to give you some props. Outdoor are just a league of their own. Thank you for the advice, I need to get one of those ppm gadgets and I’ve got a couple of ideas for set up, so that I can collect runoff next time. Growing pains, but they’re making due so far!

Voting for the contests doesn't begin until the 15th of the month. I'm sure you'll have 50 posts by then!
Oh yes I should then! How does the actual voting happen? I read through the rules, but it didn't mention how to vote. I can't wait until I can enter too - it's so cool they do that, with some cool prizes too!

Oh yes I should then! How does the actual voting happen? I read through the rules, but it didn't mention how to vote. I can't wait until I can enter too - it's so cool they do that, with some cool prizes too!
On the 15th of the month, the moderators put a list of accepted entries at the top of the first page with radio buttons next to them. You click the button next to the entry you want to vote for and then click the button at the bottom of the list that says "submit" or "vote now" or something like that. It will be much clearer than I've made it when you see it next week!

Plant of the Month, Nug of the Month, and Member of the Month are all voted on by 420mag members with more than 50 posts. Photo of the Month and Grow Journal of the Month are voted on only by the moderators.

Oh, and I neglected to respond to the rest of your post! If it helps your searching, this is the meter that I got. We're not supposed to post direct links to Amazon here so this is the description that you can copy and paste on their website to bring it up:
HM Digital TDS-4 Pocket Size TDS Tester Meter with 0-9990 ppm Measurement Range , 1 ppm Resolution, +/- 2% Readout Accuracy

Glad you like the look of my AK-47! :thanks:

I’m here!! Yes that defoil is on point girl! Great job, she feels better, I can tell:D

Let’s see a pic of the sick leaf? Is it rusty? On old or new leafs? If it’s old leafs than prob P deficiency. I’m not sure about the shiny leafs? Sometimes You will see stems turn pink from P def. wouldn’t hurt to check the ppm on the run off to rule out lockout, which can show up at this time in flower.

Excellent first grow, I’ll try to keep up!

Oh, and I neglected to respond to the rest of your post! If it helps your searching, this is the meter that I got. We're not supposed to post direct links to Amazon here so this is the description that you can copy and paste on their website to bring it up:
HM Digital TDS-4 Pocket Size TDS Tester Meter with 0-9990 ppm Measurement Range , 1 ppm Resolution, +/- 2% Readout Accuracy

Glad you like the look of my AK-47! :thanks:
Thank you for the description, I'll be sure to grab one soon. Thanks for the voting info, your explanation was great, I'll keep my eye on it and I should be eligible to vote pretty dang quick!

I’m here!! Yes that defoil is on point girl! Great job, she feels better, I can tell:D

Let’s see a pic of the sick leaf? Is it rusty? On old or new leafs? If it’s old leafs than prob P deficiency. I’m not sure about the shiny leafs? Sometimes You will see stems turn pink from P def. wouldn’t hurt to check the ppm on the run off to rule out lockout, which can show up at this time in flower.

Excellent first grow, I’ll try to keep up!
Booya! I got Newty on board :slide:
I did a pH water flush a few days ago, and I thought it looked better. Then I watered with nutrients again yesterday, and today it looked worse, possibly with a touch of nutrient burn now too? I'll get some photos up tomorrow. I really shot myself in the foot because I can’t really collect runoff. #noob so I’m just fluctuating my pH up and down to see if it helps. :eek:
So happy to have you stop in and see what I’m doing!

Hey there all! I got into the tent with a camera I was given years ago, but never figured out how to use it. I was hoping to be able to view my trichomes with it, so bear with me while I try to get that shot. In the mean time, I snapped a few of my little frosties without the grow light on.

DSC_0216.JPG
DSC_0217.JPG
DSC_0218.JPG
DSC_0219.JPG
DSC_0233.JPG

I can't wait for my hubby-babe to see the girls. I have the light schedule set up in a way that he pretty much only gets to see them during the weekend. He hasn't seen them since I did my great defol and the untucking, so that's my excitement over here now. Meanwhile, I'm going to keep trying to figure out this camera without tearing my hair out!

Nice sea of buds in there. Looks like it smells great!

Thank you Shed. Ooooh that smell! :theband:
I've seen others talk about how sticky it gets, but its crazy. If I touch them, I have to use rubbing alcohol to get the resin off my finger! I'm so excited I can share it all with this community! Keeping it to myself and not really talking to anyone about it was lame! Plus I was driving Mr. Hybrid insane. :D

All right, got some decent close ups and I can see them if I zoom in enough on the computer. I'm not sure if this will work for being able to truly read the trichomes well enough. I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy anything else for a little while, but it seems like I might have to spring for a loop or microscope.:confused: What do you all use? I bought a cheap mini microscope and I can't get it to focus at all, maybe more trial and error?
DSC_0236.JPG

DSC_0235.JPG

All right, got some decent close ups and I can see them if I zoom in enough on the computer. I'm not sure if this will work for being able to truly read the trichomes well enough. I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy anything else for a little while, but it seems like I might have to spring for a loop or microscope.:confused: What do you all use? I bought a cheap mini microscope and I can't get it to focus at all, maybe more trial and error?
DSC_0236.JPG

DSC_0235.JPG

Looking good man!

I use a loupe and a microscope! It’s a bit finicky to use the microscope on the plant but it is possible. Easier on a sample bud snipped and laying still.

For the loupe it’s easy to hold up to the plant with your phone and snap pictures like this that I just took this evening before harvest !
F1C38442-15D8-4269-9705-FEA482E091C6.jpeg
00E2EC7D-9B2A-464A-8E6A-AFA9D7F508B7.jpeg
B8B10F17-51FB-4012-B00B-17561BCB6226.jpeg
6A02EEA8-9861-4CD5-A58C-17D74AE54E29.jpeg

Looking good man!

I use a loupe and a microscope! It’s a bit finicky to use the microscope on the plant but it is possible. Easier on a sample bud snipped and laying still.

For the loupe it’s easy to hold up to the plant with your phone and snap pictures like this that I just took this evening before harvest !
F1C38442-15D8-4269-9705-FEA482E091C6.jpeg
00E2EC7D-9B2A-464A-8E6A-AFA9D7F508B7.jpeg
B8B10F17-51FB-4012-B00B-17561BCB6226.jpeg
6A02EEA8-9861-4CD5-A58C-17D74AE54E29.jpeg
Wow, that looks great! Way better than the pics I was trying to use!

Back
Top Bottom