HedoneSpirit's First Pre To Post Indoor Grow Journal: 600W & Veg Bulb

I've decided to try FIMing on the other plant, CK, as I've seen people topping when it doesn't work.

Note: find out what FIM looks like when it doesn't work.

I've gone knife crazy..
420-magazine-mobile228663012.jpg

Before.
420-magazine-mobile1644043056.jpg

After.
420-magazine-mobile866576848.jpg

Thursday week

PK, nice and perky with good grow. Roots improving

CK, Droopy and darker green but good growing rate. Roots fantastic!

I'm now cooling the feed home made ice packs to keep it cooler. I will be insulating the buckets soon with windscreen reflector.

I'll be extended my in take pipe to try a draw colder air in. The Room temp isn't too high but it will help cool me nutrients.

I love the smell of young plants mmmm delicately delicious :)

Closest plant is the PK

420-magazine-mobile1790071473.jpg

Week 3 Friday

Not huge growth still.
Happy with stalk and root development still.

Should be on schedule. Hope to fill the area just over 5 weeks. May happen may not.

Well I'm not sure how they would compare to not being topped.

But they are growing well
Not as fast as they could be. I think its down to the temperature.
I'm happy with they health and they are catching up on that much needed root/stalk system.

I'll take a picture in a day or so, pahaps you could point out the development.

Oh I topped the second plant (CK) I didn't like the colour it was rapidly turning.

In growing concern of the deep dark green these plants are becoming.
I've read that nitrogen deficiency. To back it up I would describe​ some of the leaves as wavey or bent (don't know about clawing).

There not dying yet.
When I swap nutes I'll make a note to put a few ml less of the feed with Nitrogen and see if there is any improvement.

The leave waviness could easily be environmental.

Your leaves look ok to me, from what I can see on the last photos...

Normally, when there is too much N (toxicity), older leaves get "the claw", and tip burn on new leaves, etc.
I dont see those signs on your photos.

If you are concerned, back-off a little bit on the nutes. Maybe go to 3/4 of previous feeding...
They say less is always better, so.

BP

Your leaves look ok to me, from what I can see on the last photos...

Normally, when there is too much N (toxicity), older leaves get "the claw", and tip burn on new leaves, etc.
I dont see those signs on your photos.

If you are concerned, back-off a little bit on the nutes. Maybe go to 3/4 of previous feeding...
They say less is always better, so.

BP
Thank you blue.
I think it has escalated since the last photos. Not that the picture is clear.

The Critical has been deeper green for longer. I'll change the nutes of critical and note any difference. The pinapple started going deeper green but is much perkier so I'll only bring down the pH.

Week 4 Monday
Again pineapple K on the left and Critical on the right

420-magazine-mobile1939946742.jpg

Nice to see stalk development
420-magazine-mobile1796900566.jpg

420-magazine-mobile839578569.jpg

PK looking lovely and about to overtake the CK

CK too dark too Droopy? Fan leave not holding themselves up. Too crowded as well.

CK just got a nute swap and bucket clean. Measuring CF at 8 and pH at 5.6.
Not much else I can do. Maybe I can take away some leaves?

Tempted to top the PK again to try and keep it at the same level as the CK

CK too dark too Droopy? Fan leave not holding themselves up. Too crowded as well.
Maybe I can take away some leaves?
Tempted to top the PK again to try and keep it at the same level as the CK

I would not TOP and would not remove leaves. Those big leaves are your best friends in case of deficiencies/toxicities, etc.

Can't you just start LST and tuck away ?

BTW I couldn't find if you stated your light schedule... Are you on 24/0, 18/6, somewhere in between ?
If on 24/0, you could give them a few hours of darkness if you wish for the plants to stretch a bit.

Here's what I think :
After topping the plants, they stopped going higher and focused their attention on other important things.
The stalks got stronger, the roots too, and they are filling up and starting new shoots.
Those new shoots will elongate and the plant will seem less crowded as they become branches and get LST.
You should start training.

Those were my 2 plants, soon after FIM/TOP.
The foliage is pretty dark. All leaves are not necessarily pointed upwards.
And I had Clawing old leaves.
And it's getting crowded.

At 21 days :

Blueberry-21.jpg

Euphoria-21.jpg

Day 23 :

Global_B-E_jour_23.jpg

Day 25 :

Blueberry-25.jpg

Euphoria-25.jpg

Training was not enough, and I had to defoliate a bit because there was no AIR passing thru the plants and it was too humid in there.

But you see the progression...

I don't know what I'd do without you....
Liking the tray reflector! Mad Max style.
I've got my lights on 20/24

I have been lightly tucking but stopped when it seems the plant was becoming even more clustered. I keep doing it where appropriate.

What model bulbs do you use? They seem to work well (I'll have a look on your feed). I'm looking for good propagation/ early-ish veg light.

Thanks again!

Those photos are from my first grow.

On my second grow :
Reflectors : I completely changed my setup. But I dont like it. It's evolving to something else.
Lights : 1st grow = all 6500K CFLs. 2nd grow = ratio of 3:1 or 4:1 6500K to 2700K. It's a try.
Number of lights : ~6 per plant from day 18 to 30. More after that.
Schedule : 1st grow 20/4. This grow 24/0. It's a try.

I wish my current seedling was growing as nicely as my first grow... but it's like 5 days behind.
I had problems with my PH and was distracted by the unexpected arrival of a clone in the room.
I gave her more attention and now she looks on the right track.

BTW, when you MUST defoliate for some imperative reason, you CAN cut only one or two fingers out of a fan leave. I did that sometimes. Ideally you remove smaller ones on the side and leave the big center one(s). It keeps the most of the fan leave but creates some space for aeration/light to pass thru better.

Example :

24245-bonsai2.jpg

I still recommend keeping all leaves if possible.

Back
Top Bottom