HedoneSpirit's First Pre To Post Indoor Grow Journal: 600W & Veg Bulb

Your top leaves look like they're "canooing" a bit and a little curly/dry on the edges...

Heat-stress ? Too dry envireonment ?

BP
Yeah it's a bit dry in there. I'm using the extraction van during sleep but it's too cold so I'm using a fan heater. The heater plus the extraction makes it too dry. The top canopy is ~27 Celsius and <25 for the middle. For now I'm trying to position the tall Cola's further from the light source.

Cheers
HS

Maybe you can ben the tall cola on itself... to bend it two ways like an "S".
I did that once with some success.

---/---
--/----
--|----
--\----
---\---
----\--
-----|-
-----/-
----/--
---|---
Well I've been learning them outward but also trying keep the Cola's from bunching up.
I'd worry about snap them at this stage.

I'll have a little play around with bending them.

Thanks blue, your babies are looking amazing btw.

Week five plus a few days

Seems like it's working :)
b364d5407fe365ce9d08024c5a6748d8.jpg
8aca6863044bcb8d38e70a70857e1085.jpg
dfd1b113183279e7e898ae492bf371a4.jpg
8d2f199f0c386b9c4ce09a5c9bed2d9a.jpg

Is harvest window approaching ? Brown pistils ? Opaque trichomes ?
The trichomes are starting to cloud and pistols are about 25%amber. I am almost already flushing I just have low levels of bulk nutrients. I'm hoping 3 to 4 days will be good enough for flush and timing with the plant to be chopped. I could always flush for longer if needed. I'm having a little difficulty determining stage of trichomes, even with hand lens :/

Yeah, trichomes are always hard to tell.

The best thing to do i.m.o. is to take the plant out of the grow room/tent, put it near a window (or bright sunlit room) and let the light of day reveal the trichomes.
Artificial light makes it very difficult (for me anyway) to judge.

I'll harvest 1 of my 2 plants probably in 4 days. Maybe a bit longer. The other plant will need a few weeks more ripening I think. She has that Sativa pheno it seems.
BP

Hey... 12 days without a post ? Everything ok for you ?

BP
Sup :) it's been hard to find the time to get on here, partly having excess to dried bud. I'm smoking my popcorn whilst the bud cures much slower.

I've been taking pictures and will update. I haven't weighted it yet (I'm a little afraid). I think I didn't quite zone the nutrient level throughout. Happy with the quality of bud though. Before I was hoping to get a minimum of 10oz now my expectation has lowered to a 6oz minimum.

I've made a kg of cannabis butter and have been enjoying cooking with it. Maybe I should upload some canna food recipes.

I'll weigh then post soon. Just about to check up on your page BP, to see if you've had any smoke

Sup :) it's been hard to find the time to get on here, partly having excess to dried bud. I'm smoking my popcorn whilst the bud cures much slower.

I've been taking pictures and will update. I haven't weighted it yet (I'm a little afraid). I think I didn't quite zone the nutrient level throughout. Happy with the quality of bud though. Before I was hoping to get a minimum of 10oz now my expectation has lowered to a 6oz minimum.

I've made a kg of cannabis butter and have been enjoying cooking with it. Maybe I should upload some canna food recipes.

I'll weigh then post soon. Just about to check up on your page BP, to see if you've had any smoke

Hey HS, I'm pretty sure you'll get your 6 oz. That's 168 grams, 84 grams per plant.
I just did 81 with a plant in soil that didn't have big buds... so it shouldn't be a problem with your hydro-monsters ;-)

btw, do you like the high of the Pineapple-Kush strain ?

BP

Hello. My bad for not having time earlier to post.

To get you up to date:

Plants were flushed on week 7 for four days. Personally smoking the bud now (cured for week and a half), I think wasn't enough for those big plants.

The branches were hung with a light amount of trimming to go, for 4 days. Inside the tent controlled to a temp of 19, humidty 60-50 and two small fans blowing downwards.

Trim was turned in to butter and soon some more to to a low quality hash.

My popcorn bud was rush dried and smoked between me and friends.

The bud has been curing for nearly two weeks and has got pretty nice so far

Oh, I lost a big branch on the critical K and few smallish ones on both plants during the last week's.

My yeild of both plants was 13oz of what I deem as "quality" bud. The close up bud shots are examples of what I deem as quality.
Pineapple Kush gave me 8oz
Critical Kush gave me 5oz
And about 2oz of popcorn and testers from both plant.
I weighed the buds once the humidty steadied.

If I'm honest I think the quality of both plants are very similar. Naturally earthy and light sweet/sharp tones.

The pineapple does have a fruity smell which is not unlike pineapple! Once it's being smoked the pinapple is no longer much of the influence of flavour unlike what I've experienced (This may be a sign that I need additional lighting).

I'll take some pictures separate to size up .

I haven't had a chance to compare highs. I know that the Critical Kush makes me relaxed and quite a clear head. I think my tolerance has risen :/

The PK, I was reading that some have more of a vanilla smell. I think vanilla is closer to what I can sense.

The smoke report. The smoke is full and white. It's Burns well and isn't harsh. There is a little nasty after taste I think from incomplete flushing. Anyway it's top quality to what I get from around here (UK)

I'm struggling to upload pictures so I'll need to try in a different post.

To come is plans of my new grow and plants are on there way!!.

I was shocked by how much the buds shrunk but by that time I forgot what an Oz looked like.

I was looking at the difference between bud cures at different stages of dryness. I ended up putting the buds in when they were measuring close to 70% humidty but was careful to let them breath well,, plus of humidtypaks

Pics from two weeks before harvest.
Again apologies for quality and consistency of photography. Time is not my friend.
If you can tell the pineapple is generally lighter in colour.

IMG_20180127_030244.jpg
IMG_20180124_225035_1_.jpg
IMG_20180128_231623_001.jpg
IMG_20180125_033450.jpg
IMG_20180127_030708.jpg
IMG_20180125_033424.jpg
IMG_20180125_033434.jpg
IMG_20180204_185207.jpg
IMG_20180204_185230.jpg
IMG_20180206_185508.jpg
IMG_20180206_185528.jpg
IMG_20180206_185534.jpg
IMG_20180206_185542.jpg
IMG_20180214_033220.jpg
IMG_20180214_033619.jpg
IMG_20180214_032807.jpg
IMG_20180214_032919.jpg
IMG_20180214_034513.jpg
7f95d166-3f6e-4e4a-ac9f-7b1d0d1b4102-2093000805.jpg
7b2675a6-4ea1-4031-874c-bc976742e4e854566939.jpg

Hey HS, I'm pretty sure you'll get your 6 oz. That's 168 grams, 84 grams per plant.
I just did 81 with a plant in soil that didn't have big buds... so it shouldn't be a problem with your hydro-monsters ;-)

btw, do you like the high of the Pineapple-Kush strain ?

BP
Hey Blue. You plants couldn't of been any more peak.
The pinapple is nice but the flavour of mine isn't hugely fragrant. High is nice, real relaxing with a pretty clear head.
I struggle sleep sober and a lot of weed strains make it worse but I've probably slept better than usual.

I think both strains show a lot of trait from their perant OG Kush.

I'd give the over all smoke report a 7.5 out of ten :)

Thanks for tuning in.

Once I work out how to upload pictures I'll start my new grow journal. This time automatic plants.

Nice one, HS

Re: HedoneSpirit's First Pre To Post Indoor Grow Journal - 600W & Veg Bulb

Those buds look lovely! ..
Congrats on a great harvest dude!

Is it just my phone, or do we have to upload all of out pictures to gallery first? I'm not having a easy time of it

I have been using 420 app to get around the issue of the gallery, but you do have to sign in to it through a google account/facebook to upload any pics.

Re: HedoneSpirit's First Pre To Post Indoor Grow Journal - 600W & Veg Bulb

Those buds look lovely! ..
Congrats on a great harvest dude!

I have been using 420 app to get around the issue of the gallery, but you do have to sign in to it through a google account/facebook to upload any pics.
Cheers friend. I'll use that.

Right I'm back! I've had huge problems uploading pictures, logging in and even tried creating a new account. I managed to get by laptop and am still struggling to upload pictures from my phone.

Anyway I'm going to start a new journal for my new grow. First I'll inform you on the strains.

This time I am growing automatics due to limitations of time. Equipment list is still to be decided. I'll start the new journal when I'm in full speed. So far I've deep cleaned and organised.

The seeds are in paper towels!

Seed type number one: Royal AK
  • THC: 15%
  • CBD: Low
  • Yield Indoor : 425 - 475 gr/m2
  • Yield Outdoor: 110 - 160 gr/plant
  • Height Indoor: 60 - 70 cm
  • Height Outdoor: 70 - 100 cm
  • Flowering: 5 - 7 weeks
  • Harvest month: 9-10 weeks after planting
  • Genetic Background: AK 47 x Ruderalis
  • Type: Sa 35% In 40% Ru 25%
  • Effect: Happy and active
  • Flavor: Spicy, Sour
  • Climate: Cold
Seed type number two: Royal Creamatic
  • THC: 15%
  • CBD: Medium
  • Yield Indoor : 400 - 450 gr/m2
  • Yield Outdoor: 115 - 165 gr/plant
  • Height Indoor: 60 - 80 cm
  • Height Outdoor: 80 - 100 cm
  • Flowering: 6 - 7 weeks
  • Harvest month: 7-8 weeks after sprouting
  • Genetic Background: Cream Caramel x Ruderalis
  • Type: Sa 10% In 60% Ru 30%
  • Effect: Relaxing and full of flavour
  • Flavor: Sweet, Spicy
  • Climate: Warm
Seed type number three: Royal Bluematic
  • THC: 14%
  • CBD: Medium
  • Yield Indoor : 425 - 475 gr/m2
  • Yield Outdoor: 70 - 120 gr/plant
  • Height Indoor: 60 - 75 cm
  • Height Outdoor: 70 - 100 cm
  • Harvest month: 8-9 weeks after sprouting
  • Genetic Background: Blueberry x Ruderalis
  • Type: Sa 10% In 60% Ru 30%
  • Effect: Stoned and powerful
  • Flavor: Sweet, Earthy
  • Climate: Mild
Seed type number four: Northern Lights Automatic
  • THC: 14%
  • CBD: Low
  • Yield Indoor : 500 - 550 gr/m2
  • Yield Outdoor: 170 - 220 gr/plant
  • Height Indoor: 80 - 120 cm
  • Height Outdoor: 130 - 160 cm
  • Harvest month: 9-10 weeks after planting
  • Genetic Background: Northern Light x Ruderalis
  • Type: Sa 0% In 80% Ru 20%
  • Effect: Cerebral and uplifting
  • Flavor: Earthy, Pine and Sweet
  • Climate: Warm

I have three of each soaking (12 seeds). I'll most likely choose to have 8. That is if 8 survive.
I'm most excited to try the AK

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom