Hello 420 - My Haze, Mango & Berry Clone Grow

Shed,
These back two girls were SC after the stretch, maybe around 3 weeks in flower. Not trying to prove a point and understand that you do it before the flip and thats being proactive instead of reactiive. The only reason im doing it is to have a even canopy.
Sure, i should have been more proactive in the SC before the flip but some "grown for seed" throws me a curve ball and unfortunately have to adjust after the stretch.
Keep in mind my final height is 5.5 ft height from the light.
Thats the only reason why and to be honest, its about a week setback but the other plants in the tent seem to appreciate and gain a little extra weight. I could be in my head though..lol
My mains are coming back up and they should be on autopilot from here on out.
Only going to post the garden once a week, im sure you guys dont wanna see this slow process.
Cheers folks and appreciate you shed.
20230125_150732.jpg

20230125_150727.jpg

20230125_150717.jpg

20230125_150701.jpg

2x4 veg
20230125_150545.jpg

2x4 veg is begging for LST. Get crackin, boss. These plants don't grow themselves!
That's awesome brother :high-five:thats straight up..lol..definitely need to pull them open for sure..lazy because the flip isn't until end of feb..
You're right bro..lol

These back two girls were SC after the stretch, maybe around 3 weeks in flower. Not trying to prove a point and understand that you do it before the flip and thats being proactive instead of reactiive. The only reason im doing it is to have a even canopy.
You should definitely do what suits your grow GG, and it's working out splendiferously! My reasoning is that it takes time to rebuild the nutrient pathways through the break and build the knuckle, so I'd rather have that done before the flowers start to build rather than while they're doing it.

And I've seen some amazing plants and big harvests with height variations in flower so that's less of a concern to me. Some of @Jon's plants come to mind.

Morning Folks.

31 days of 11/13
Double check for nanners on the Grimm. No more, thank god.:nerd-with-glasses:
SC mains on the plant really perking back up.
Burnt some tips, all good though.

Grimm Truffles
20230124_091409.jpg

20230124_091321.jpg
20230124_091252.jpg

Uplift
20230124_091610.jpg

20230124_091541.jpg

Lavender Jack clones
20230124_091718.jpg
20230124_091628.jpg

20230124_091757.jpg

Cheers folks
Your grow skill babe! Fucking mad!

Honestly top shelf growing!

I’m legit big smiling for you! You must feel so proud.

You should definitely do what suits your grow GG, and it's working out splendiferously! My reasoning is that it takes time to rebuild the nutrient pathways through the break and build the knuckle, so I'd rather have that done before the flowers start to build rather than while they're doing it.

And I've seen some amazing plants and big harvests with height variations in flower so that's less of a concern to me. Some of @Jon's plants come to mind.
Makes sense tbh.

I didn’t realise there was a right time. In hindsight I should definitely have supercropped in veg rather than flower. I was chasing that even canopy, and in doing so I caused more harm than good. And the most annoying part, I had grow head room so my rationale was purely aesthetics.

Hello 420 folks,

Quick update in the garden! Hope everyone is feeling great :passitleft:

Day 34 of 11/13

Grimm Truffles
20230126_161231.jpg

Mains are coming up nicely after SC
20230127_171607.jpg

Uplift
20230127_172936.jpg

Lavender Jack clone
20230127_173042.jpg

20230127_171454.jpg

Grimm clones in 2x2
20230127_172111.jpg

2x4
opened them up a little with tie downs
20230127_171959.jpg

Thanks Shed. Hope you are having a great one buddy.
Your grow skill babe! Fucking mad!

Honestly top shelf growing!

I’m legit big smiling for you! You must feel so proud.
Thanks T, :love:
Appreciate the kind words, learned alot from the triple ogs, Mr. Krip, Shed, Preston9m, light addict, and many others before i joined the mag. Think Krip said it the best. If you have great genetics everything else is breezy peezy..lol..dont quote me on that..:laugh:
Cheers folks

Hello 420 folks,

Quick update in the garden! Hope everyone is feeling great :passitleft:

Day 34 of 11/13

Grimm Truffles
20230126_161231.jpg

Mains are coming up nicely after SC
20230127_171607.jpg

Uplift
20230127_172936.jpg

Lavender Jack clone
20230127_173042.jpg

20230127_171454.jpg

Grimm clones in 2x2
20230127_172111.jpg

2x4
opened them up a little with tie downs
20230127_171959.jpg

Thanks Shed. Hope you are having a great one buddy.

Thanks T, :love:
Appreciate the kind words, learned alot from the triple ogs, Mr. Krip, Shed, Preston9m, light addict, and many others before i joined the mag. Think Krip said it the best. If you have great genetics everything else is breezy peezy..lol..dont quote me on that..:laugh:
Cheers folks
Very frosty looking 👀 amigo your ladies are doing great 👍. What nutes do you use? CL🍀 :goodjob: :bravo::high-five:

Does anyone follow Vapor Pressure Deficit chart?
My flower 5x5 is really high VPD, temps run between 74-80f degrees and RH around 30-40%.

With transpiration happening very quickly.
Would it be a better idea to incorporate additional watering to the plant in flower?
Seems the plants like it better feed,feed,water then feed,feed,feed,water if that makes any sense or has anything to do with the chart.
20230127_213915.jpg

@InTheShed , @Mr. Krip , @Krissi Carbone , @Joe Brewster , @Peat Phreak .
Just watch the jungle boys and they mentioned that's thier focus on every grow.
Cheers

Does anyone follow Vapor Pressure Deficit chart?
My flower 5x5 is really high VPD, temps run between 74-80f degrees and RH around 30-40%.

With transpiration happening very quickly.
Would it be a better idea to incorporate additional watering to the plant in flower?
Seems the plants like it better feed,feed,water then feed,feed,feed,water if that makes any sense or has anything to do with the chart.
20230127_213915.jpg

Any insight would be appreciated!
Cheers
Definitely above my pay grade but I’m sure interested now. CL🍀 :thanks: :idea::passitleft::thumb:

I'm no expert but I target VPD. My understanding is it's a ratio of heat to humidity and the value is inverse to humidity. I try to keep my temp consistent and use humidity to raise or lower VPD. I use an automated system. If VPD gets too high it kicks on the humidifier. If it drops too low it kicks on the intake fan. I keep the humidity low in the shed so when the intake fan kicks in its bringing drier air into the tent.

You also have to take into consideration how temperature effects humidity. Warmer air holds more moisture so as your temperature drops the RH rises.

I don't pay attention to VPD, but is the question whether VPD and water vs nutrient feedings are related? Not in the direct sense since it's not part of the equation. I can see why watering or not watering would make a difference to the RH in the tent, as well as affecting transpiration (which will effect both RH and leaf temperature).

Whether there are nutrients in the water might be relevant in some way but you're probably on your own calculating what that is!

Also, great thread on VPD here:

I also understand that the temp reading you use for calculation is the leaf temperature. I have no way to read that with my automated system so I hang a temp/humidity sensor at the same height as the top of the canopy.

VPD has to with how much humidity the air can hold at any given temperature; as previously stated the best way to manipulate VPD is with a humidifier or dehumidifier or a mixture of both. VPD maters especially if it’s too high think about how you feel when you walk out into the humid summer air it’s suffocating almost, they feel that through their stomata.

Depending on the VPD the stomata can be forced shut not allowing the plant to breath or too far opened allows too much moisture to leave the plant.

Everything is pretty much covered in your responses but personally I do check my vpd is in range (you can just download the chart online as it's quicker then a calculator) instead of forcing/chasing perfect vpd. Basically consistency before vpd, if I have a humidifier a heater and extractor constantly changing to keep in range I'll forget it and sit out of range. I think it's less stress and energy as I know my body would prefer that. Constant temperature changes makes me Stressed an uncomfortable.

To add, if my garden looked as good as yours does I wouldn't change a thing! They look like there loving life!

I also understand that the temp reading you use for calculation is the leaf temperature. I have no way to read that with my automated system so I hang a temp/humidity sensor at the same height as the top of the canopy.
That sounds logical to me, thanks. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom