Hello from Canada and question

Hello. Brand new grower here in Ontario Canada. Been browsing the threads for a while and figured I'd join the group. Just got legal not to long ago here and we're allowed to grow 4 plants so figured I'd give it a try this summer. I only started with one plant and it was more to see if i could even do it and not kill it.. So its an outdoor grow, Critical Mass (guy said it would be an easier grow), 5 gallon bucket and basically using miracle grow... I know i know probably alot of people losing their mind. I was just trying to see how cheap i could do it.

Well she's been doing pretty decent IMO for our seasons and weather. My only concern is its now Sept here and temps are dropping to 10C (50F for americans) at night and next week it's going to rain allllllll week, so im worried about mold and well her general well being and wonder if i should just harvest now. I've attached some photos to help... She doesn't look like she's done but im worried if i leave her out in rain all week she'll get mold and or die from cold and wet.

I'm a newbie here as well, good looking plant. Also I used miracle grow for years pre internet and the massive amount of info. I grew some huge plants.

Welcome @Fyrious it's not about the lights or the nutes, it's about the technique and the love! You will grow fine weed under whatever your budget gives you. Miracle grow is great food, not by chance its been around for eons. $60 bucks gets a nice used old school LED off Ebay, if that's all I had I (and it's definitely all I've had at times) might try and find something there myself. Mars Hydro 300's grow really good weed! Cheers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

P.S. With that said, I love my new QB which I got cheap too!

Well... I decided to cut a small piece off of the bottom over the weekend and dried it for a day. Took a bit to light which makes sense since i only dried it one day. But damn... Quite the head high! I was pleasantly surprised.

So I'll be bringing her inside and finishing her off in my pantry with a light, fan, timer. Let her get at least another week of fattening up and love.

Thank you all for the help. Im gonna go crush some threads on indoor growing.

I would leave it outside. Flowering plants love cool weather. All my garden flowers look amazing right now including the cannabis. Depending on where you are in Canada daytime highs in the 70s is fine for cannabis. Humidity is also lower this time of year so I would not be so worried about Mold at all. These types of plants are extremely hardy and stronger than we all think. I don’t know why most people want to baby their cannabis. If you have room outside you should try planting them in the ground next year. The ground provides a lot of heat to get the plant through cooler nights. Unless you have a frost advisory in September she should do just fine where she is. I fear bringing her inside will shock it most definitely, you are changing her entire environment and the shock will stunt whatever little time is left in flowering - which looks to be about 3 weeks or less.

In Alberta, it’s been cold my man. @greenjeans has been battling bud rot for a few weeks now, and he’s in Ontario. Where about do you live @Camer41 in Canada?

A lot of what you said is correct, but this summer in Alberta, has been wet and cold. I don’t grow outdoors, but I know I’d be shitting bricks if I did.

This summer in Alberta, has been wet and cold. I don’t grow outdoors, but I know I’d be shitting bricks if I did.

it's been the same in sask. i know a few who are outdoor and they're not confident this year.

Hey Fyr - I'm in Ontario around the Lake Simcoe area - my gals are in laundry tubs - two in a greenhouse and some outside under a clear poly cover and I've got things rigged up to provide draping around them if the nites seem too cold. Most of the bud rot has been on one of my forest dwellers - they have not nearly enough sunlight or breeze. I also thought I had a bit on Angie from when she was snuggled up to a couple of spruce trees as punishment for producing a few Nanas - she has behaved and is back in the fold again up against the shed wall under cover. If I'm not mistaken she has some amber trichs - the weather forecast for the next week looks good so....I live in hope.
How big of a deal would it be to bring them in at nite and then back out for the sun??

I think it would be fine as long as the amount of dark hrs is the same but maybe not. Someone else on here will know. Have any pics?

Attachments

• 20190915_083916.jpg
    20190915_083916.jpg
    948.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190915_083938.jpg
    20190915_083938.jpg
    912.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20190915_083902.jpg
    20190915_083902.jpg
    934 KB · Views: 42
I think that's what im going to do. Found a bulb and lamp for about 60 bucks. So ill put it in my pantry for next week or two.
i will never bring another outside plant inside. Think about all the mites and other critters that may be hitchhiking !!

Welcome!

I agree with everyone else...thats the benefit of a bucket...you can move it. Take it under some type of shelter. It looks great though! Nice fat looking buds! I dont know why people knock 5 gallon buckets, thats basically all I use...I mean, you can veg a plant for 8 months in them BEFORE even budding.
I have never knocked 5 gl. buckets. It's the old stand by and I think almost everyone has used them. But If you ever grew in a 20gl. pot, then you'll know the difference, and I doubt you'd ever use 5 gl. again?? Greenest regards !!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why would you say that???!
I've been considering up-sizing my pots.
Now I'm legally obligated to :Rasta: which is my excuse now

Theoretically speaking......how big COULD a pot plant get? I mean a 20gal potter and a 1 year veg cycle.......hmmmm...my living room looks big enough....

my bro has one in a 20 gal garbage bin and the stalk is so big. it must be 4 inch diameter. i'd get some pics if he'd get them bug under control lmao. outdoor growing must suck

LOL FUCK YEAH. Weed tree. :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke: PICS!!!!
I personally use 10 gl. fabric bags, and 4 in a 4x4 tent. I have two bloom tents, and one 4x4 veg tent. I run one bloom tent during the day, and the other at night. I'm 15 days into bloom, for both tents, 4 ghost train haze and 4 sour diesel & blueberry. Will be planting 4 Durban poison seeds, in one gl. bags tomorrow. Getting cooler in Ma., so time to start growing inside !!

Back
Top Bottom