Hello from the desert!

SandKing

What is up community?
Just got my medical card here in NV, and plan to take full advantage of the 12 plants they allow each card holder to grow.
Where better to start than a place like 420 mag to get my grasp on the processes available?
Anyhoo, just wanted to drop a line and say Hi to everyone.

-SK
:peacetwo::morenutes:

welcome Sandking to the :420: community, the place where amateur to expert growers can learn from eachother to accomplish the goal of bigger and better yields, since your in NV you should look into a couple of outdoor plants, I don't see you having to worry about frost where you are lol... outdoor plants get substantially bigger since there not on a normal 8 week veg schedule, my outdoor plant is on its 8 week of veg and it still has exactly 8 more weeks left of vegging (im not sure how big its going to get!?)
I would recommend getting 2 or 3 outdoor plants that are proven yielders like 900g+ per plant, then having the strains that have high medical use for an indoor grow

Below you can go to my grow journal
Dinafem Cheese

Thanks for the replies!

I forwarded your message regarding the outdoor grow to my brother... I have been trying to convince him to let me cut out this atrocity in our yard ... this massive bush that takes up the entire back left corner where the sun beats down for a solid 14 hours out of the day. I would love to build a little grow area over there for a handful of plants.
The garage is perfect and already has 2x 1'x6" rectangles cut out on one wall for intake/outake... so I should be able to setup some nice airflow (i will make them wider if needed).
0 humidity in vegas means less of a chance for mold and all that fun stuff... bugs are pretty limited once the temp gets up there.. we have had a solid week of 75deg. mornings and 105deg. days.
I will be building an enclosure for the inside grow in the garage this weekend and looking into cutting out those bushes in the yard.
I am pretty new to the grow scene, but with all the information out there I think it should be great.
I am going to start with some beginner strains and progressively take more risks in future grows.
Since it is medicinal I will be uploading a number of pictures and videos for any help I can get on the forum once I get everything up and running.. looking at a 2 week window.
Look forward to reading up on the site and looking at your and other growers tips and advice.

Thanks,

SK (Tony)

Hey SandKing, have a big 420 welcome! :) your definitely in the right spot to get good honest tried and tested advice.
As for your lighting question, this is dependent on your grow areas size and your budget. MH/HPS (MH for veg, HPS for flower) are good for the money and produce well. Otherwise its LED, which can be quite expensive to get a good size footprint of light.
As your going 12 plants Id think of maybe 2 X 600 HPS, or going as high as 2 X 1000 watt, or get the dual spec bulbs for better vegging. It all comes down to budget though lol :(

Is one "better" than the other? My budget is $7,000. I have wanted to do this for years and been saving up a little bit of side cash. Hopefully, one day I will be growing for the stores out here... or own my own store. I work in IT, and from home, so i will always be around. Price should not be an issue... LED is more cost efficient when it comes to bills and such, but how about product quality? My brother and I are saving to have our house decked out in solar panels to one day eliminate the need for the electric company... at which time I will be getting solar generators as well in the case that for some reason we are down and out I can stay on track with my plants. Back on track... So with the current $7,000 I can go either way... what is the dual spec bulb?

lol :) yeah you can most certainly go either way with that budget!! :) LED is finally here in terms of bud production and quality for sure! Im just about to start up my big LED for the first time in the next week. So by all means check my sponsored thread out, links are below :)
As for quality the big brand LED companies have that sorted for sure! :) They are indeed less to run than equivalent high pressure bulbs.
As for the dual spec high pressure, it simply means they give off the same or as near as dammit range of light as both MH and HPS! :)

Appreciate the PM and would like to message you on there, but I need to establish 50 posts before I can PM ... Im done working in like 4 hours and I will try and get 50 in by that time so I can reply. Very helpful with the LEDs and I have a few questions, but will wait until later to PM.

Back
Top Bottom