Help! Any way of saving moldy weed?

Mcjoint

i harvested last week and it dried out faster than i would have liked so i trimmed it and put it in jars about 4 or 5 days ago. i woke up this morning and checked my nugs and i have mold. i saw a video of jorge cervantes where he was washing off powdery mildew with some water and h202. so currently my bud are submerged in h202 and plain tap water. has anyone been able to save some moldy weed?

Im smoking a moldy bowl as we speak. Same kind of thing happend to me. I took all of the bigger places off and im smoking the" fury" nugs:) either the mold or this weed gets me really stoned:)

Sent from my BLU DASH 3.5 II using 420

I wouldn't try to save it but that's just me. Some people do and smoke it and are just fine. If you have a weak immune system , medical issues or you have been really sick lately I wouldn't smoke it at all. Definetly not worth the risk.

I got a question for you guys though. Some of us a still new growers and have tried our best to stay away from any mold issues. Is there anything you may have did that you would do different? Opening jars longer or more often? Letting hang dry longer? Using a fan or upping the heat? I think your insight on your mold might help some of us young bucks avoid it in the future.

I put in the jars to soon. This was my first harvest did everything prematurely. Wait for the stem to snap

Sent from my BLU DASH 3.5 II using 420

I let mine hang dry for about 7 days or so then into the jars. For the first week I burp them about 3-4 times a day then once a day for about a week then every couple of days for another week. Some people use (probably gonna butcher the name) bovida 62%, some kinda moisture absorbing pack.

well i washed the bud twice with hydrogen peroxide and water then i baked it at 300 degrees for 15 mins. i didn't have a very large amount of mold since i checked the jars every day. i should have pulled the buds out every day to air dry instead of just opening the jars

I wouldn't try to save it but that's just me. Some people do and smoke it and are just fine. If you have a weak immune system , medical issues or you have been really sick lately I wouldn't smoke it at all. Definetly not worth the risk.

I got a question for you guys though. Some of us a still new growers and have tried our best to stay away from any mold issues. Is there anything you may have did that you would do different? Opening jars longer or more often? Letting hang dry longer? Using a fan or upping the heat? I think your insight on your mold might help some of us young bucks avoid it in the future.

The best tip I've heard is when it's all jarred up, you want the bud to be able to separate and fall loosely. Even super sticky stuff should fall apart in clumps. If you turn a jar upside down, and only half the mass falls off and the other half sticks at the bottom of the jar, it's still too moist. Take it out and put it in a paper bag for 24 hrs (mixing it up a bit every few hours ), then jar it back up for a couple of hours and check again. Once it falls apart loosely you can start leaving the lid on and burping to do the cure.

Mold cannot be washed off. The hyphae burrow into the plant tissues, and no amount of water or H2O2 will get rid of them. Some people are deathly allergic to mold in any form. There is a reason professionals wear masks and hazmat suits when they remove moldy walls from buildings.

Baking the buds decarbs them. I don't know what that does to the cure, tho. And microorganisms can survive hundreds of degrees (extremophiles). Smoking contaminated buds is playing Russian Roulette with your immune system.

I wonder if putting it ozone would kill it. I am about to ozone sterilize my whole house.

The best tip I've heard is when it's all jarred up, you want the bud to be able to separate and fall loosely. Even super sticky stuff should fall apart in clumps. If you turn a jar upside down, and only half the mass falls off and the other half sticks at the bottom of the jar, it's still too moist. Take it out and put it in a paper bag for 24 hrs (mixing it up a bit every few hours ), then jar it back up for a couple of hours and check again. Once it falls apart loosely you can start leaving the lid on and burping to do the cure.

excellent advise,, this is key, i think. the buds must be dry enuf to not stick together,, then jarred,, and rechecked for sticking regularly,,

i find this to be just under 60% rh but that is using my cheap rh gauges,, which i have two of and they both give dif readings,, ha

well said fert

Back
Top Bottom