Help: Is my plant dying?

Im wondering, wouldn’t that just be a transplant shock?
Since it’s my first grow and I’m kind of learning at the same time as I’m growing the babies, I did transplant her very early. I don’t think the first 2 pair of proper leaves appeared yet.

Im thinking this because the 2 other plants in the system are just fine, they received the same amount of nutrients, light, etc etc

I don’t have either cal or mag unfortunately and the guy at the shop told me to have an EC of 0.6-0.8 the first week.
Since my water is naturally at 0,5, I figured I’d do 0,5+0.6-8 ?
As I said already, you can get by for now most likely without it- but chances are you will need it before the grow is done (cal mag is what im talking about- which is a product that you add).

I understand what you tried to do now by coming in at such a high EC.

take some time and read some journals using hydroponics, it will answer many questions before you can ask them.

also consider starting an actual journal.

The unfortunate side when using water that's not RO, you don't know what's in the water that you started with. It doesn't dissappear because it's inconvenient, it's part of your equation for nutrients.

Mix up your nutrients as suggested, at 250ppm or less. Just the Floranova grow, water, and ph down.

The reservoir is located right underneath the clay balls, so when the water is delivered through the ring it goes back down into the reservoir
So you lift the system off the reservoir that it's placed on?

Wow, two days in a row missing the obvious- I'm on a roll :rofl:

Thank you @013 :Namaste:

Yeah the corner looks like where the pump would sit.

the concept has some potential, I'd modify the living crap out of it and hook up an external reservoir. And never ever would I grow more then one plant in it at a time. Mind you, at that point, it would resemble what I use.

High folks!

Brgow, is it possible for you to obtain a water quality report? 250ppm tap water is rather elevated. It probably contains enough Calcium and Magnesium. But it may also contain excessive sodium, iron, etc. It would be good to know before adding CalMag to the mix.

:surf:

High folks!

Brgow, is it possible for you to obtain a water quality report? 250ppm tap water is rather elevated. It probably contains enough Calcium and Magnesium. But it may also contain excessive sodium, iron, etc. It would be good to know before adding CalMag to the mix.

:surf:
Listen to this guy, he knows his stuff!

As I said already, you can get by for now most likely without it- but chances are you will need it before the grow is done (cal mag is what im talking about- which is a product that you add).

I understand what you tried to do now by coming in at such a high EC.

take some time and read some journals using hydroponics, it will answer many questions before you can ask them.

also consider starting an actual journal.

The unfortunate side when using water that's not RO, you don't know what's in the water that you started with. It doesn't dissappear because it's inconvenient, it's part of your equation for nutrients.

Mix up your nutrients as suggested, at 250ppm or less. Just the Floranova grow, water, and ph down.

So you lift the system off the reservoir that it's placed on?
There’s a whole behind the ring that gives you access to the water! And thank you!

Just wondering, is it possible that I just got a bad seed? A seed that will produce a weaker plant?

Because at this point all the others are doing just fine, it’s just this little one that’s unhappy!
Very Possible. I planted 5 different OG strains on 8-22. 4 out of 5 are about 8" tall now. The other one is still only 1/2" tall. Popped it's head up & hasn't done shit since.

Now we can't see any hair through that Monster of a plant. Nice one ! You grow that ?
I sure did Sir, she is growing now, that's my 2021 Amnesia. Journal link below if you wanna visit her

Was wondering if an airstone in the res could put a bit more oxygen in the mix and liven things up a bit.
Thing is, i was looking to do DWC but the same guy in the shop said that air pump was actually bad, since it tricks the PH and say the air in your grow tent is not 100% clean it could lead to bringing bad stuff to the roots.
Im not sure to what extent that is, but overall he made me understand that the results won’t be as good.
The guy really seemed to know what he was talking about tho, you guys let me know your opinion

I do have an air pump tho, if you guys think I should try.

Also I was wondering, the led light I have gives me two options: veg, blue spectrum and bloom, with a red spectrum.

I keep reading different stuff, but what I am doing now is leaving it on full spectrum. Next grow I will try the blue and red spectrum and I was wondering what you guys think!
Surely you’d loose in PPFD?

Thanks!

guy in the shop said that air pump was actually bad, since it tricks the PH and say the air in your grow tent is not 100% clean it could lead to bringing bad stuff to the roots.
My experience is that bubbling air into a fertilizer solution will tend to make the pH rise. I don’t know about bringing bad stuff to the roots - that seems shaky.

leaving it on full spectrum
You are better off leaving it on full spectrum.

Thing is, i was looking to do DWC but the same guy in the shop said that air pump was actually bad, since it tricks the PH and say the air in your grow tent is not 100% clean it could lead to bringing bad stuff to the roots.
Im not sure to what extent that is, but overall he made me understand that the results won’t be as good.
The guy really seemed to know what he was talking about tho, you guys let me know your opinion

I do have an air pump tho, if you guys think I should try.

Also I was wondering, the led light I have gives me two options: veg, blue spectrum and bloom, with a red spectrum.

I keep reading different stuff, but what I am doing now is leaving it on full spectrum. Next grow I will try the blue and red spectrum and I was wondering what you guys think!
Surely you’d loose in PPFD?

Thanks!
I am no lighting expert, but I run blue only for the first week and then it is full from there on out. Red for flower? Eeeeehhh, I have the ability to run my flower set up like that if I wanted to, but I choose not to.

Back
Top Bottom