Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Thanks Chrome and welcome! You inspired me to look into hempy. I hope it works as well for me as it did for you. Did you lst your plants?

Thanks BlueDog, glad I could inspire you. I am sure Hempy will treat you as well as it does me. Yes I did Lst my plants I also Topped them. Well two of them any ways. I let the clone grow free and wild.

Not very exciting pics but here are a few:

Sammie... a bagseed and a month older than the others. She's such a lush dark green it just absorbs the flash

IMAG03131.jpg

Baby AK-48 on her first day

IMAG03141.jpg

Baby Bubba Kush

IMAG03151.jpg

Lucy Blot - she stretched in her first day and twice as tall as the others.

IMAG03161.jpg

Baby Bagseed
IMAG03171.jpg

Group shots:

IMAG03181.jpg

IMAG03191.jpg

Looking good brother! whats your plan for the tie down as she grows? I like to have one around the base about an inch from the top of the perlite pulling away from the plant as I tighten the the higher up tie down each day.what this does is allows your main stem to remain straight as you bring the rest of the stalk down to a horizontal.

Heres a photo from after I harvest that shows the end result
Bent2.JPG

See what I mean by pulling in one directing and bending in another.

Looking good brother! whats your plan for the tie down as she grows? I like to have one around the base about an inch from the top of the perlite pulling away from the plant as I tighten the the higher up tie down each day.what this does is allows your main stem to remain straight as you bring the rest of the stalk down to a horizontal.

Bent2.JPG

That's a perfect pic, thanks Chrome! I'm going to try and do exactly that. Right now the tie-down is at soil level. I'm not going to touch her again until she gets bigger.

Glad I have a bagseed to practice on. Could be a male for all I know, in which case her name is shortened to just Sam.

Do you think the roots have reached the res yet? It's been 15 days, probably had about 8 inches to grow down.

Bent2.JPG

I find zip ties, to be invaluable for LST in hempys
heres a pick of the horizontal mom in my journal
03061.JPG
02779.JPG

BlueDog this is lolly-popping. See how all the lower branches are cleaned off(they make good clones too)
02297.JPG

And topping, you cut the apical main stem(main growth shoot) On this pic you can't even see a main shoot, it's buried in the foliage, and the side branches are now "tops" This one was cut twice, once each week
02394.JPG

Hope this helps;)

I find zip ties, to be invaluable for LST in hempys
heres a pick of the horizontal mom in my journal
03061.JPG
02779.JPG

BlueDog this is lolly-popping. See how all the lower branches are cleaned off(they make good clones too)
02297.JPG

And topping, you cut the apical main stem(main growth shoot) On this pic you can't even see a main shoot, it's buried in the foliage, and the side branches are now "tops" This one was cut twice, once each week
02394.JPG

Hope this helps;)

Thanks Elbee you're a font of good information and I appreciate it!

Had some shrooms popping up in the mini-hempies of the AK-48 and Bubba Kush. Took a dull knife and knocked them over.

That little AK sure is a slow grower, wonder if she's a runt. 8 days to sprout. We shall see.

Thanks Elbee you're a font of good information and I appreciate it!

Had some shrooms popping up in the mini-hempies of the AK-48 and Bubba Kush. Took a dull knife and knocked them over.

That little AK sure is a slow grower, wonder if she's a runt. 8 days to sprout. We shall see.

Shrooms!?, anything your put into a hempy needs to be sterile. No mushrooms should grow, maybe some algae, but that's only if you keep the top too wet. Got any pics?

Shrooms!?, anything your put into a hempy needs to be sterile. No mushrooms should grow, maybe some algae, but that's only if you keep the top too wet. Got any pics?

I was just about to say the same. You want to keep your buckets clean as possible. To do this you can flush your buckets with a solution of one cup H202 to one gallon of water.

Guys I made my mini-hempies like Doc did, with the bottom half perlite and the top half a 50/50 soil perlite mix with about 1/4" of soil on top.

It's obviously not sterile soil, just stuff I had reused from the earlier grow. Do you think that's a problem? I had these growing in a few of my big plants from time to time last grow. It usually just indicates the soil is very fertile.

Guys I made my mini-hempies like Doc did, with the bottom half perlite and the top half a 50/50 soil perlite mix with about 1/4" of soil on top.

It's obviously not sterile soil, just stuff I had reused from the earlier grow. Do you think that's a problem? I had these growing in a few of my big plants from time to time last grow. It usually just indicates the soil is very fertile.

Yes, that's definitely the source of your mushrooms.

I was just about to say the same. You want to keep your buckets clean as possible. To do this you can flush your buckets with a solution of one cup H202 to one gallon of water.

Hey Chrome, I has wondering if you've ever used hygrozyme "? spelling", for root health with hempys?
I've been thinking about tring some in a few buckets.Thoughts? Maybe have to feed some carbs with it but do you think it would be beneficial?

Hey Chrome, I has wondering if you've ever used hygrozyme "? spelling", for root health with hempys?
I've been thinking about tring some in a few buckets.Thoughts? Maybe have to feed some carbs with it but do you think it would be beneficial?

Hygrozyme works wayyyy better than H202, believe me, i've tried both. Peroxide is more beneficial if you're running a hydroponic set up because the roots get it directly sprayed on them. when you put it in a medium, it looses its potency really before the roots can reap the benefits. Hygrozyme is specifically triggered to keeping those babies breathing and keeping them up to speed by allowing them to get everything they need from the soil. I use it in my grows and it's definitely something i would recommend.

I don't think it should be a problem as long as they're not too nutrient heavy or have any TRF/CRF's in them. You should be good to go, soil always brings out the taste. obviously new soil would probably be better but i don't think youre in any danger :]

Everythings lookin great! good job with LST'ing and light positioning! can't wait for the rest :ganjamon:

Hygrozyme works wayyyy better than H202, believe me, i've tried both. Peroxide is more beneficial if you're running a hydroponic set up because the roots get it directly sprayed on them. when you put it in a medium, it looses its potency really before the roots can reap the benefits. Hygrozyme is specifically triggered to keeping those babies breathing and keeping them up to speed by allowing them to get everything they need from the soil. I use it in my grows and it's definitely something i would recommend.

I don't think it should be a problem as long as they're not too nutrient heavy or have any TRF/CRF's in them. You should be good to go, soil always brings out the taste. obviously new soil would probably be better but i don't think youre in any danger :]

Everythings lookin great! good job with LST'ing and light positioning! can't wait for the rest :ganjamon:

Hey kylester thanks for stopping by and the great info. I copied this from one of DocBud's grows cause I like saving money:

"Instead of the Hygrozyme, save even more money and use one of the enzyme products marketed towards pond hobbyists. Also sold hardware stores, pet stores and online. Pond-Zyme Plus, Nice n' Easy Pond & Lake restoration, Fountain Cleaner".

I'm not using any of these at the moment but may try one at some point.

This isn't going to be a soil grow, just in the mini-hempies. When they're big enough they're going to be transplanted into 100% perlite, along with whatever bits of soil cling to the roots. I've heard many times and have no reason to question that soil can produce more exquisite smoke, but I just want simple.

That's why I may not even use something like hygrozyme. So far I've used OC+ and rainwater. I'm going to ride that horse as long as I can.

Most of the lights are now being used to finish the girls from my last grow, and as you can see I'm no electrician. If it will hold a light, I'll use it :)

IMAG02761.jpg

Just came over to read your thread from the beginning. I absolutely love the picture and the sentiment. People wondering where to get light fixtures should just start hitting the garage sales.

Great looking grow. :popcorn::hookah:

Regarding the mushrooms......they may not have come from the soil. I've had soil in every hempy bucket I've ever used....never had a mushroom.

On the other hand, I remember a sorority house from when I was in college that had mushrooms growing in the bathroom on the linoleum. Mushrooms are fungus. fungus can and does grow anywhere.

When you water the hempy bucket, top water in one place. keep the rest of the medium dry. in the mean time, kill the fungus by spraying with serenade.

Just came over to read your thread from the beginning. I absolutely love the picture and the sentiment. People wondering where to get light fixtures should just start hitting the garage sales.

Great looking grow. :popcorn::hookah:

Thanks TwoTokes! This summer I went to the nearby Home DePot and they had these lamps on clearance, they are just nice chrome posts about 18" tall, but they had these funky shades that kind of make them look japanese. I didn't care about the shades at all, and they were marked down from $24 to $7. Not as cheap as a garage sale but I ended up buying 8 of them over the next 2 weeks.

Those are the shorter upright lights in the pic. The 4 taller lamps I already had. Everything else is clamp lights with reflectors. It's not pretty, but there's a lot of light and I can surround the plants very well.

The thing I really like about CFL grows is the inventiveness of lighting solutions and the ability to see what the change in light can do to an individual bud.

Back
Top Bottom