Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

I need to get a better ph meter or test kit, if my ph is at around 6.8 it's too high. Bought some ph down at the pet store yesterday, it's got sulphuric acid. PH'd about 25 gals of rainwater with the recommended dosage, but it doesn't say anything more than how much to use. Like how much it will drop the ph. And my test kit only goes down to 6.8 so I have no idea what it really is, it's a bit lighter than the test color.

Couple of pics.

AK48 has been up 4 days, still not doing much. First set of leaves look deformed. She germed 6 days more than the others, hope she comes around but she could be a mutant. Hope not, I really want to grow this one.

IMAG03323.jpg

Bubba Kush, 10 days, not growing vertically but nice big leaves.

IMAG03333.jpg

Lucy Blot, she stretched the first day, then fell over, now she's building herself back up. 10 days

IMAG03342.jpg

Baby Bagseed, 10 days. I'm probably going to end up pulling it, I no longer want to cross-breed if it's a male and I'd rather grow another good plant if it's a girl. I'll see how the cloning works out before I decide.

IMAG03351.jpg

Sammie, my other unsexed bagseed. I may pull her but for now she's useful as a guinea pig, I'll make my mistakes on her before passing them along. She's about 45 days old but didn't get much light or care early.

IMAG03362.jpg

IMAG03302.jpg

IMAG03311.jpg

Here was Sammie when I put her into hempy, 20 days ago.

IMAG02411.jpg

Regarding the mushrooms......they may not have come from the soil. I've had soil in every hempy bucket I've ever used....never had a mushroom.

On the other hand, I remember a sorority house from when I was in college that had mushrooms growing in the bathroom on the linoleum. Mushrooms are fungus. fungus can and does grow anywhere.

When you water the hempy bucket, top water in one place. keep the rest of the medium dry. in the mean time, kill the fungus by spraying with serenade.

Hey Doc sorry I missed your post somehow. I knocked over the shrooms and haven't seen any since, I had these same little guys from time to time in my outdoor soil grow. Makes sense since I used some of the soil for the minis.

I'll start watering in one place. I do that already with Sammie.

Hey bluedog, just droppin in again. A pH kit would come in great handy. Another thing you might want to consider is watering with tap water instead of rainwater. It might seem farfetched but tap water actually has a lot of the minerals your plant needs like Zinc, Mg, etc... (You can find out exactly what's in your tap water and how much by looking at your water tables for your area). If you're gonna invest in a better pH kit, you could pH down the tap water to about 6.0-6.5 which would help out with water hardness (calcium levels) and other problems the tap water might have. my pH levels might be a liiittle off because i'm not using complete hempy but it shouldn't vary too much. Just wondering what your thoughts are on it :)

Everything's looking great though and I wouldn't worry too much about the leaves on AK48, if it's still alive, it's still growing and some plants handle stress better/worse than others. I think she'll be just fine! the tap water may help with leaf deficiencies too.

Keep up the good work! :peacetwo:

Hey bluedog, just droppin in again. A pH kit would come in great handy. Another thing you might want to consider is watering with tap water instead of rainwater. It might seem farfetched but tap water actually has a lot of the minerals your plant needs like Zinc, Mg, etc... (You can find out exactly what's in your tap water and how much by looking at your water tables for your area). If you're gonna invest in a better pH kit, you could pH down the tap water to about 6.0-6.5 which would help out with water hardness (calcium levels) and other problems the tap water might have. my pH levels might be a liiittle off because i'm not using complete hempy but it shouldn't vary too much. Just wondering what your thoughts are on it :)

Everything's looking great though and I wouldn't worry too much about the leaves on AK48, if it's still alive, it's still growing and some plants handle stress better/worse than others. I think she'll be just fine! the tap water may help with leaf deficiencies too.

Keep up the good work! :peacetwo:

Hey Kylester! I've been thinking the same thing about my tap water, it's extremely hard so it's full of minerals. I need to get a handle on ph, I constantly worried about it my last grow and think it caused me tons of problems. Especially since I was using the totally wrong thing for ph down. Probably ph up too lol!

I tried to go to the only hydro store anywhere around today, sign on the window they're now closed on Mondays. I'm worried he won't be in business much longer.

Luckily it wasn't much out of my way and I'll try again tomorrow. Otherwise I'll hit ebay. I'm going to try and get a better test kit.

Take care my friend... peace!

I'm leaving in a bit to try and hit the hydro store again before work.

I'm really excited with how these plants are doing. The three in the mini-hempies - excluding the mutant AK48 - are just exploding.

The AK48 is kicking out it's first set of mutant leaves but I can already see the next ones forming, which I'm hoping will be normal looking and she'll be on her merry way.

The nodes on Sammie are so tightly stacked I don't think I can get a string in there to tie her again, which she already needs.

I'm feeling really liberated, especially once I get a good ph meter. All I'll have to worry about is ph'ing the water and watching for any signs of trouble.

This time around in my first grow I was worrying about if I should start feeding them yet, and if so how much. And the constant worry about soil ph.

OC+ and hempy are an awesome combo. DocBud is the man!

Regarding the mushrooms......they may not have come from the soil. I've had soil in every hempy bucket I've ever used....never had a mushroom.

On the other hand, I remember a sorority house from when I was in college that had mushrooms growing in the bathroom on the linoleum. Mushrooms are fungus. fungus can and does grow anywhere.

When you water the hempy bucket, top water in one place. keep the rest of the medium dry. in the mean time, kill the fungus by spraying with serenade.

"Un-sterilized" soil, the unsterilized portion is what I was referring to, in regards to the soil

Hey BlueDog, DocBud and Setting Sun....I've been reading these posts on Hempy, I just got the holes drilled in some buckets, waiting on some clones, and heck, Im gonna give it a go...

Do you use molasses or carbo blast in bloom? Im also usiing a CFL..

Thanks for your time and sharing...

NCDude

Hey BlueDog, DocBud and Setting Sun....I've been reading these posts on Hempy, I just got the holes drilled in some buckets, waiting on some clones, and heck, Im gonna give it a go...

NCDude

I would not use molasses or carboblast, because there are no organisms in the medium that could benefit from them.

just use a well balanced fertilizer and mind those micronutes!

I got to the hydro store today and they had wide spectrum ph drops, measuring from 8.5 down to 4 for $8. I may be able to make do with that hopefully. My pool test kit only went down to 6.8. Looks to me like my treated rainwater is about 6.0 so I should be good to go, I'll probably just 6'ish it as Doc says.

My tap water is a different story.

My local water district reports the following:

ph 9.1
total chlorine .83 mg/l
flouride .98 mg/l
total alkalinity 67mg/l
total hardness 152 mg/l (8.8gpg)
sodium 29mg/l

There's lots of great talk about water in the hempy thread. I have to go back and review it now.

NCDude

Welcome NCDude! I think you'll really like hempy. Just do what Doc did and you'll be golden. And if you have any problems we're all here.

I got to the hydro store today and they had wide spectrum ph drops, measuring from 8.5 down to 4 for $8. I may be able to make do with that hopefully. My pool test kit only went down to 6.8. Looks to me like my treated rainwater is about 6.0 so I should be good to go, I'll probably just 6'ish it as Doc says.

My tap water is a different story.

My local water district reports the following:

ph 9.1
total chlorine .83 mg/l
flouride .98 mg/l
total alkalinity 67mg/l
total hardness 152 mg/l (8.8gpg)
sodium 29mg/l

There's lots of great talk about water in the hempy thread. I have to go back and review it now.

Your tap water is near perfect. I'd use it. pH down to 6 ish.

Took some pics. The plants are loving life right now. AK48 was a late bloomer and kinda mutant, but I hope she'll come around.

AK48, 8 days old. Her first set of hopefully normal leaves are starting to emerge.

C360_2010-10-22_23-18-21.jpg

Bubba Kush, 14 days old and groovin'

C360_2010-10-22_23-18-38.jpg

Lucy Blot, also 14 days old and looking great.

C360_2010-10-22_23-18-57.jpg

C360_2010-10-22_23-19-18.jpg

And baby bagseed, 14 days

C360_2010-10-22_23-20-09.jpg

Here's Sammy. She needs to be tied again. Between her tight nodes and hempy base it's a lot tougher than last time. She's a little beauty.

Born 48 days ago, she went into her hempy home on 9/29 so it's been 23 days.

C360_2010-10-22_23-15-06_Share.jpg

C360_2010-10-22_23-20-34.jpg

C360_2010-10-22_23-21-43.jpg

Those yellowed lower leaves are from her early, neglected days. Everything since the transplant is a dark lush green.

OK Sammie is tied, and pretty horizontal. I'm going to walk her around the bucket. I tied another brace first, opposite from the way I bent her.

You almost couldn't tell I'd already tied her, she just straightend up and kept on growing.

IMAG03462.jpg

IMAG03473.jpg

10 hrs later Sammie is oriented back towards the light.

IMAG03493.jpg

IMAG03501.jpg

Future bud sites already climbing for the lights.

IMAG03511.jpg

This Bubba Kush is just gorgeous and a really dark green, hard to capture in a pic. She's less than 2 inches tall.

IMAG03521.jpg

IMAG03532.jpg

Lucy looks great but not the color of the BK.

IMAG0355.jpg

The AK48's next leaves are coming out now and look much better. I hope she's going to be back on track soon.

IMAG03561.jpg

Thanks Elbee that makes a lot of sense. I could really feel how loose she was in the perlite when I tied her. However she's doing great so we'll see if I harmed her.

I'd like to keep them as short as possible and grow them around the circumference of their buckets. I'll play it by ear and tread very softly.

Hi Blue You can do it. I once did one around the pot and it worked. New growth all the way around.

Keep it up buddy, your on a pretty good roll!

Hi Blue You can do it. I once did one around the pot and it worked. New growth all the way around.

Keep it up buddy, your on a pretty good roll!

Thanks OMM! The Blot Grow got deleted. I can see their point, but it's somewhat absurd that you can't talk about a plant here that's just like all the other ones except for it's name, which we weren't even using. Didn't help that the very first idiot poster put the name in there. Oh well....

Are you going to be journalling your blot? If not please drop some pics in my hempy thread from time to time.... thanks :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom