Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

You're welcome to post your pics here anytime Chopper, this journal has a mind of it's own anyhow.

I'll be gone in November for sure and probably earlier too, and I've been trying to work out the timing already. Who says stoners aren't planners! Now good planners might be a different story :tokin::tokin:

Had a little scare this morning, went in to see if the girls were still alive - they are - and my light had worked itself free of the improvised struts I'd made with a coat hanger and was basically hanging vertically. I think I've got that tightened up and balanced better now.

My main issue with the light mover is the power cord for the light... it's big, heavy, not very flexible and it totally throws off the balance of the light. So you need something to keep the light level, which is where my struts come in. I had an option to buy hangers with the light and probably should have , but I didn't know if I'd need them. When it was stationary I didn't need them at all.

A few more crappy pics sorry this is really frustrating me too, even tried using some 65k lights.

the 4 bubblegums

IMAG1438.jpg

IMAG1439.jpg

the transplanted widows

IMAG1442.jpg

the transplanted ak's

IMAG1444.jpg

the ag's and bubs

IMAG1443.jpg

the whole happy family with their sun once again shining

IMAG1447.jpg

That's it Blue, the last straw, I cant spend my time hangin out around a journal with pics of such low quality. And the problems with the light mover, dont get me started....And alge? Really!?......KIDDING!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Dude quit feelin bad for pics, lots of jornals dont make it very long just cuz they DON'T have pics! Just go look at the abandoned journals section!!:)

If you ask me, it's easy to see what you're doing, and IMHO you're still doin great with all those plants. The red D. wasn't your fault, anyonr who's been around here long enough knows she was a weak link from the start. She would have made a great babysitter for those two weak ass seeds I tried!!

This journal has the combo of being thoroughly entertaining as an addition to being fully informative, which in my opinion is more enjoyable than one where it's all business, or one where there's a lot of chat n not a lot of actual growing...You've probably helped more noobs get started than 90% of the growers on here...Holy crap I'm stoned....:Namaste:

nice job blue...

Thank you ss! You're doing a nice job yourself over there :tokin:

Looking great, Blue! :thumb:

Any chance of using an extension cord on the light mover to give it more "flexibility"?

Hey Mr Krip thanks! They look better in person, especially the big 5. The ak's will be nice too although small. Wish I could take better pics I'll keep working at it.

This is a nice light but the cord is hardwired between the mogul and ballast. If I get another I'll look for one that has outlets at both ends. Then I could get and extension cord and move the ballast out of the grow room.

Beyond that though I think it's 10', which is plenty long enough. It's just a very thick, rigid cord - nothing like a normal electric cord. The light itself weighs next to nothing, so all the weight and resistance is in the cord and it is constantly tugging the mover towards it.

The only solution I can think of would be to mount the ballast above the mover, and I'm not going to try that. I can just see it falling into the grow lol.

Thanks for stopping by bro :tokin:

Okay I been lurking and reading this massive journal. This is great, very informative, well documented. I think after reading this and 420fied's journal that my next grow will be hempy. Haven't decided if I'll journal it yet or not, still have a while before my current grow is done. Probably gonna do the SoG 2L with 12-16 plants, though I guess with that few it'll be more like a PoG (Pond of Green).

Anyway keep up the good work, it's been one of the most enjoyable of the journals I lurk in. Cant wait to see those ladies when they're finished.

Hey CrypticSteel welcome and thank you for the kind words! It pleases me that others like yourself are getting some enjoyment and hopefully good information here.

Obviously I'm a big hempy fan, I'm going to try a few soil clones soon but I see my ultimate future following in the footsteps of Horse and TwoTokes into dirty hempies with coco. If we can combine the explosive hydro-like growth of hempies with the smells and flavors of soil I think we'll have a winner.

Pond of Green - I love it lol :cheer:

I'm not expecting much from this first crop, I'm mostly interested in the 2 golds and 3 bubs that got to a good size. There's also a 3rd gold that's only on day 9 and I think she'll be fine too.

I've got 3 more ak's in the cloner and I'm going to take 3 gold cuttings tonight. I'm doing them in groups of 3 or 4 so I'll have rows all the same size, or at least that's my plan. I'm going to try and sustain a rolling grow for a few months here if the mothers cooperate. So for this first harvest only 5 good plants, but starting with the next gen I think I'll get what I'm after. I can still get at least 12 more 2 liters in there so as soon as the clones are ready they'll go right in.

Well your first post really got me rambling lol! Keep us posted on your plans and if you have any questions ask away :tokin:

:thanks:

That's it Blue, the last straw, I cant spend my time hangin out around a journal with pics of such low quality. And the problems with the light mover, dont get me started....And alge? Really!?......KIDDING!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Dude quit feelin bad for pics, lots of jornals dont make it very long just cuz they DON'T have pics! Just go look at the abandoned journals section!!:)

If you ask me, it's easy to see what you're doing, and IMHO you're still doin great with all those plants. The red D. wasn't your fault, anyonr who's been around here long enough knows she was a weak link from the start. She would have made a great babysitter for those two weak ass seeds I tried!!

This journal has the combo of being thoroughly entertaining as an addition to being fully informative, which in my opinion is more enjoyable than one where it's all business, or one where there's a lot of chat n not a lot of actual growing...You've probably helped more noobs get started than 90% of the growers on here...Holy crap I'm stoned....:Namaste:

Hey Q!

I'm stoned too so your post made perfect sense :cheer:

Thanks to you too for your kind words about the journal, it's been a fun ride and it's apparently not over yet. All credit goes to all you guys who drop in and contribute your knowledge and wit. 420 is a special place, so many good people here to help each other out and learn to grow the best meds that they can.

Take care my friend :high-five:

I've got 3 more ak's in the cloner and I'm going to take 3 gold cuttings tonight. I'm doing them in groups of 3 or 4 so I'll have rows all the same size, or at least that's my plan. I'm going to try and sustain a rolling grow for a few months here if the mothers cooperate. So for this first harvest only 5 good plants, but starting with the next gen I think I'll get what I'm after. I can still get at least 12 more 2 liters in there so as soon as the clones are ready they'll go right in.

That sounds like pretty good way to do it. With the mover and supplemental cfl's I dont think the difference in heights will affect you much.

I'm currently working on force feeding the family soda so I have the 2L's to work with. Got a couple of them sitting in the potting shed painted, cut down, with a damn hole in it, and OC+ on the way. Currently working on a home-made flood table with a drain to deal with waste water.

I keep trying to convince myself that its only going to be 12-16 plants so I dont need to work out an auto water system. However I'm failing and may just do it for the shits and lolz. :tokin:

I'm only in weeks 3 of flower in my current Wonder Woman soil grow so I've got time, might be too much time to keep me from trying to auto water lol

That sounds like pretty good way to do it. With the mover and supplemental cfl's I dont think the difference in heights will affect you much.

I'm currently working on force feeding the family soda so I have the 2L's to work with. Got a couple of them sitting in the potting shed painted, cut down, with a damn hole in it, and OC+ on the way. Currently working on a home-made flood table with a drain to deal with waste water.

I keep trying to convince myself that its only going to be 12-16 plants so I dont need to work out an auto water system. However I'm failing and may just do it for the shits and lolz. :tokin:

I'm only in weeks 3 of flower in my current Wonder Woman soil grow so I've got time, might be too much time to keep me from trying to auto water lol

Morning CS!

I hear ya on force feeding the family, I rarely drink soda and ended up drinking a ton of it for a few weeks there. Luckily that phase has ended :cheer:

I'm trying to figure out an auto-watering system too, so any ideas you have are great. I really don't think it will be that hard to do, and I've got time as well but it's coming to the forefront.

Dealing with runoff is one of the biggest hempy problems, you're smart to plan for it. There are differing opinions but I generally just water them enough to get a trickle of runoff. All the 2L's are sitting in larger tubs that can hold up to 12 of them. I take them out to water, let them sit for a bit afterwards and then put them back. I like to do this to rotate them a bit and get them a differing look at the lights.

I get a little runoff in the tubs but not much, I use some sponges on the margins to soak that up.

Obviously with an auto-watering system you won't be pulling the plants each time so I may need a better run-off solution, I'll have to see how it works.

I have 3 of those tubs. Currently the two on the ends are on 6" risers, and the one in the middle is on the ground with the tallest plants. It's the best I can do to try and keep the canopy even.

Have you started the clones yet? This is about the time to start, by the time they your WM is finishing they'll be ready to go.

Good luck and keep us posted! :peace:

Morning CS!

I hear ya on force feeding the family, I rarely drink soda and ended up drinking a ton of it for a few weeks there. Luckily that phase has ended :cheer:

I'm trying to figure out an auto-watering system too, so any ideas you have are great. I really don't think it will be that hard to do, and I've got time as well but it's coming to the forefront.

Dealing with runoff is one of the biggest hempy problems, you're smart to plan for it. There are differing opinions but I generally just water them enough to get a trickle of runoff. All the 2L's are sitting in larger tubs that can hold up to 12 of them. I take them out to water, let them sit for a bit afterwards and then put them back. I like to do this to rotate them a bit and get them a differing look at the lights.

I get a little runoff in the tubs but not much, I use some sponges on the margins to soak that up.

Obviously with an auto-watering system you won't be pulling the plants each time so I may need a better run-off solution, I'll have to see how it works.

I have 3 of those tubs. Currently the two on the ends are on 6" risers, and the one in the middle is on the ground with the tallest plants. It's the best I can do to try and keep the canopy even.

Have you started the clones yet? This is about the time to start, by the time they your WM is finishing they'll be ready to go.

Good luck and keep us posted! :peace:
Morning Bro.

No solid ideas on the auto-water yet, actually there was talk in here about it awhile back and was going to see how that turned out. Like was said getting even water pressure to all the spigots is important, dont want it blasting the perlite out of one bucket and only trickling into another.

My plan for the run-off is pretty simple. Basically a 1/2 in. piece of plywood framed by 1x4s a drain on one side with 1x4s angling towards it (in case the table isnt exactly level dont want the water pooling in a corner). Then line it with a thick plastic, run the drain down to some vinyl tubing and into a bucket. This will of course mean keeping the plants relatively short since I need them on a table, though judging by 420fied's current grow I should be fine.

I have clones started now (a few days ago) one of which will be the future baby momma. Not all that worried about the timing, I only grow for myself, the wife and certain extended family members so I'm working with a pretty relaxed time frame.

Hay BD, I have that same ballast and mogul. The wires are exceptionally stiff. I ended up clipping the wires, adding plug ends, and running some more flexible 12g extension cords I made up.

--- had a mover he rigged with some pullies and springs or bungies that contained the cord. You may be able to pull a loop of wire above the mover track? Maybe hang it so it has the give you need to stop the tugging. Probably let the motor relax a little?

Wireless hookups would be too sweet ;)

just scored a giant bag o perlite.....4 cubes (about 40 pounds worth) for 13.95. I've been paying 5 bucks for a regular bag of Fertilome (MG has feed in it) The company name is Grace...nice and coarse too. I'll grab another bag later in the week. The garden center is considering a hydro room:high-five:

Hey Blue, you're keepin' busy. Good job on the algae cleanup, those girls are probably about to blast off now that they can feed. Hope you get the mover sorted out. Small tweaks make a lot of difference at times.

WOW! Blue. Missed two days and I got three pages behind! Your certainly busy. Sounds like you have fought your way through most of the algae mess. Glad for you! I think Horse gave you a fix for the inflexible cord. :popcorn:

Listening to all the close calls everyone's had gave me the shivers.:smokin:

5 beans soaked, 5 beans in toweling......5 beans crack overnite.....5 beans break thru the soil 24 hours later:thumb::thumb: It should work like this all the time. Attitude rocks!!
Laying out the order for tomorrow now. Adam just dropped TGA's price 20% (no pick n mix) for the 4/20 holiday, so I gotta change things around a bit. Emerald Triangle's "California Wildfire" is looking good too. The ET seeds were the first to crack and first to break the soil surface as well....nice and fresh. I'm taking pix....in case things change anytime soon. this variety of auto flowers, and quick plants would make a good journal......Seed to Jar in 100 days.......it even has a title :)
:peacetwo:

Morning Blue,

I was wondering if this was the journal where I read about "Eva-Dry"? Does anybody remember where its sold? Temps and humidity are starting to rise here in the south.

Morning Bro.

No solid ideas on the auto-water yet, actually there was talk in here about it awhile back and was going to see how that turned out. Like was said getting even water pressure to all the spigots is important, dont want it blasting the perlite out of one bucket and only trickling into another.

My plan for the run-off is pretty simple. Basically a 1/2 in. piece of plywood framed by 1x4s a drain on one side with 1x4s angling towards it (in case the table isnt exactly level dont want the water pooling in a corner). Then line it with a thick plastic, run the drain down to some vinyl tubing and into a bucket. This will of course mean keeping the plants relatively short since I need them on a table, though judging by 420fied's current grow I should be fine.

I have clones started now (a few days ago) one of which will be the future baby momma. Not all that worried about the timing, I only grow for myself, the wife and certain extended family members so I'm working with a pretty relaxed time frame.

Morning Cryptic! I was going to do something a lot like you're doing for the runoff.

If you're dealing with different sized plants you may have to elevate some of them like I have, so keep that in mind in your design.

I got some good ideas this week, I'm going to check out lowes for a manifold like elec suggested, and I believe that Indajag sent me just what I'm looking for if I could only read it lol.

Still looking for advice on a good pump. I know I've seen a system like this somewhere before but can't remember where, it's not very different from what the flood guys are doing.

Take care!

Hay BD, I have that same ballast and mogul. The wires are exceptionally stiff. I ended up clipping the wires, adding plug ends, and running some more flexible 12g extension cords I made up.

--- had a mover he rigged with some pullies and springs or bungies that contained the cord. You may be able to pull a loop of wire above the mover track? Maybe hang it so it has the give you need to stop the tugging. Probably let the motor relax a little?

Wireless hookups would be too sweet ;)

Morning Horse! Wireless would be sweet indeed. Did you take pics of your conversion? If you can't tell by now electricity scares me and I'm reluctant to do anything like that, but maybe if it's simple enough.

My frame is a lot like the one you drew for OMM, with 1x4's all along the top. What I did was pull a whole lot more of the cord over the top of it to act as a counterweight, something I should have done from the beginning. It seems like it's running very smoothly now, although there's still some resistance. Soon I'll pick up some chain to replace the nylon rope that the light is hanging from, that way I can keep if from sliding. :peace:

just scored a giant bag o perlite.....4 cubes (about 40 pounds worth) for 13.95. I've been paying 5 bucks for a regular bag of Fertilome (MG has feed in it) The company name is Grace...nice and coarse too. I'll grab another bag later in the week. The garden center is considering a hydro room:high-five:

Morning Chopper! That's a good price. I wish the nursery I went to would add a hydro room, I was thinking of that when I was there the other day.

I've got 2 of those bags, I thought I was running low so got the 2nd one. I've now got perlite coming out of my freaking ears. I'm tempted to throw out half of it, I'll never need that much. But I'm a pack rat with grow supplies.

Hey Blue, you're keepin' busy. Good job on the algae cleanup, those girls are probably about to blast off now that they can feed. Hope you get the mover sorted out. Small tweaks make a lot of difference at times.

Morning Mmmmick! A second ww bit the dust but the other 4 are looking much better and I'd say 2 are looking good.

These girls fan leaves have been basically pointing downwards and wrapped against the plants all grow, like they're pulling in to protect themselves. Now the fans are starting to open up and reach for the light :cheer:

I'm even thinking the red diesel is looking a little better but that may be wishful on my part. The other Mater Magic plants are looking real happy.

Thanks for dropping in my friend!

WOW! Blue. Missed two days and I got three pages behind! Your certainly busy. Sounds like you have fought your way through most of the algae mess. Glad for you! I think Horse gave you a fix for the inflexible cord. :popcorn:

Listening to all the close calls everyone's had gave me the shivers.:smokin:

Morning OMM! I hope the algae is now in my rear-view window. Glad your pc is up and running again, you're full of surprises lol!

They're good stories as long as all ends well, but unfortunately a lot of them don't.

:peace:

5 beans soaked, 5 beans in towling......5 beans crack overnite.....5 beans break thru the soil 24 hours later:thumb::thumb: It should work like this all the time. Attitude rocks!!
Laying out the order for tomorrow now. Adam just dropped TGA's price 20% (no pick n mix) for the 4/20 holiday, so I gotta change things around a bit. Emerald Triangle's "California Wildfire" is looking good too. The ET seeds were the first to crack and first to break the soil surface as well....nice and fresh. I'm taking pix....in case things change anytime soon. this variety of auto flowers, and quick plants would make a good journal......Seed to Jar in 100 days.......it even has a title :)
:peacetwo:

Morning Chopper! Congrats on the beans I hate you lol.

I don't know what's going on here. Only 1 of the first 5 came up. This is day 4 for the veggies and day 3 for the afghanis and none of them have sprouted.

Last year this time I didn't have any of this gear, I just stuck the seeds in crappy dirt, watered with non-ph'd tap water and tried to put them in the sun, and they pretty much all came up. This year they're in a climate controlled room in the finest soil, under lights and getting rainwater and none are sprouting. Almost enough to make me think it might be me lol!

Those veggie seeds are leftover from last year, maybe they're no good now? I'll give everyone a few more days.

Is tonight the night for the big order? Attitude has the best deals? I think I'm going to look around and perhaps make a small purchase myself if the deal is right.

This is like horse racing... what parlay are you playing? :lot-o-toke:

Morning Blue,

I was wondering if this was the journal where I read about "Eva-Dry"? Does anybody remember where its sold? Temps and humidity are starting to rise here in the south.

Morning Inda! Actually Bandit is using it and I'll try to find out where he got it as I've been wondering the same thing. He hasn't been around much it might take a few days.

If you can't upload that bigger pic maybe you could walk me through the smaller one? If you tell me what I'm looking at I'm sure that will get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks bro!

My bubbleicious mother is a mystery. It took her almost 2 months to root and now she's still growing really slowly. I'm going back to the basics with her & all the mothers, nothing but ph'd water, a touch of cal-mag and oc+.

Took 2 more gold clones today, so I now have 3 ak's and 4 ag's.

Here they are in their clone boats:

IMAG1448.jpg

Hay BD, Here's a mover setup I lifted from Mr. Smith's journal. It's for a yoyo, but still might give you some ideas.

diy_vert_test_2.JPG

I'll get some pics of the bris I performed on the cords.

Morning Cryptic! I was going to do something a lot like you're doing for the runoff.

If you're dealing with different sized plants you may have to elevate some of them like I have, so keep that in mind in your design.

I got some good ideas this week, I'm going to check out lowes for a manifold like elec suggested, and I believe that Indajag sent me just what I'm looking for if I could only read it lol.

Still looking for advice on a good pump. I know I've seen a system like this somewhere before but can't remember where, it's not very different from what the flood guys are doing.

Take care!

Morning Blue.

I figure I can get away with using flipped over tupperware containers or something similar, shit like that comes in all shapes and sizes.

I have terrible trouble with WW. My last grow I tried some, couldnt get it to grow, had nothing but trouble. This time I have a White Castle (Nirvana's WWxICE cross) and cant get that bitch to grow either. Have three plants in my grow room right now 2 gorgeous super heroines (Wonder Woman), and this pathetic looking little bush. So at this point I think I'm done with the white strains. If I get enough to pack one bowl off that bush I think I'm calling it a success lol.

Lovin the clone boats man, take it easy.

Attitude has been real good to me, but they're just a seed brokerage. The seed you get is only as good as the company that grew it.
If they'd change just a little bit here, I'd have greenhouses up and be in the biz myself. Beats the f**k outta oranges.{ For Inda....we're running the AC for a couple weeks already. It's the only way to beat humidity in the tropics (and a nice dehumidifer for the room itself )}
Yes. tonight is a good promotion. 20% break on TGA Subcool's stuff. He's a FB friend, so I've seen all his pix. I'm freakin' stoked to get some of his stuff in the dirt. Plus all the usual freebies...[best of all...*No Multi-color Beans* I don't think they ever crack---- hahahahaha.] I always order the stealth Tee shirt:goodluck:.
Ah shit, work time...:peacetwo: See ya tonite
:morenutes:

*OMM knows of what I speak

Hay BD, Here's a mover setup I lifted from Mr. Smith's journal. It's for a yoyo, but still might give you some ideas.

diy_vert_test_2.JPG

I'll get some pics of the bris I performed on the cords.

Thanks for both Horse. That's quite a setup he's got :lot-o-toke:

Morning Blue.

I figure I can get away with using flipped over tupperware containers or something similar, shit like that comes in all shapes and sizes.

I have terrible trouble with WW. My last grow I tried some, couldnt get it to grow, had nothing but trouble. This time I have a White Castle (Nirvana's WWxICE cross) and cant get that bitch to grow either. Have three plants in my grow room right now 2 gorgeous super heroines (Wonder Woman), and this pathetic looking little bush. So at this point I think I'm done with the white strains. If I get enough to pack one bowl off that bush I think I'm calling it a success lol.

Lovin the clone boats man, take it easy.

Hey Cryptic I think I screwed up the WW's with the algae and heat stress. The original plant from seed was the best of the 9, very robust and big. That's why all the oldest clones are ww's, she was the first to have them. And her clones looked great too until the day they got singed. At least I should get enough to try her out, maybe 14 grams between them.

I was so sure the clones were fine that I unfortunately got rid of the mother, I'd like to have had another shot with her.

On the other hand the Red Diesel and SLH were both bad news from the get go.

:peace:

Attitude has been real good to me, but they're just a seed brokerage. The seed you get is only as good as the company that grew it.
If they'd change just a little bit here, I'd have greenhouses up and be in the biz myself. Beats the f**k outta oranges.{ For Inda....we're running the AC for a couple weeks already. It's the only way to beat humidity in the tropics (and a nice dehumidifer for the room itself )}
Yes. tonight is a good promotion. 20% break on TGA Subcool's stuff. He's a FB friend, so I've seen all his pix. I'm freakin' stoked to get some of his stuff in the dirt. Plus all the usual freebies...[best of all...*No Multi-color Beans* I don't think they ever crack---- hahahahaha.] I always order the stealth Tee shirt:goodluck:.
Ah shit, work time...:peacetwo: See ya tonite
:morenutes:

*OMM knows of what I speak

I'll check it out Chopper. It will either be them or SSC. Thanks!

hay blue the irrigation manifold should work great ul need a few of em i used 264 gph pump on the ebb:smokin:

Thanks ss. What brand do you have and would you recommend it or some other?

Hey Blue! I haven't been around in awhile but your plants are looking healthy :thumb:
Thanks for all the great info about hempies and such. I thought I might add, I got a 2 pack of eva drys on amazon and I think it was $25. I believe Bandit got his at his local hydro shop but he can tell you better than I can of course. I really like your boat cloner! I'm gonna have to go back a few pages to read about that.

Hey Cryptic I think I screwed up the WW's with the algae and heat stress. The original plant from seed was the best of the 9, very robust and big. That's why all the oldest clones are ww's, she was the first to have them. And her clones looked great too until the day they got singed. At least I should get enough to try her out, maybe 14 grams between them.

I was so sure the clones were fine that I unfortunately got rid of the mother, I'd like to have had another shot with her.

On the other hand the Red Diesel and SLH were both bad news from the get go.

I'm sure it was me that messed something up. Dont get me wrong I'm not trying to blame Nirvana or the beans or anything, every White Widow and White Castle bean I've planted has sprouted, and actually looked gorgeous most of the way through veg. It just seems the white strains dont like me much once they get to flowering, while the Wonder Women look perfect, outside of some excessive stretching which was again my fault.

I did take some clones off the White Castle and will try them in the hempy with OC+ so I'll see how that goes.

So far those 3 strains are the only ones I've gotten. Thinkin AK-48 and Bubblelicious for a future order.

Back
Top Bottom