Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

I mixed up a solution of about a tsp epsom salts, tsp crushed lime, 2 gals of water, ph'd to under 6 and sprayed them. Well first I didn't ph down and sprayed them, when I realized what I did I ph'd and sprayed again. I found this treatment via google, hope it works or at least doesn't hurt. I backed off the lights too.

I didn't spray the AK48 or Bubba Kush, just the 2 bagseeds and Lucy. She's starting to show a cal/mag def too.

Then I gave them all another handful of prills mixed in where I water and gave them all a shot of water.

Do you think it would be ok to water them with that solution? There's a ton of suspended lime. I'll check out the stores again in the morning.

I'll bet that baby bagseed's a male. It's huge all of a sudden.

Oh well.... more room for my clones!

Hmmmm. You're sailing in waters I'm not familiar with.

In soil you can add lime and gypsum or dolomite.....I'm not sure how they would act in hydro. Certainly you can add hydrated lime and epsom to water....but you've got a tricky little problem there, bro.

Just for fun, add a some lime and epsom to a bucket of water, and check the ppm and pH a day later and see what's up.

This is just a thought...but you might be able to make your own cal/mag additive. Brew it in a bucket and use a few ml's when you water. I've never tried this, but that's where my brain went while trying to figure out a solution for you.

I'm really surprised your tap water isn't handling the calcium and magnesium needs.

There's a solution to this bro....we've just got to be smarter than the water and the perlite.

Hmmmm. You're sailing in waters I'm not familiar with.

In soil you can add lime and gypsum or dolomite.....I'm not sure how they would act in hydro. Certainly you can add hydrated lime and epsom to water....but you've got a tricky little problem there, bro.

Just for fun, add a some lime and epsom to a bucket of water, and check the ppm and pH a day later and see what's up.

This is just a thought...but you might be able to make your own cal/mag additive. Brew it in a bucket and use a few ml's when you water. I've never tried this, but that's where my brain went while trying to figure out a solution for you.

I'm really surprised your tap water isn't handling the calcium and magnesium needs.

There's a solution to this bro....we've just got to be smarter than the water and the perlite.

Doc since I didn't make this bucket up right I'm not ready to blame the water or oc+ yet. When I upped the waterings for the N deficiency everything was great. So I backed off the watering and on day 2 I started noticing the new problem.

I think with all the OC+ prills as top dressing I'm going to have to water more often. It's all just regular OC indoor/outdoor down below.

I'll hit the stores today and see what I can find.

Doc since I didn't make this bucket up right I'm not ready to blame the water or oc+ yet. When I upped the waterings for the N deficiency everything was great. So I backed off the watering and on day 2 I started noticing the new problem.

I think with all the OC+ prills as top dressing I'm going to have to water more often. It's all just regular OC indoor/outdoor down below.

I'll hit the stores today and see what I can find.

I think that's your problem. No micro's in the regular OC. I think you could probably just add quite a bit more OC+ and solve the problem.

I think that's your problem. No micro's in the regular OC. I think you could probably just add quite a bit more OC+ and solve the problem.

Well the girls seem to have stabilized, more waterings and that foliar spray. I checked the ph on my epsom salts/lime solution, it was all the way back up to 7 (from sub 6) in 24 hrs. I think I'll keep it around and see what it does, ph it down when needed again.

Best of all I didn't seem to kill any of them with my spraying:cheer:

Sammie - no longer perfect but a great leaning experience.

IMAG05071.jpg

IMAG05081.jpg

IMAG0509.jpg

Lucy - was also starting to show a def. 30 days old.

IMAG0516.jpg

IMAG05051.jpg

I'll be watching this leaf closely:

IMAG05061.jpg

Bagseed filling up her(?) whole pot already... 30 days old.

IMAG05111.jpg

Preflowers.... what do you guys think?

IMAG05121.jpg

IMAG05131.jpg

She's (?) now twice the size of the Bubba K.

IMAG05151.jpg

bubba kush 30 days old.

IMAG05141.jpg

ak48 24 days.

IMAG05041.jpg

I was using lemon juice for pH adjuster. Someone here told me it might not be very stable (meaning drifting in the pot, as well as the jug). When I checked it, they were right. Store bought has no problem :grinjoint:

Those babes are growing up so fast :bravo:

:peace:

Thanks guys! They sure are growing fast, I had to adjust my lighting 'stand' lol. That means it looks even worse! Oh well it's not really how it looks, it's how well it delivers the lumens.

Doc thanks for the heads-up on Ironite, there are at least 4 different kinds that I saw but I think I got the one I needed.... only 1% N and the rest trace elements. I mixed some into my top dressed areas at the suggested rate of 1/2 tbsp per plant and watered in. I hope this fixes my problem. Looks like I have a lifetime supply for about $13.

Lucy was showing cal/mag def problems on another set of leaves... please let this take care of things.

I was using lemon juice for pH adjuster. Someone here told me it might not be very stable (meaning drifting in the pot, as well as the jug). When I checked it, they were right. Store bought has no problem :grinjoint:

Those babes are growing up so fast :bravo:

:peace:

Horse I vaguely remembered someone talking about problems with lemon juice too. I'll stick with what I have, $8 for probably a 6-8 week supply - I can handle that. Thanks!

glad to see youre gettn everything in check now. sammies gona look great i can already tell. BUSH. :bravo:

:popcorn:

Thank you my friend. She is a crazy thick bush with super thin leaves... definitely a sativa. On the other hand the other bagseed has the biggest leaves I've ever seen. Simply huge.

Here's what I hope will be my salvation:

Ironite Mineral Supplement 1-0-1

20 lb bag for $13... I'll use about 2 tablespoons per plant max. It looks very dark and semi-granular. Kind of like smashed up pieces of shiny coal.

IMAG05171.jpg

Spanish?

IMAG05191.jpg

More lights!

IMAG05201.jpg

Hey brotha, I had a slight problem in my last male disaster of a hempy grow. I used a tsp of cal/mag per gallon of water at ph of 6.2 I'm using something different this time with it, Molases..1 tsp per gallon in my water. I will only be adding the cal/mag to the nutes mix.

Don't stress, those things will give up the goods no matter what you do to them. They do look better to me too.

Hey brotha, I had a slight problem in my last male disaster of a hempy grow. I used a tsp of cal/mag per gallon of water at ph of 6.2 I'm using something different this time with it, Molases..1 tsp per gallon in my water. I will only be adding the cal/mag to the nutes mix.

Don't stress, those things will give up the goods no matter what you do to them. They do look better to me too.

Hey bro! Were they showing cal/mag problems too? I didn't remember that.

I watered over the ironite twice today. I'll keep watering daily for a while until I'm sure it's ok.

That's one of the many great things about hempy over soil for me... I can water as much as I have to and not worry about it. On the other hand I probably wouldn't be having this problem with soil.

I like hempy way better than soil overall. No contest.

Here's Sammie tonight. I hope she's going to make a full recovery. She's always been growing a lot on top.

These plants are super dense, almost no room between their nodes. I makes it tough to tie them. I'm not doing too well with that so far.

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0529.jpg

I think the ak48 has finally hit the res, she's really filling out. For starting out as a mutant runt she's really coming along.

IMAG05211.jpg

Discolored perlite to the left is from the ironite.

IMAG0522.jpg

IMAG05361.jpg

Lucy has two problem areas pretty close to each other. Is she big enough to take a clone from yet?

IMAG05311.jpg

IMAG05331.jpg

IMAG05341.jpg

IMAG05351.jpg

The bagseed is humongous.

IMAG0523.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

and bubba kush

IMAG0525.jpg

Anyone else get surprised by the time change? Got home last night and went to check on the girls and the light were out.... oops!

I've had an issue with my 'buckets'... when the overflow gets down to a trickle it tends to want to run down the side and across the bottom and get the wooden stands wet. And the wood is getting some mold.

Did I mention I hate mold?

I've tried putting thick tape along the bottom to stop the water but it still needs some tinkering.

I have about 10 5 gal buckets with holes in the bottom from my first grow. I cut 4 of them down to 6 1/2" tall, turned them over and they are now my new stands.

Gave everyone a shot of water. I've seen no new signs of nute deficiencies for 2 days now.

Also tried tightening down the lst's on Lucy and Bagseed.

Hopefully I'm back on track.

Hey Blue,

Haha yeah the time change got me too!

Your girls are looking lovely. You are definitely developing a mag def and bit of a cal def too. I would go at them aggressively, I made the mistake of hitting mine slow and they took way too long to recover..I'm seeing some better results now.

In regards to your runoff problem, you may want to look into some plastic potting trays (they go under the pot). Usually real cheap and can hold some of the runoff water that trickles out at the end.

:peacetwo:

Marley

lookin good man glad to see baby ak catchin up

Thanks BigSlim so am I! I think she's going to be a star.

id paint the wood primer white... but before i would paint it with some coat of enamel... should do the trick with mold.

Hey funnystyle good advice. I'm going to do that once they're all really dried out. They're useful for so many things but I can't have the mold.

Hey Blue,

Haha yeah the time change got me too!

Your girls are looking lovely. You are definitely developing a mag def and bit of a cal def too. I would go at them aggressively, I made the mistake of hitting mine slow and they took way too long to recover..I'm seeing some better results now.

In regards to your runoff problem, you may want to look into some plastic potting trays (they go under the pot). Usually real cheap and can hold some of the runoff water that trickles out at the end.

:peacetwo:

Marley

Hey Marley thanks for stopping by!

I put a little less than the suggested dosage for 'established container plants' of 1/2 tbsp per plant. I top dressed it into the perlite where the extra oc+ is, and where I always water. I'm going to lightly water 2x per day until I'm sure everything is ok, or some other problem pops up. I'm probably stunting their root development by watering so much, but it's the only way to get them the nutes.

Dead leaf count is now 5, all from Sammie. I'd love to do a grow without losing a single leaf.

Back
Top Bottom