Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

lol yea id say she def hit the res lol very nice

Thanks buddy!

hempy done right.

Luckily you're the brains of this operation, I'm just following the manual. I'm really excited again. They look amazing.

:welldone: back on track.

Thanks my friend! If I can do it anyone can.

Pretty work!

Thanks poster formerly known as OBX :)

You're doing pretty work yourself!

mmm go ak48 go!
haha def diff from your outdoor crop
but hey bushes are short and capable of yielding just as much as a tree :yummy:
w/o the greenthumb ydig?
just had a vision with a scrog screen and all your cfls on top o that. some lifesize led action hahaha :goof:

Ha I like that! If I used a real light paint, say a watercolor, I could have yellow, green, blue, orange, red and white!

Think I'll let someone else pioneer that for us though :)

We're both pulling for Miss Ak. She was the first seed I picked out. I'm not tying her.

My smaller pot-a-lets are a big improvement, the plants were already starting to get too wide, mostly thanks to my attempts at LST.

Next time I pick up some of that cat litter I'll use that bucket too and will be able to move them even closer.

In these pics the bagseed is right, bubba kush totally hidden behind it, ak48 left front, lucy left back and center rear Sammie is blinded by the light.

IMAG0567.jpg

IMAG05681.jpg

Dead leaf update

Sammie 8
Bagseed 2 (first set)
Lucy 2 "

Total 12

Bubba Kush's first set of leaves are yellow on the tips, about 1/3 of leaf. She may lose them.

AK48 doesn't have a blemish on her. Still perfect.

My smaller pot-a-lets are a big improvement, the plants were already starting to get too wide, mostly thanks to my attempts at LST.

Next time I pick up some of that cat litter I'll use that bucket too and will be able to move them even closer.

In these pics the bagseed is right, bubba kush totally hidden behind it, ak48 left front, lucy left back and center rear Sammie is blinded by the light.

IMAG0567.jpg

IMAG05681.jpg

Dead leaf update

Sammie 8
Bagseed 2 (first set)
Lucy 2 "

Total 12

Bubba Kush's first set of leaves are yellow on the tips, about 1/3 of leaf. She may lose them.

AK48 doesn't have a blemish on her. Still perfect.

That's funny, you keep track of lost leaves. I keep a big brown paper bag in the grow room, to throw the leaves I hack off in. I think when your plants get bigger, you'll be surprised at how many lower leaves they drop, just because they don't receive enough light. I had more problems with that when I was using CFLs, but even with the 1000watter they still drop a few in dense, shady, parts of the plant. Are the leaves you are losing, receiving as much light as healthy parts of the plants?

Also, I'm not tiring to be all "told ya so" or anything like that, I think you're doing a great job and your plants look amazing, but I still think that you started LSTing them too early. I think that's why the growth is just shifted to one side instead of causing multiple growth shoots. I know our grows are completely different, but just as an example, this plant was about 16-18" tall in veg before I bent her. I just cranked the hole plant down with zip ties, slowly over a weeks time. All the growth turned toward the light within hours, but what was really accomplished was all of the side and bottom growth had an equal part of the light. Within 2-3 weeks most of the tops even out to about the same size(even the little scrawny growth at the bottom), so that you end up with multiple "tops"
02971.JPG
02675.JPG

DSCF1004_400x300_.jpg
DSCF1005_400x288_.jpg
DSCF1007_300x400_.jpg

Anyway, I know all grows are different, I'm just trying share whats working for me.
:peace:bro keep up the great work
#

Yo Blue! I've been following along, and just wanted to say thank you for keeping this updated so often. You're doing a great grow! :grinjoint: Love pics!!!

Thank you Joe! I love doing it, and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Sometimes I think I'm going way overboard on the pics, hate to use up so much of 420's storage but I imagine they'll let me know if I have too many.

yea those cat litter tubs are good i was plannin on makin a coulpe dwc buckets outa them i have a few out in the garage

Those tubs are perfect! I cut it more or less in half, used the top for Sammie's new stand the the bottom for the pot-a-let.

That's funny, you keep track of lost leaves. I keep a big brown paper bag in the grow room, to throw the leaves I hack off in. I think when your plants get bigger, you'll be surprised at how many lower leaves they drop, just because they don't receive enough light. I had more problems with that when I was using CFLs, but even with the 1000watter they still drop a few in dense, shady, parts of the plant. Are the leaves you are losing, receiving as much light as healthy parts of the plants?

Hey Elbee! The dead leaves were all nute problems... N def got 6 and cal/mag def got the rest. N attacked the oldest leaves first, but the cal/mag seemed totally random. A sick leaf or two right in the middle of a huge healthy cluster.

Also, I'm not tiring to be all "told ya so" or anything like that, I think you're doing a great job and your plants look amazing, but I still think that you started LSTing them too early. I think that's why the growth is just shifted to one side instead of causing multiple growth shoots. I know our grows are completely different, but just as an example, this plant was about 16-18" tall in veg before I bent her. I just cranked the hole plant down with zip ties, slowly over a weeks time. All the growth turned toward the light within hours, but what was really accomplished was all of the side and bottom growth had an equal part of the light. Within 2-3 weeks most of the tops even out to about the same size(even the little scrawny growth at the bottom), so that you end up with multiple "tops"
02971.JPG
02675.JPG

DSCF1004_400x300_.jpg
DSCF1005_400x288_.jpg
DSCF1007_300x400_.jpg

Anyway, I know all grows are different, I'm just trying share whats working for me.
:peace:bro keep up the great work
#

Your lst on the girl is amazing!

My biggest problem is that they aren't growing upward much at all, just filling in. They're so dense I can barely get a string in there to tie, so I'm not even trying anymore. I'll play it by ear. I may have to back the lights off to induce stretch, but I'll wait to see what flowering brings first.

They look really happy. I'm getting some extra colas. But it's far from a classic lst like you've got.

Peace my friend :peace:

Hey Blue looking good, you sure do have some short fatties there. I can't believe the lateral growth and lack of vertical growth on those, looks crazy.

Hey Elbee that is one long lst job you got going there. That plant looks like a perfect candidate for a CCOB technique (crop circle of bud). Basically the plant is trained around the rim of the pot..Hobbes on another site pulls massive weight from his, might be worth checking out. (He's got a lot of other great ideas as well)

:peace:

Marley

Very nice Blue!!! GO H_E_M_P_Y!!!!

Would you guys mind telling me if my tap is "good"

I just downloaded the water report for my area

Ph 7.7 avg concentraion.

Ta 218 Avg
Total Chlorine .96 Avg
Total hardness 183 Avg.
total Dissolved solids 311 ppm avg
Hardness as calcium/Mg 250 Avg
Flouride .42 Avg

218 is a high TA, worse then mine (150). Seems like a high ppm for dissolved solids as well. The others I'm not real sure on. Doesn't look like great tap IMO, but Mr. Doc Bud would be the one whos response I would go with (pending he gives 1!)

Marley

I agree Marley.

CaneyeBus post that on the Hempy thread and Doc will be all over it. That looks like you'll have some issues, at a minimum you'd have to dilute it heavily with rainwater or something.

Thank you Joe! I love doing it, and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Sometimes I think I'm going way overboard on the pics, hate to use up so much of 420's storage but I imagine they'll let me know if I have too many.

Those tubs are perfect! I cut it more or less in half, used the top for Sammie's new stand the the bottom for the pot-a-let.

Hey Elbee! The dead leaves were all nute problems... N def got 6 and cal/mag def got the rest. N attacked the oldest leaves first, but the cal/mag seemed totally random. A sick leaf or two right in the middle of a huge healthy cluster.

Your lst on the girl is amazing!

My biggest problem is that they aren't growing upward much at all, just filling in. They're so dense I can barely get a string in there to tie, so I'm not even trying anymore. I'll play it by ear. I may have to back the lights off to induce stretch, but I'll wait to see what flowering brings first.

They look really happy. I'm getting some extra colas. But it's far from a classic lst like you've got.

Peace my friend :peace:
I know what you mean about not growing upward much, it seems to take forever when the nodes stack on top of each other, but you'll be glad they are when you flower them, they'll stretch a lot, plus the tighter the inter-nodes are, the more bud site there are. I should of mentioned above that that plant vegged for about 2.5-3 months, tight nodes, like yours, but its worth it to me to weight for the big buds, plus the clone ARMY I took from them while LST/Training/prunning.

Hey Blue looking good, you sure do have some short fatties there. I can't believe the lateral growth and lack of vertical growth on those, looks crazy.

Hey Elbee that is one long lst job you got going there. That plant looks like a perfect candidate for a CCOB technique (crop circle of bud). Basically the plant is trained around the rim of the pot..Hobbes on another site pulls massive weight from his, might be worth checking out. (He's got a lot of other great ideas as well)

Marley
Hey Marley15, I actually considered doing something like that, but I came up with a few of my own ideas(actually its just a combination of other peoples ideas and a little knowledge in horticulture) to try out. I'm really just experimenting at this point. That's why I have 3 plants in flower, grown 3 different ways.One is lollypoped to 6 colas, trained in a circle around a 5 gal bucket.One is trellised,lollypoped to 5 colas, also 5 gal bucket. The other is the one I posted pics of. Then I'll do a clone grow. Maybe one day I'll decide on one thing and stick to it, but I sure hope not, this is too much fun:)

I know what you mean about not growing upward much, it seems to take forever when the nodes stack on top of each other, but you'll be glad they are when you flower them, they'll stretch a lot, plus the tighter the inter-nodes are, the more bud site there are. I should of mentioned above that that plant vegged for about 2.5-3 months, tight nodes, like yours, but its worth it to me to weight for the big buds, plus the clone ARMY I took from them while LST/Training/prunning.

I hope you get a great yield. I vegged my last grow about that long and ended up with about 9z's... and that's after tossing half the crop with budrot.

Lucy's been feeling neglected. She's the strain that can't be named.

She's 36 days old today. She's growing like crazy. She had some slight cal-mag problems that are now over with.

Here she is 2 weeks ago with her nitrogen deficiency.... she lost her first set of leaves.

IMAG03882.jpg

1 week ago:

IMAG04761.jpg

IMAG04781.jpg

tonight

IMAG05691.jpg

IMAG0570.jpg

IMAG05711.jpg

She's doubled her size this week. You go Lucy!

I was just thinking I always was unhappy with her pale green color, but that's no longer the case. She's loving the OC+ and Ironite.

Back
Top Bottom