Here We Grow Again: LALG's 2018 4x4 DWC LED

The hydroguard will be here the same day as the ancient forest for the tea. I will probably try the hydroguard first as it seems a bit eaiser to prepare and use. My friend now uses his tea on the regular. If I could get away with just using the hydroguard I would be a happy camper. My ladies look awful right now, I hope they make it through until Monday. Thanks again for the tips Island! Much appreciated! I'll keep you up to date!

Okay team, here is what we are working with. Do you think the hydroguard is working? A lot of the roots look better than before, mainly the roots above the water line. The plants do look a bit better. Let me know what you think! :)

Side question: I noticed my pictures don't have the 420 mag watermark after the update. Should they? Should I be uploading to somewhere other than "member galleries"?

jesus they still do not look good! a couple questions:

1) what nutes and additives do you have in your res at the moment?
2) what is your res temp
3) do you have algae or slime in your res?

my only other comment is maybe you need more oxygen for that big res...another air stone maybe? You will have problems with small root systems....the bennies have nothing to colonize to get going...try the tea.

jesus they still do not look good! a couple questions:

1) what nutes and additives do you have in your res at the moment?
2) what is your res temp
3) do you have algae or slime in your res?

my only other comment is maybe you need more oxygen for that big res...another air stone maybe? You will have problems with small root systems....the bennies have nothing to colonize to get going...try the tea.

Right now I only have about 1-2 ml each of the General Hydroponics nute line (micro, gro, and bloom). I used 1 ml of z7 and 1 tablespoon of hydroguard. That is in 4 1/2 gallons of water.
The res temps are usually between 70-74. It doesn't usually go higher or lower than that.
I can't see any algae or slime in the res. There is no weird smell or anything coming from them either.

I was kind of thinking another air stone might help as well. I will add another today. Looks like I better get my tea brewed! Thanks for all your help Island!

sorry bro, looks like i am not really helping much lol!

your nute line up is solid, you got your res under control, all i can say is an extra air stone and brew a tea and tip it through the top of the plant so it goes right through. your plants are looking perkier and the roots are not going to heal over night so things are deffo savable...

Lol! Honestly, your moral support is more help than you know! At least with you around I don't feel like I'm going through it alone. That's what makes this is such a great community!

:420::thumb::ganjamon::passitleft:

Okay team, I'm definitely having root issues. The dreaded slime/root rot has reared its ugly head in my reservoirs. I had to do an emergency root cleaning with h202 yesterday. They had dark, nasty film on all of them. I rinsed them off and dipped them in the h202 and rinsed them again. It got a lot of the nastiness off of the roots, not all, but a lot. When I checked on them this morning they were not weeping like before. I ordered the supplies to make a tea for beneficial bacteria. Hopefully I can get this sorted out. Here are some after cleaning pics...

20180212_093617.jpg

20180212_093629.jpg

20180212_093636.jpg

20180214_191525.jpg

20180214_191536.jpg

20180214_191537.jpg

20180214_191557.jpg
Hey man! sorry I was out for about 2 weeks! me and my GF decided last minute to go on vacation before she starts school again !

I hope the root rot got fixed man ! it really sux when it happens.... with the root problems aside how are the growing going?

bro, looks like your roots are turning the corner....they are looking better already. You have a lot of new root growth, awesome! The roots that went brown should clean up a bit but they will not go white again, from my experience. that is fine. my cali og haze plants (8 weeks old) in my veg tent have a root systems like a 100 year old rasta, literally a 4ft long root dreadlock...the top of the roots are a little brownish but they are healthy. i take a pic and post tomorrow, my veg tent light is off right now.

you have a lot of leaf tip curling going on....do you know what is causing that? room or res temp? I do not think it was the root issue, if you still had root issues you would see deficiencies on the leaves.

My guess right now is the leaves are curling due to the classic nitrogen deficiency. I have kept the nutes at a really low level and I'm sure the rot didn't help. I am going to put them back in their big reservoir and up the nutes a bit more today, hopefully I can get them praying again!

My guess right now is the leaves are curling due to the classic nitrogen deficiency. I have kept the nutes at a really low level and I'm sure the rot didn't help. I am going to put them back in their big reservoir and up the nutes a bit more today, hopefully I can get them praying again!

hey man I had this for some time now and it helped me a lot with my first plant before I joined 420 mag hopefully it can help you out a bit

Complete Pest Guide - Cannabis Pests, Bugs & Viruses | Grow Weed Easy

I'm praying for your babies man don't worry Positive energy is on it's way!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hello team! Thanks for checking in on me. Sorry I haven't been around. Just wanted to stop in real quick and let you know all is well! This grow turned out well too :yummy: I probably won't start another journal right away but I am going to try hang out a bit more.
:passitleft:

Here we grow a"grin" :cool:

Strain: Charlie Sheen aka Tigers Blood (photo, 183 days old), Purple Express Auto's, that's all, for now.
Setup: DWC in a 4x4x8 Gorilla Grow Tent, 2x20 gallon totes, 6'' carbon filter and fan for exhaust, Temp controlled room
Lighting: 2x600 watt Viparspectra LED's
Current Stage: All Flowering, for about 3-5 weeks, not sure. (Life's crazy, bad record keeping can be a result :;):)
Charlie Sheen vegged for about 140-150 days in his DWC tote. He was vegging the whole time the Purple Express Auto's were doing their thing. I had to finally flip to 12/12, Charlies was just getting massive. Luckily he is indica dominant and not a huge stretcher but the switch has definitely hurt the auto yield but I don't think it has effected the potency much, still lots of trichs.
Things have settled down a bit allowing me some extra time to spend with the ladies and my 420 family.
Nutes: General Hydroponics Flora line, CalMag, Z7
Temps: Lights on 73-77, Lights off 65 degrees
Ph-5.9-6.1
PPM's-380-550
Pests: Unfortunately I have been battling the dreaded spider mite. I have employed alcohol then azamax to help. The mite population has been greatly decreased since I first noticed them but there are still a few hanger on's. I am continuing treatment as instructed in hopes to eradicate them completely. I am considering diatomaceous Earth and doktor doom bombs as well. Any experience with any of these products team? (I am borrowing that term from tryan2grow1, thanks buddy)

Ok, now that is out of the way. I finally got time to start another journal. The first time around was a blast and I'm hoping for a lot more fun to come. My ten ounces from my last grow is running out but I do have a wee bit of Purple I harvested last week. 2 day cure, oh yeah lol. This Charlie is a beast. Only an inch or two shorter than I am (in his tote, of course) His trunk is massive. You have to see it lol. The Purps are all maturing at different paces. They are from seeds I created using colloidal silver. I just had to try them out. I have also ran a colloidal silver on a Charlie Sheen clone to preserve the strain since it cannot be bought on any seed sites. Apparently no breeder has taken credit for creating this strain, officially. I got it in a bag years ago and it was some great herb. I have small topped clone of charlie growing in a closet under a 300 watt LED in a 6 gallon tote. I stuck him in there as my colloidal silver run was finishing up, kind of hoping he would pollinate for even more seed but I think it was past the point when the pollen was potent. I am thinking about getting rid of him and adding the other light to my main tent but I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may leave it the way it is and run another auto for seeds, I have a white widow, pineapple express, and purple mazar I need to make seeds from.

Strain Specifics

Charlie Sheen aka Tigers Blood - Charlie Sheen is an indica-dominant hybrid, parented by Green Crack, OG Kush, and Blue Dream. These lemon-scented buds taste likewise, with a distinct undercurrent of kush. The effects are relaxing and uplifted, with a lengthy, sleepy come-down great for pain relief and insomnia. (Leafly)

Purple Express Auto
Sex: Feminized
Type: Indica & Sativa
Flowering: Autoflowering
Area: Indoor & Outdoor
Flowering Time: 60 days
Purple Express Auto flowering is an amazing fusion of the latest auto-flowering developments with vigorous, high yielding genetics. And what's more, she is a stunner; cloaked in purple she's the queen of the crop. (Attitude)

And here is where we stand at the moment...

Purple Express Auto, harvested 11/15, jarred 11/17 - Not super proud of how this one turned out. Harvested a bit early and had to be on 12/12 light cycle for the last few weeks of life. As I mentioned earlier, I think that contributed to it being light and stemmy. The trichs are bountiful though, should be an interesting few bowl packs lol. I don't know how much there is total but it is probably around 10-14 grams.

20171111_094302_1_.jpg

20171117_202714_1_.jpg

20171117_202751_1_.jpg

20171117_202900_1_.jpg

Current Tent - On 12/12 light cycle (sorry autos :blalol:)

Charlie Sheen on the left, Purple Express Autos on the right

20171118_162603_1_.jpg

Baby Charlie 6/7/17

20170607_100055_1_.jpg

Charlie Sheen's Trunk

20171118_162640_1_.jpg

Canopy

20171118_162747_1_.jpg

Upskirt

20171118_162731_1_.jpg

Cola

20171118_162951_1_.jpg

Purple Express Auto Stem - I grew 4 of these ladies I created with colloidal silver. 3 of the 4 topped themselves very early in life. I'm not sure why, anyone have any idea what would make them do that?

20171118_162715_1_.jpg

Purp 1

20171118_162837_1_.jpg

Purp 2

20171118_162904_1_.jpg

Charlie Sheen (Colloidal Silver) He had a really hard life. Spider Mites galore. He was awash with them. I will never make that mistake again. I saw the signs and thought it was a nutrient deficiency. But now I know more about pests than I ever have before and I am taking measures to prevent any further infestations.

20171116_140817_1_.jpg

20171119_205559_1_.jpg

Big Charlie lost a lot of leaves/bud sites during the great mite invasion of 2017. He underwent major surgery but it was for his own good, had to get rid of those eggs and infested leaves. I haven't seen many since he started flowering but I am still being vigilante. There is more that needs done to safe guard against these little boogers. I think that about covers everything. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Feel free to follow along in the fun as well, the more the merrier! I'm open to all hints, suggestions, insights, and constructive criticism's! Let the fun begin!

Happy Growing All!
Hey man long time no see! Happy to see those juicy nugs and those awesome seeds !! Nice nice nice!

Happy to see your still around!

Back
Top Bottom