Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

9 more grams of 73micron (Grade A) hash.
11 more of 120micron (Grade B) hash.

Grade A was pretty sticky so I put it in the oven under pressure at 150 for 35min to dry and pressed it even further after removal to render 0.9g pure amber hash oil. 2 stainless steel 1.5 oz ramekin cups and a "C" clamp and a wrench were employed to press the material and render the oil... what remained in the cup was spread back over the hash before it cooled. I was surprised to see it almost completely disappear into the puck as it cooled.

Grade B was pressed in the same manner. The hash oil was not harvested, but spread back onto the hash to recoat the puck. it was quickly absorbed into the material as it cooled.

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

More Background complete. Got the waterfall rocked in and grouted. Got the moss/bark wall foamed, and it's curing now. Weed Block is in. Gap between waterfall bottom, Rock wall, and moss wall and false bottom will be filled with substrate and have vegitation planted. Holes will be cut in the foam to receive net cups with vining/clinging/trailing plants. Empty side on right is access area for pump assembly for waterfall.

Grout and foam above are still wet. Will need 24 hours to dry before I can continue.

Congrats on a fine journal, Jandre! Vivarium looks like it'll be pretty damned cool, brotha. I just finished my first full run using all the nutes and additives in your list, and I'm very pleased. Too bad you're not venturing out much... I've got... PURPLE (spoken like a creepy dude giving a child candy). Not a ton of purple - just a little, but I know how you like your Purps. ;)

Love the tray of bud. Yes please!

the vivarium is just darn awesome i built a few fish tanks in my time an octagon and a pair if 10galln tanks joined with a glass tube/tunnel
but nothing like this , and your popular enough to get my nug vote such a pretty one, im subbed to the new journie sorry ive neglected you but i was dead! with the flu for 2-3 weeks or so i barely made it out of bed for poopin' n such lost 30lbs was on o2 24/7 sickest ive been in years perhaps ever:thumb: you know i loved every second of it!!! yeah right!!!

Congrats on a fine journal, Jandre! Vivarium looks like it'll be pretty damned cool, brotha. I just finished my first full run using all the nutes and additives in your list, and I'm very pleased. Too bad you're not venturing out much... I've got... PURPLE (spoken like a creepy dude giving a child candy). Not a ton of purple - just a little, but I know how you like your Purps. ;)

Love the tray of bud. Yes please!
Purple?? Are you sure you want to tempt me? I might see someone say something stupid, and fly off the handle..... :rofl: about the rest of the vivarium, it's continued here: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flower Box - Test 4: ScrOG

the vivarium is just darn awesome i built a few fish tanks in my time an octagon and a pair if 10galln tanks joined with a glass tube/tunnel
but nothing like this , and your popular enough to get my nug vote such a pretty one, im subbed to the new journie sorry ive neglected you but i was dead! with the flu for 2-3 weeks or so i barely made it out of bed for poopin' n such lost 30lbs was on o2 24/7 sickest ive been in years perhaps ever:thumb: you know i loved every second of it!!! yeah right!!!
POPULAR! rofl, I love it. I really hope you voted on nug appearance, though...

Sorry you died, but I'm glad to see you lived through it. Even though it must have been horrible being dead, at least you got a little rest. Now that you're alive again, you said "New journie" There are two new ones for me.

Here are the links:
Fourth Test Run - In Progress
and
The Darly Project

Totals Recap

Purple Mr. Nice
Main Plant = 14.2g
Shitz&Gigulz = 4.9g
TOTAL 19.1g (0.67oz)

Jandre Kush
Harvest 1:​
2.25oz smoke​
5g Grade "A" hash (73 micron bag) dark yellow in color
9g Grade "B" hash (160 micron bag) yellowish-green color

Harvest 2
75g smoke​
9g Grade "A" hash (73 micron bag) dark yellow in color​
12g Grade "B" hash (160 micron bag) yellowish-green color

Harvest 3
18.25g smoke

Harvest 4
28.5g smoke​
Harvest 3 and 4 combined​
6g Grade "A" hash (73 micron bag) dark yellow in color​
8g Grade "B" hash (160 micron bag) yellowish-green color

jandre Kush Total:
185.75g (6.5oz) total for jandre Kush
20g Grade "A" hash (73 micron bag) dark yellow in color
29g Grade "B" hash (160 micron bag) yellowish-green color

7.17 oz in a 2x4x4 box.... and that's with MITE DAMAGE...
0.71 oz Grade "A" hash (73 micron bag) dark yellow in color
1.07 oz Grade "B" hash (160 micron bag) yellowish-green color

Arguably, the hash total would have been lower if the sparse growth hadn't happened during the infestation, and following treatment.

I could feasibly say that 9-12 oz per box would be the norm in an SOG-type run. Although it takes a little timing, better than I showed, it's a lot easier than everyone else makes it out to be. Sure, I have an automatic watering system set up, and all my lights and fans are on timers, but basically, I only watched them for 2 months with the exception of the 22/45 defoliation.

The 400w HPS performed considerably better than the previous set-up, and I will now go on record as saying:
"HPS by far outweighs the HO T5 in all respects when considering a cannabis growing operation."
The heat output is relatively the same as stacking several HO T5 to get the same lumen/PAR output as a HPS. The only conceivable advantage to stacking T5's is that they can be bought separately ($30 Each 24" fixture) as single fixtures over an extended time, for less than the initial set-up of a HPS rig ($200 for an okay rig), but in the end, you will end up paying a lot more to equal the same strength as the HPS. Also, once you add several HO T5's to get the same Lumen/PAR output as a HPS, your wattage (24w for 24" and 54w for 48" EACH!!!) will be MUCH higher.

"Math!" you say?
24w HO T5 lumen output 1,880
400w HPS lumen output 55,000

To equal just the lumen output, you'd need 30 HO T5's . . . 55,000 divide 1,880 equals 29.25531914893617
Now 30 lights x 24w each equals a whopping 720 watts.

So you'd need and EXTRA 320 watts from the T5 to equal the same output from the HPS.... Need I say more??

That said, if you wish use T5's, you will eventually pay for it in the end in sub-par flower and bud production, and the reduced potency of the THC in what trichomes are created if you stopped adding T5's at 400w, and higher electricity bills by adding T5's to get the same output as a 400w HPS.

The added CO2 received in the transition and early flower(stopped after week 7 as per instructions), really added bulk and strength to the stems. The flowers, however, I noticed very little, if any difference. Since the flowers mature in the final weeks of flower, and therefore received no enrichment in the final stages, there really is no way that it really could have helped much. I can say that CO2 Enrichment did add to the health, and overall vigor of the plants treated. I also noticed a more dense stacking of nodes during the growth in flower, and a lot more flower sites than the previous runs without CO2.

I'd like to thank you all for sharing this journal with me. It's been a real pleasure to hear your comments, input, and words.

This completes this journal.

Follow along with me in the next Cardboard Flower Box: Experiment Series.
link: NEW Cardboard Flower Box Test!

Also, don't forget to check out my homage to a great man.
link: The Darly Project

no! thank you oh great one:)

twas a real bitch being dead! but i saw the other side (or was that the inside of a trash can) in any case its much better "be in the living" i say this has been a great piece of work J see you in the other ones, btw i voted for what i thought was the prettiest flowers (i always do) this time it was j kush

Hehe, Thank you!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I am reporting this to be moved to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

CLOSED(Thank you GT, Much appreciated)

This completes this journal.

Follow along with me in the next Cardboard Flower Box: Experiment Series.
link: NEW Cardboard Flower Box Test!

Also, don't forget to check out my homage to a great man.
link: The Darly Project

Good journal Jandre,
Very informative, love the hash and finshed nugs, thanks for info earlier, Darly Project, Yeeeaaaah!!

Back
Top Bottom