Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flower Box - Test 4: ScrOG

A fine Sativaday to you Jandre!
I sure do love a scrog and yours is a factory of love in its self. very nice indeed!

very nice! love the quality scroggin! makes me want to do it again!, but for now its all about the led test, then perhaps a t5 scrog!:thumb:

T5's... I can tell you about T5's... Look at my first results on this site flowering under T5's. 2x4 area under 8 T5's and still didn't get enough light in there. I believe that there should have been 12 or even 16 in there to do the same as a 600w HPS.

The buds were underwhelming, and smelled of alfalfa. The medicinal effect was okay- but barely so. Not quality at all. And smoking lawn clippings was not desirable.

If you do go with T5's stack them no more than 2" apart and leave no gaps at all. In the end you will end up with more heat, and more wattage in T5's than you would with a HPS to get the same result. Not worth the effort in my opinion, nor worth the extra on the light bill.

A mighty fine skunkday to you Jandre:)

30 days tracking Green Kush Bunnies - GKB

Timer set to 10.5/13.5 for week 3 diminished light.
On: 17:45
Off: 04:15

Now on Full Flower nutes for the rest of flower. Trichomes are really getting strong at 30 days. Took some random shots as checking today, and doing so leaf picking. Fans are starting to turn already on Side A- that kinda concerns me. I'm gonna keep an eye on her and see how she goes. Enjoy the photos.

(CLICK THE IMAGES FOR FULL SIZE)
First, both girls

Side A: see the yellowed leaves, and thinning foliage? Some of these were pulled up from underneath where they were shaded and are now getting full light so that may be part of the cause. The flowers still look okay, so I'm only mildly concerned at this point.

Side B is doing spectacularly!

And now some random shots of both side's flowers. I'll breaking out the scope in a week or two, so we can watch the triches turn.

fin.

Absolutely lovely as usual Jandre... what would be causing the yellowing in that one side though? Sorry, still trying to learn what causes what signs in cannabis... +reps :Namaste:

Hey! thanks for the kudos and the rep!

Some of these were pulled up from underneath where they were shaded and are now getting full light so that may be part of the cause. A leaf that spends its days in part shade, suddenly moved into light as strong as this one, and so close can cause that. Actually, it can cause "bleaching" or it can cause the leaf to die altogether. The flowers still look okay, so I'm only mildly concerned at this point.

It's sort-of like putting tender seedlings right outside in full sun, and 85 deg F, when they're used to milder light and cooler temps. There's a "hardening" period that needs to happen to reduce this stress. I just didn't realize it could be so localized until it happened. Or at least that's what I THINK happened. I'll know more later though.

That last analogy made sense, no hardening off period... I didn't realize that's what you meant by underneath since I haven't tried a scrog yet... and Jandre, having read your journals, you've earned tons of reps man... blessings and good luck on the job I saw you mention on OMM's journal :Namaste:

With the lil one starting school and what not, yeah, I can understand that one. Gotta do what's best for you and the family though, be that work or at times, not work and maybe take the next one. Equinox is coming too, couple months, true ;)

looking good as usual:thumb:
even the one with issues looks good youll fix the problem if there is one

I believe I found part of the problem!!!

Pump was turning on, but wasn't pumping very well. Root infiltration was blocking flow. ROOT INFILTRATION!! They had found the screened inflow bulkhead, and grew down inside, blocking the openings, so that only part of the roots were getting water. So, although the plant was getting nutrients, the bin wasn't really filling very well, and the top roots were only getting wicked moisture, instead of the nutrient bath for which this system was designed.

Of course, I cleared the way while the pumps were still on, to make sure the water flowed well, watched it fill, and then closed it back up. :cheer: YAY! :cheer: So hopefully that was the cause of the yellowing through malnutrition due to improper filling.

I'll continue to monitor the plant in Side A for further decline, but I believe I have found it.

Back
Top Bottom