Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flower Box - Test 5: ScrOG Part Deux

So I am planning to build a new box. Not of cardboard, something more sturdy...

First the equipment box.
Bottom10.jpg

Next the Plant Box.
Top64.jpg

And the finished assembly
Full7.jpg

Now... How it will look when everything is in but the plants.
Equipment3.jpg

Eqiupment-Side.jpg

This gives a total of three feet above the medium, to the minimum below the light...
Materials1.jpg

I found a treated plywood that's resistant to mold/mildew and moisture.

Gonna sand/stain, on one day off, and assemble on the next. Then on the next day off, I'll move the plant that's in the cardboard box into the new grow cabinet... or maybe the veg area will go in... I've not decided that part yet.

There is one stipulation. IT HAS TO LOOK LIKE A PIECE OF FURNATURE... guess who said that...

Wow! Jandre. Beautiful drawings. Glad to see you taking the next step in your growing experiments. Lots of work ahead. Can't wait to see the completed work. :Namaste::bravo:
Hey, OMM! Thanks. I have split weekends so yeah, it's gonna be a start/stop adventure for sure. It drives me crazy that I can't do a REAL weekend project anymore, but I guess it's more exciting this way to get each step done in one day.

nice what material you using? cant wait to see the finished cabinet i have several particle board utility cabinets about that size, but not at all suitable for growing we know how particle loves moisture lol
Yeah, gonna use treated wood, and seal it. Then, either panda film, or a shitload of car windshield reflectors from the dollar store for the reflective inside. Dunno how that's gonna look, but at least it'll be spray-glued to the inside so it won't be flopping around like the panda film would. I'm kinda tired of the panda film curtain I have to deal with on the Cardboard Flower Box, so I'm looking for something that appears cleaner, and is less intrusive to working inside the box.

Shit... I forgot to post this, but I had a fan failure in the box, and when I got home and noticed it, it was 109F inside. The Green Fluffy Bunnies after a week of fighting finally gave up the ghost. The other one (I can't say what it really is, because anyone looking online for the little baked treats sold by tiny, prepubescent females dressed in brown outfits with green sashes, adorned with assorted pins would end up here. . . . NOT GOOD!!) The "Explorer Biscuits" did pretty well, though, and is now being trained to fill the rest of the space. so sad... oh well, the GROW MUST GO ON!

For those interested in a sorta campy, cheesy narrative of the new build, you can go here:

Feel free to post comments, and give some thoughts as it progresses. Just don't be abusive, as this is only my second build of this type, and will probably not change my fucking plans just because I suck at it, so don't tell me I do, because I don't care.

Yes, I'm old and surly. Yes, I know it. No, I'm not going to change it right now. I'm working too many twelve-hour days to really care. Maybe it'll change in the future, but until then, I know who my friends are, and I know they'll understand. Or maybe I'll just have a mid-life crisis and buy a sports car that I can't really afford. But maybe not.

Hi Jandre

Don't knock having a mid life crisis. I thoroughly enjoyed mine! :Namaste:

So, ummm...

Y'all want some photos?

Here's one.

EXPLORER BISCUITS!

She's filling in the screen to take the lost space of Green Fluffy Bunnies quite nicely. Wouldn't you say?

Very nice! Very nice! :thumb::cheer:

Back
Top Bottom