Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flower Box - Test 4: ScrOG

065 days tracking Green Kush Bunnies - GKB

Side A: Cut, and hung... The trunk is as big as my THUMB

PICS?!
(CLICK THE IMAGES FOR FULL SIZE)

And just a kick in the balls to the naysayers of Hydroton...

Can't support a healthy root system??

SUCK THIS!!

And mine's reusable, where soil-type mediums must be tossed into the compost and turned for a season before it's good again. . . Mine? 10 minutes of washing, and I can immediately reset it for planting again.

I love my medium..!

i hear bad things about herb iq a while back about it uploading data to the internet, so i only used it on my computer that was not connected to the net, they may of sorted the problem out now but their was talk it was uploading peoples data to the net somewhere, so just tread careful unless its been sorted, or look around the net and see what you can find out about herb iq, im going back a year or 2 when i read about it and i did notice that stuff was uploading from my comp when i used it, so i put it on my other computer that was not connected to the net.

loving the roots jandre, so you just grew in hydroton, not something ive come across in the garden centers, is it just a ph neutral type pebble that contains no nutrients at all, do you just add nutrients with every feed, so im using --- would i just water like i do with my soil plants or do you need to water and feed more often, would it need a dish so the roots could suck the run off back up,

ive not seen anyone say hydroton is no good for a root system but your comments suggests some growers have said something or said it dont work, you certainly got plenty of roots and id say looks more than my soil plants have when i harvest and check the roots, so the hydroton cant be all that bad if its supporting them roots like that,
what was the reasons they said it didnt work,

im interested as ive had mixed results using compost, some composts are to hot for the plants and others seem to case some lockout issues when i start feeding nutrients, i just had 1 plant in some new compost i was using and it was totally fine all the way through veg, but then when i changed to flower stage feeds and the bloom increased i then got a mag lockout with brown speckles on the leaves, it only affected the fan leaves so i had to flush and luckily i managed to stop it getting worse, but ive not had issues before and my other plants in the other compost have never had any problems, so clearly some composts are not much good, i even had one that killed plants, it was some seedling and cutting compost, my seedlings kept dying and i thought it was something i did, then i transplanted a plant into it and it turned the leaves into claws so clearly it had way to much N in it for these plants.

i cant go hydro due to laws here so i need to keep it as simple as possible which means using regular plant pots, but you get great results with the medium you use so might find out where i can pick some up from, plus if it can be used many times then it saves me finding places to dump my old compost as its even risky doing that, so hydroton would certainly keep the risk factor down but ive not seed any growers use it for a whole grow like that, i know they use it form hydro in the small net cups but not seen any big grows using a pot full of it,

so might give it a try myself, even if i just ran it in one or 2 of my pots and done side by side with compost, just wondered how watering was affected and nutrients, would it need watering more often and feeding more often, i know you would need nutrients from day1 where as compost is good for 2 or 3 weeks depending on pot size,

great looking plants as always my friend

Well Then Talk About Pot Music shooby dooby doo wop!
nice pluck yet again Jandre:cheer: You sure do got a nice root too:)

Happy Weednesday Jandre:circle-of-love:

i hear bad things about herb iq a while back about it uploading data to the internet, so i only used it on my computer that was not connected to the net, they may of sorted the problem out now but their was talk it was uploading peoples data to the net somewhere, so just tread careful unless its been sorted, or look around the net and see what you can find out about herb iq, im going back a year or 2 when i read about it and i did notice that stuff was uploading from my comp when i used it, so i put it on my other computer that was not connected to the net.

loving the roots jandre, so you just grew in hydroton, not something ive come across in the garden centers, is it just a ph neutral type pebble that contains no nutrients at all, do you just add nutrients with every feed, so im using --- would i just water like i do with my soil plants or do you need to water and feed more often, would it need a dish so the roots could suck the run off back up,

ive not seen anyone say hydroton is no good for a root system but your comments suggests some growers have said something or said it dont work, you certainly got plenty of roots and id say looks more than my soil plants have when i harvest and check the roots, so the hydroton cant be all that bad if its supporting them roots like that,
what was the reasons they said it didnt work,

im interested as ive had mixed results using compost, some composts are to hot for the plants and others seem to case some lockout issues when i start feeding nutrients, i just had 1 plant in some new compost i was using and it was totally fine all the way through veg, but then when i changed to flower stage feeds and the bloom increased i then got a mag lockout with brown speckles on the leaves, it only affected the fan leaves so i had to flush and luckily i managed to stop it getting worse, but ive not had issues before and my other plants in the other compost have never had any problems, so clearly some composts are not much good, i even had one that killed plants, it was some seedling and cutting compost, my seedlings kept dying and i thought it was something i did, then i transplanted a plant into it and it turned the leaves into claws so clearly it had way to much N in it for these plants.

i cant go hydro due to laws here so i need to keep it as simple as possible which means using regular plant pots, but you get great results with the medium you use so might find out where i can pick some up from, plus if it can be used many times then it saves me finding places to dump my old compost as its even risky doing that, so hydroton would certainly keep the risk factor down but ive not seed any growers use it for a whole grow like that, i know they use it form hydro in the small net cups but not seen any big grows using a pot full of it,

so might give it a try myself, even if i just ran it in one or 2 of my pots and done side by side with compost, just wondered how watering was affected and nutrients, would it need watering more often and feeding more often, i know you would need nutrients from day1 where as compost is good for 2 or 3 weeks depending on pot size,

great looking plants as always my friend

Herb.IQ has never tried to get out past my (several) firewalls... ever. So anyone that told you that it was trying to upload info was misinformed.

As for the hydroton, I have been told many things. I've been told that it's a breeding ground for bacteria, stays to wet, doesn't breathe(laugh), and my personal favorite, will give your plants root rot quicker than... than... oh... something about baby rash. All of it misinformation.

As you can see from the above picture, the root system stays quite healthy.

On the other questions. I use it in a completely hydroponic system (Ebb&Flow D.I.Y.). It is inert, and lends nothing to the grow except for something for the plants to grow roots into and grab onto, while the plant grows. I provide all the nutrients in a bath that fills the entire basin twice a day for 15 minutes, and then drains.

during the first 2-3 weeks, I use water only, as this type of system with full nutrients can burn new roots. Then I gradually step up the feeding over about 2 months until I get to full strength, flowering nutes.

Happy Friedday Jandre:circle-of-love:

I am pissed that I backed the wrong horse in the early days, but I'm glad that I now know the truth. And... The wrong horse corroborated the truth, so I am certain that I now know the whole story. 420 was protecting the members of this site from being lied to, and from being told everything was fine when it clearly was not. We were not privy to all of the the drama, but that was because 420 did not feel it was professional to air dirty laundry between two companies in a public forum. Not only that, but it would have broken the Business Code of Ethics, to which all companies should abide. Those that don't, suffer major legal battles and often lose because of it.

Suffice it to say, I was in contact with 420 and the sponsor, and through cross referencing e-mail, phone, and personal contacts, have whittled, boiled, and sweated down the two stories to the bare truth. It comes to this: we at 420Magazine were, in fact, being lied to, and were being protected from further deception by banning the sponsor, and revoking sponsor status. This is not mere conjecture, it was actually confirmed by the past sponsor to be true. Although he did not know he was confirming it at the time, he did corroborate the event timelines, and certain other details that eventually led me to the truth.

Furthermore, I heard the sponsor's own voice in a voice mail, saying things that went directly against his written story at the time, and confirmed that the "public" story going around from that sponsor was a complete falsehood. This, my 420Mag friends, shook me to my very core. I am not pleased with the results, to say the least... I went into this trying to prove the sponsor was in the right... I felt sorely, and publicly humiliated when I realized that everything I had been saying for the past months trying to persuade management to reinstate the sponsor, was incorrect, and that I had **myself** been spreading misinformation. Imagine that- **ME** spreading misinformation... you can't imagine the feelings I went through. Those that know me, and know my disgust of misinformation might be able to barely imagine how I felt. Let's just say that I've made my ire of it well known around the forums.

Please, 420 Magazine friends and management, allow me to deeply apologize for my actions, and for spreading the belief that the sponsor was being done wrong. To my friends here, I can only say that I thought I knew the whole story at the time. To 420 management, I know that you never wanted to hear of this sponsor again, but I felt that I should extend my hand in an offer of peace, to put this thing to rest for good.

Those that know the story to which I am referring, please do not name the sponsor in this thread. I wish to keep this message intact so all that visit will be able to read it.

I now step down off my soapbox, and return you to your regularly scheduled grow thread.

Happy Sativaday Jandre:circle-of-love:
I think you are being a bit hard on your self. We have all had folks that we trusted and were soon found not to be.
Your integrity proceeds you and always will.

i agree with fish cake, you was only going off info you was provided from a trusted friend, as far as you knew he was telling the truth, so nothing you said was in any way wrong, you told what you thought to be the truth and didnt know it was lies,

you had the balls to stand up and admit it so after hearing the voice thing myself i have to say its pretty low been lied to like that, at least we all know the truth, again 420mag was clearly doing what was right even if at the time we thought they was been a bit harsh,

none of us expected to be lied to, least of all jandre,
have some reps if it lets me, but dont beat yourself up about it mate, you was doing what you thought was right based on the info you was getting, how was you to know any of it was wrong or false, none of this is your fault,
sent you some reps, lets move onwards and upwards and keep on growing

Back
Top Bottom