Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

Things really got interesting over here. Cant wait until you get the tank up and running with the frogs and fogger

Yeah, about that. I think, due to the cost, I will nix the fogger and run misters into the top of the enclosures instead. I mean I can do that for 2 bucks, vs. spending $60-$70 on the fogger. It's great for aesthetics, but not really for the pocketbook.

Re: Jandre2k3's Cardboard Flowerbox - 41 Week Perpetual SOG Part2 - Blue Planet Nutri

Have you checked on fleebay for them? I've seen some 4 head ones for $20-$30.

When you get your jar humidity down to 62. Do you no longer burp the jars after that?

RH stable at 62% for 24+ hours, no more burp; You are correct.

And as far as the little disc mini foggers, a *lot* of those are not worth the money. I've had a few of those in my time, and will not trust any of them ever again.

Search Repti Fogger and you'll see what I was thinking about getting.

yea i dig your label lol :thumb:

next time if you e ver have glass cut for you tell em to sand the edges down

yea i dig your label lol :thumb:

next time if you e ver have glass cut for you tell em to sand the edges down

Just a little something I made to help me keep track of things in cure.

On the Glass...I told them I *did not* want the edges sanded. Better seal, and more flush joints. He warned me repeatedly that a simple seamed edge was very sharp and extreme caution should be used, and that he'd feel better if he could at least sand the corners. I told him my plan for use, and that I own a diamond wheel for the exposed corners. He agreed that an untreated crisp edge was best for flush corners, and was glad to hear that once assembly was complete and silicone was cured that I'd be going over all the exposed edges with the diamond wheel. Saved me $40 in glass fees for treated edges.

I'm digging that repti fogger. I checked out a couple YouTube reviews on it. Good thing about it, it has a standerd top so you can use a bigger bottle instead of using the 1L it comes with. They also put the repti fogger over the little silver disc foggers.
True, but this one looks to be better made than the little ones gotten off fleabay. I may end up doing a DIY of this Repti Fogger. Plus as we all know, the membrane eventually wears out (this one is PORCELAINE instead of plastic) and ZOOMed sells replacement membranes. They also have the replacement fan that blows the fog. From everything I've seen, the fan will last from 6mo to a year, and the membrane needs to be replaced after a year if only distilled or RO water is used inside.

Harvest part 4 is almost done hanging. I hate flash... it always washes out the green.

Harvest 3 is almost ready to seal completely. Lost a lot of the smell for some reason. Maybe it'll stink up again when lid goes on for good.

Vivarium is coming along. Started the backdrop, and water feature. Keep in mind, this is only the underlayment and meant as structural support only. This will be decorated, and painted to look natural.

Also, I went with a grid-type false bottom for drainage, instead of the expanded clay that is on the market until I can use some of the new Hydroton replacements to see how well they stack up to the original.

On the right side, the rounded part will house the pumping equipment. It will be removable to provide access to parts if needed. it will be decorated to look like wood bark, and the top will resemble a rock. The top right (washed out) is 1.5" deep and will be the top of the waterfall. The whole waterfall will be decorated to look like rocks, and painted different sandy/slate colors. The left flat side and the right flat side above the "bark" will be treated with Great Stuff and sculpted to look like rock/tree/wood, and will be painted, and sealed, and have coco attached to it to grow mosses, and provide a climbing structure for the frogs, hold a few plants on the walls that are flat right now. The bottom horizontal piece is the "river" and it wall be the catch basin of the waterfall, and flow to the front of the enclosure and down through the substrate to the basin below.

the false bottom will be covered with weed block fabric and organic soil will be placed on top of that and inoculated with springtails (natures janitors) and I will also be starting a culture of wingless fruit flies for food for the frogs as the time gets closer to bring them home.

The ledge on top left will serve as a platform to grow trailing vines and mosses to run down the back wall. That will also be filled in underneath with Great Stuff and textured with coco for froggy climbing pleasure.

Jandre, whaaasaaahhh!? I have a concern, about painting the Styrofoam. It might loose its form, depending on the kind of paint, it will melt. The chemicals in most paint destroy Styrofoam. Just a heads up.:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:
:cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb: Water-Based Acrylic craft pain will not melt the foam. :thanks: for the heads-up, though!

looks like you thought this through thoroughly:bravo:

oh yea great job on the next part of your harvest :thumb:

looks like you thought this through thoroughly:bravo:

oh yea great job on the next part of your harvest :thumb:
You know me! I think too much as it is, and when I get to planning something, I am often accused of over thinking. I just want no surprises, and want to have all my bases covered when I start. meh..

And thanks for the kudos. Almost ready to pull the last part of this box, and set it up for the ScrOG of Purple Mr. Nice. It should be fun.

Final harvest. Perpetual SOG experiment is completed. ScrOG test will follow.

Final harvest result:

114g (4.021236 oz) wet weight smoke-able bud. Estimate 28.5g (1.005309oz ) dry.

Will post dry weight total of Part Deux after final harvest has dried.

Up in the next experimental run there will be new additives, completing the Blue Planet Nutrients High Yield Feeding System

• 3-part Elite base nutrients: Grow, Micro, Bloom
  • Vita Blue
  • Liquid seeweed
  • Early Bloomer
  • Liquid Blue
  • Root Magic

This comes with the purchase of the final 2 parts I was missing for a very reasonable price.
-- Shipping method --
FedEx Home Delivery

==== Items ====

Root Magic Mycorrhizae Biological Inoculum (4 ounces)
SKU rmb7
Weight 1.00lbs
Quantity: 1
Price (each): $14.95

Liquid Seaweed .3-.2-1 (quart)
SKU 2LSqrt
Weight 3.50lbs
Quantity: 1
Price (each): $8.00

==== Order Totals ====

Items: $22.95
Shipping: $11.43
Tax: $0.00
TOTAL: $34.38

I am now proud to announce that I will soon have all of the Blue Planet Nutrients Elite Series of nutrients.

Everybody cheer!

This experiment is over, this journal will end soon, a link the next box experiment will be posted here, and the matrix is upcoming.

For continuity I will transfer over the posts of the VIVARIUM already posted here, and finish it out on the next Purple Mr. Nice ScrOG experiment.

yeah what OMM said:)

Back
Top Bottom